Eye of Horus... Evil or not?

I have the eye of horus tatted on the back of my neck. I feel like shit for having it because I became a christian...

Its very unchristian like of me to still have it on the back of my neck...

I am an amazing person.
I wasn't always an amazing and good person.

What do you Christians think? Would you consider someone condemned for having it on their body?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you're not condemned. If God would condemn someone for past mistakes, we'd all be in trouble and I wouldn't have anything to do with a God like that. I wouldn't get anymore cuz now you now it's not necessary. Consider it a battle scar lol.

• Thanks you for mho😊 Gods a God of love. He's not standing in heaven watching who he gets to destroy next. That's what the devil does, wanders the earth searching who he can devour. Would your dad hate you for a past mistakes or even recent/future mistakes? God loves you infinitely more than your dad has the ability to. I don't stop loving my daughter cuz I know she's going to make mistakes in her life. We all do. If we're this good, God is infinitely better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Think about it. You are a Christian -- the definition of which means that you claim the blood of Jesus as salvation because it erases your wrongdoings, which you couldn't do yourself. Certainly if all your sins have been erased, past present and future, you don't need to worry about condemnation. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, as the Bible says.

What Guys Said 9

• bro its just body art.

• The eye of Horus is not "evil". It's a Pagan symbol that personifies a God whether you believe in him or not. It was intended to protect and ward off evil not bring evil.

Don't feel bad about it. I'm sure your Lord cares about what's in your mind and soul rather than the ink on your body.

• I'm fascinated with Egyptian mythology, as well as Greek, Roman, and Norse.

That doesn't mean i follow any of their religions.

• Horus betrayed the Emperor.

• No its not something you should be ashamed of

• Condemned? No. But tattoo removal exists.

• laser tat removal is your friend

• "And behold Tuttifrutieshep has held forth the Magobininion of Diogenes the lesser of Enoch-on-Styx (not the the one in Assyria, the other one) where it is written all those who bear the mark of Horus upon their persons shall, on the third to last day of judgement when all the creatures which live under medium sized rocks shall be called forth to sing 'Men of Harlech' in three part harmony, whether they be shriven or unshriven or only semi-shriven shall suffer burial in warm spaghetti for all eternity, unless they be washed in the blood of the lamb, because then it would just be gross."

So, if you want to avoid that fate definitely get it removed, or keep a lamb handy.

• Ooh the dead can look through the eye and see the living. Jesus don't like that.

What Girls Said 2

• God doesn't give a fuck

Don't think so deeply about it

The body is a vessel

• "Eye of Horus evil or not?"
    So... you got a tattoo without researching what it means? If you've actually researched it, then how can you claim it to be evil?
    Why do people do such things?