To lie in order to keep a guy you like or want?

is it really that bad? I mean there are situations when you lie because if you tell the truth you will think the other person will stop talking to you or leave you or get mad at you for whatever scenario. I mean I know lies are no good but what if you lie just because you think or believe as you know the person, that he won't understand the reason for you to lie to that person you are afraid that person won't understand you, he or she do not put in the other person shoes to understand the reason for lying.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to be trusted when you lie. People do lie however, usually it's white lies like do you think I look good in these jeans? Yes sure! That's OK to say, because it helps to protect feelings however, I think even with that white lie, it would be better to say, those jeans are not your style, I think another pair would look better, that's a bit healthier. If someone lies because they half doubts about being wanted or that they are good enough for another person, when this occurs the other person may be annoyed or just not believe anything you say after that, or they may value a humble yet honest person that even though they aren't comfortable in their skin they are honest enough to admit it and are actively working to feel better about themselves. Sometimes women tell guys they have boyfriends when in fact they don't, but that is normal for females as they want to be won or desired, it's a romantic thing, and some guys get it and press for a relationship others take things at face value and don't even try.

• The thing is I met a guy last year and I like him, he is my cousin best friend. We hit if off right away when we met during a family trip. One month after we met we hang out for the first time. by ourselves, he invitedme to dinner, and I had a good time. He complimented me on my looks and after dinner we went to the park and talked for hours and at the end of the date we made out, I can feel he wanted to make out with me the moment he started to get close to my face and then kiss my cheek so we ended making out. During that date and even when we first met one month before. The guy asked me about my love status. About himself, he told me he had 2 previous relationships but never married the ladies neither had kids with them either, he even went to tell me an intimate thing by saying, that he even protected himself so he really was lucky neither girl got pregnant. The guy is 42 years old im 44. So he asked me about mine, I had to lie to the guy as I did not want to sound im prude lady and.

• But probably the gyuy wotn even show up he is in crutches. I mean but becaue he is a man I doubt a man with the ego he has will like to be seen at a bar or restaurant walking with crutches. Who knows!!

• Yeah he trying to feel positive or maybe feed his ego. Many times when people are empty they tend to do things that seem a little self absorbed. You might see him, or maybe not at that get together as he may have to protect his pride. It's good though he's up and walking even if it's on crutches.

Most Helpful Girl

• a lie is a lie!

• I know a lie is a lie but why can't be excusable depending on the situation probably?

• no I don't like lies!

What Guys Said 6

• To me it is never a good thing to lie in any relationship.. I am very honest to my women friends they can ask me pretty much anything they want and they know they will get a very honest answer from me.. never have I told a lie to try and keep the women with me.. that is just not me.. to do something like that

• depends on the lie perhaps?

• A lie might look like a good idea in the short-term. Long-term though a lie will always do more harm than the truth.

• I never lie to keep someone because i wouldn't be myself. I also hate it when people lie because they want to keep me because they like me, i'd rather know the truth even if it would hurt me.
    Plus if they truly liked me then i would like them in return, and accept whatever hurtful thing they say even if it takes me time to get through it.

• Depends what the lie is about.

• Nope, lying is a no bueno... and it's pretty selfish too to be honest.

• so to be honest is beign selfish?

• No. Lying is pretty selfish.

What Girls Said 4

• The problem with lying is ... if they discover the truth one day , every truth will become questionable.

• Lying is never worth it.

• I've done it, worst mistake of my life. It's better for them to be mad for a while and get over it than to find out you lied.

• It doesn't matter. Most people lie anyway. It's a tool they use.