Can movies be considered a form of education?

I've always felt like they can be... it's the way that we learn about the world, learn about people's stories, and learn about how we should act as members of society in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• the butterfly effect told me how to treat a special girl

se7ven told me not to trust so easily

fight club opened my eyes

• Butterfly effect with Ashton Kutcher? I've been meaning to watch that one.

By special girl do you mean a girl you really like or a girl whose been through a lot of trauma?

• its a good movie. and i mean a girl that is dear to me, so yeah, one who I really like.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes of course, depending on the movie...

What Guys Said 4

• I feel like commercial movies provide a sort of archetypal cultural education but they should never be confused with actual reality.

• Sure, they are windows for different worlds. Amazing way to learn about things.
    But also books and other art forms.

• Interestingly, as I get older I find books to be more superficial than I realized.

Books are almost literary for the sake of being literary. Real people don't talk or think like that. Sometimes you'll be watching a movie and watching a situation play out and it'll be a lot more realistic compared to if the same incident was replicated in a literary format

• I don't know if you have already read erotica. When you do it, i think you will agree that after a while, it will be way more intense than a porn movie. It''s all about writter's capabilities to kinda silence the speech and "show" and make you "feel" with the actions.

• Depends on what kind of movie it is. In Geography we watched a movie called 'Dante's peak' It was really good and mostly based o true facts. It helped us remember some stuff.

• Pretty much everything can be a form of education. Pedagogy has evolved a lot in the last century.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes like "dolphin tale" that's my movie bruhhh aha 🙃