Why does he get serious with certain questions?

I joke around with him saying things like I need to ask you something or this is a question that can only be answered in person and not through text. It never really is important, but when I do say these things he gets all serious. It is as if he thinks I'm going to ask him out. Another example would be like one day he was all full of laughs until I said where are we going with this? I was referring to a class problem, but it is as if class slipped his mind. Did he think I ment where are we going with this friendship? I am intrested in him, but with him getting all serious in these types of situations does that just mean he hopes I never actually ask where is our communication leading to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should stop trying to figure this out, and keep it up front with him.
    He likes you and is clearly frustrated by the beating around the bush.
    It's almost like someone who thinks they're going to get a proposal... but the person is pretty much kneeling down to tie their shoelace.
    Just let the man know ur interested already!

What Guys Said 1

• It seems reasonable that he becomes serious when you keep leading him to think you are about to ask about the future of the relationship. Given your last question, it sounds like you actually want to talk about that and are using humor to disguise it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should be straight-forward towards him. Ask him that.