How to avoid this? Advice?

My boyfriend decided we should go on a 8 mile hike up 15 mountains. I literally almost died I did not know how long the hike was going to be because I have never been. He knows that I am not the most athletic or balanced when it comes to exerting myself. He is all about health and endurance and I want to keep up with him. Starting off it was good I was like "I can do this" then it kept getting harder and higher and every corner that I turned thinking I was almost finished I would have to climb an even higher mountain to the top. I was out of breath, dehydrated, in pain, about to pass out dying. He was acting like it was nothing climbing off the rocks like superman. I wanted to stop halfway and I was crying because I couldn't breath and I had to crawl to the top on my knees. We made it to the top it took us 4 hours. Then he said let's go back down. I was like "WTF? I almost died coming up here and now I have to go back down?"I started crying because I did not want to leave my shade rock. As I was going down I tripped 20 times over a bunch of rocks (spraining my ankle, scraping my knee and hitting my head) he had to carry me down the rest of the half of the mountain because I couldn't walk. After about an hour my ankle was doing a lot better and he put me down so I could finish walking. I slipped and fell down the hill 10 times (almost falling into a canyon) before he had to carry me again. Half way through the trail he put me back down and I was doing good trying to make it up these giant hills. I fell again 7 more times on my hip and hitting my head. Then I fell really hard and scraped my knee on a rock and hurting my ankle again. My boyfriend just took a giant branch off the tree and tied it to some rope to make a sleigh for me so he could drag me the rest of the way because he said that I was going to kill myself trying to make it to the end. He wants to go again in two weeks how do I tell him I do not want to go without hurting his feeling? Should I go?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should tell him exactly what you feel ie that the first time nearly killed you the second time most definitly will. You bit off more then you could chew and if you want to go you need to let him know that you are not an expert like he is you need to ease into this you cannot keep up with some one who has trained and conditioned themselves over time to do this. Its not insulting its fact and its health as this is terrible for your body and health. You have to acclimate to that level of physical exertion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should seriously sound like you need it. Just take water proper foot wear snacks I guess if you felt dizzy. 8miles isn't a lot so he probably doesn't realize you struggle. Just tell him you need a break when you need a break. But make sure you push yourself. Or if you become to annoying and don't even try then he won't ask you to share something he loves but I guess you want that so you win

What Guys Said 7

• Nothing wrong with trying to do more exercise but WOW was this a bad idea for him to do. You have to start at a much more reasonable place than an eight mile hike! Tell him it was far too much for you and you need to start at a much more doable level first. Tell him you don't want to hike again. Don't be aggressive, just assert that that was far too much. (I shudder thinking of hiking that far up that many mountains.)

• Just tell him you don't feel like it. That you have not recovered/ prepared enough for the next one. Just tell him a week in advanced so he can get someone else to go or just cancel it.

• He wants to go again cause he enjoyed carrying you and looking like a man in front of you. He probably likes you too

• Sounds like a good way to get in shape

What Girls Said 0