My grandad is ruining our family?

My dads father is ruining our family. My grandad owns a multi million euro business and has all the money he could ask for. He has my dad and my family living under his rules basically because anytime we want to go on holidays or spend any ammount of money we have to go through him since my dad works for his business. My dad doesn't make much money from working at the business as he is not high up because he trained as a chef and worked as a chef but the business is to do with selling furniture so he doesn't have the requirements to be high up unlike his brothers who are all driving bmw's and audis and own mansions, while we struggle to go on holidays once every two years. His dad is playing him like a fool and keeps saying he will have things sorted and help us out but he has been saing this for 2 years and nothing has been sorted. It's ruining my parents marriage as they are litterally being controlled by my grandad who is soo selfish and doesn't give a crap about us. My dad is on medication for depression and sees a psychologist because of it.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do? i'm worried for my family. I know we could be a lot worse off but it's crazy how my grandad has all this money and so does my uncles but we get nothing for no reason. we all work hard too and were just stuck under his control financially.

What Girls Said 2

• Sorry to be blunt but Why does your dad need to work for him?
    Just because my parents have money, doesn't mean I can't go and make my own.
    Maybe you should stop blaming grampage and focus on why your dad isn't standing in his own two feet. nobody is owed anything just by being in a certain family. Everyone is responsible for making their own way.

• I don't know what u can do?

What Guys Said 1

• why doesn't your dad get a job outside of the family business. since he doesn't get the perks of working in the business maybe he just needs to get a job outside of it. then he's not under his father's thumb