How can you tell when a bread or rice is actually whole grain?

0|0
6|10

Most Helpful Guy

• General rule is if it doesn't explicitly say so, it isn't. In the UK, it should say wholegrain (or wholebran). Even if it does say that, most 'wholegrain' bread isn't more than 60% so. But be wary of grains that claim to be wholegrain, then you look on the back of the packet, and it says 11% wholegrain. Blatant false marketing. Other thing to look out for, is the less ingredients, the better. You can get bread that is 100% wholegrain, sourdough (uses natural leveners, yeast free), and not fortified with vitamins and minerals (I mean, the question must be begged why food should need fortification anyway); however, most people wouldn't be able to bear the taste. The cost can be prohibitive too. Most wholegrain bread seems to be a half way house in terms of goodness. Ideally, of course, one would create their own bread using homemade sourdough, this would once again instill bread's vitality! But alas, this is pretty impractical for most people with jobs.

But yeah, basically, the packet should state it somewhere. If it doesn't, then you can assume it's not.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• You simply slap it twice and call it Jeremiah, and if it shakes and shimmies like a $10.00 ho, it

4|0
    0|0
  • Ingredients do not have the word "enriched" ANYWHERE!!!
    Ingredients first ingredient is WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, COMMA!!!

2|0
    0|0
  • Whole grain is the powder version of the grain when it also has the skin or scales of the seed.
    While the flour is not whole grain!.. In the the outer skin of the seed is removed...
    Whole grain is much better nutritious, contains higher fiber..

1|0
    0|0
  • Gluten is bad mmkay. It'll make your dick gly off. Though I'm not sure what it'll do to females

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, you can see them way more brown, and they always writte it in the package.
    It's what i try to eat daily also, better for you.

Don't forget to drink more water... or the poop will be harder :'

1|0
    0|0
  • You asked this yesterday. Read the package!

1|0
    0|0
  • I dunno just eat it! #yolo

1|0
    0|0
  • usually it will look brown instead of white

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes taste and texture is slightly different

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5