Do you like Amon Amarth?

• Love them!
  • I like them
  • meh
  • only like some songs
  • dislike them
  • Dislike metal

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally, I think they are alright. I'm not a huge fan of their specific genre because it gets too "viking-ish" for me and I'm picky on screams. I like melodic death metal when it has almost a bit of metalcore influence thrown in.
    However, their instruments and guitar parts are nice. I may like a little more technical at some parts but overall it is cool.

On a side note, one of the songs I'm co-writing in a metal album in development (my friend is a fan of them), it was heavily influenced by Amon Amarth... well Amon Amarth with some metalcore parts. Once we record all the parts and finish it I'll have to give you a copy haha

Most Helpful Girl

• I do like some of their songs :)

What Guys Said 6

• Oh my God. Oh my God. Someone who also likes metal on GAG. That's a first for me. I've listened to Amon Amarth for years. Love them. Blackbirds is my second favorite song by them, but there are so many that are just fucking great. Apparently Amon Amarth have a very large female following, which I was surprised to learn awhile back. Must be the rugged, hairy manly thing.

Also, I just have to link blackbirds. The melody is so unique. It's got this insane mix of muted, stoic despondency. And yeah, the viking lyrics really give the music substance. All of Twilight of the Thunder God album I'm in love with. Pursuit of The Vikings opening riff is just badass. Really, they come up with a bunch of awesome riffs. One of the first songs that I learned on the guitar. God their riffs are fucking delicious. And yeah, the story-like lyrics are also great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKFnwanS1I

That song got me through a particularly tough time, believe it or not.

I ran 12 miles to "Death In Fire", the previous months I hadn't run farther than 2, too. Gets me so pumped. Perfect workout music.

I'd forgotten about them for a little while, though. I need to listen to them some more. ^_^

• wow this band name rings a bell, my friend mentioned them back in high school. i heard like one song but thats it. can't remember what it was.

• Yeah, I like them! Had even preordered their latest album 'Jomsviking'!

• Nah, totally not my type of metal.

• thanks got a new band to listen to nowe :)

• Amon Amarth? Sonds like His parents were missing part of their vocal apparatus when they named him.

What Girls Said 2