GAGers, ever had close to DEATH experience?

Or been in an accident before? Pls share :) (I love hearing stories)

Mine:
1. When I was 7 years old, I was experiencing appendicitis symptoms:severe pain on my lower abdomen, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. My parents thought I was overreacting, hence they didn't bring me to the hospital for a whole day while I was experiencing those symptoms (we didn't have health insurance so yeah). However, the next day, I woke up with unbearble pain that I couldnt even move at all (it felt like the appendix would rupture any moment. Thats when I was brought to the hospital just before it almost ruptured.
2. I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years in the car (he cheated on me) and when I got out, I flicked him off while I was walking away. Thats when he tried to run me over (I jumped over just before he could hit me with his car)
AND...
3. I was walking on the edge of the street (there was no sidewalk) and
one of my cousins playfully pushed me more to the street, and thats when i felt the side of the bus brushed my arm. Scary as shit!!!

I don't know if these were close to death experiences but close enough :P
WBU?

Most Helpful Guy

• : O
    Damn, you are a survival... the thing with the ex, ... I just... no words.

I remember i almost drowned as a kid. I was at the beach, in the water walking, my feet loose the floor, big hole... didn't know how to swim, i think i breath water for some seconds. AWFULL. Then my cousin grabbed me by the nek. Fuu...

I'm sure there are more, since i was an hyperactive child... can't really remember now of more...

• Yeah.. that wasn't the only time he tried threatening me with my life :/

Aww... I can imagine you as a cute hyperactive kid :)
      Thank goodness you're sfae

• Ughh!!! You adorable kid!!!
      If they abandoned you, then I would have adopted you. Lol and do cruel pranks/jokes to you ahahahaha!

No, but really... a Christmas electric shocks? LOL

• Oww, haha. My life is a pack off stupidity...

Most Helpful Girl

• My little brother choked me until the only thing i could do to breathe was smack him ove the head to get him off me (then I got in trouble for hitting my brother. Favouratism much?)

My older brother sat on my shoulders in the deep end of the pool when i was six, because he was sick of me sitting on his shoulders (when it was always his idea for me to sit on his shoulders) he's three years older and a lot bigger than me. Couple that with how i couldnt swim well back then.
    Yeah. Scary.

Everytime im standing on a corner at the same time a bus or truck turns that corner feels like a near death experience for me.

The only accident I've been in was when dad went to turn into a park from the middle lane (like an idiot) i was in the back seat, my stepmother, who was five months pregnant was in the passenger, dad turns to park, didn't check oncoming traffic properly, and we get hit by a guy with a bull bar. Right into the passenger side door. So yeah, i could have ended up not having a sister right now.
    Because the other guy had a bull bar his car had no damage and it was dads fault so we had to pay the damage to our car out of our pocket.

can't think of anything else.

• Oh i forgot when i fell off the motorbike while on a track and the other kids only missed me because apparently im good at being dazed for only a moment before moving the fuck out of the way.

Like when i fell off that horse, the only reason i jumped back up so quickly, even though i was still dazed, was because i could hear grandma panicking.

• Wow, your brothers sound dangerous lol. Thanks for sharing :)

What Guys Said 31

• Don't know how close to death but I was starved as a child. I also got stabbed in the head (I remember losing a lot of blood). I was actually not harmed but their was a car accident where me and three of my brothers where driving to six flags (I was in 8th grade at the time) and some one slammed into a car so hard that the car they hit hit ours and it created a chain. We had a station wagon and I usually sat in the back seat but this time I did not because my other brother kyle had to work, the seat I usualy was in didn't exist anymore, the entire back seat was flush with the middle seats. It would have liquified everything from shoulders down (not to mention the glass slamming into my face) so yeah that terrified me a bit. Got launched from a canoe going down some rapids, I was in the boat and then suddenly I was ten feet (it seemed) under the boat. I was told that I looked like superman when I got launched out but it happened so fast I didn't even notice. It was near death only because one I was wearing a helmet so if I hit my head it could have knocked me out and I could have drown and two I was lucky that I landed in one of the deeper parts otherwise I would have landed hard on jagged rocks. Those are the ones that stand out the most.

• I've almost been ran over twice but reckless and or drunk drivers.

I almost got sandwiched between two cars each come either direction when I was turning and my truck I was driving at the time stalled, I barely was able to get out of the way in time.

And I tried to commit suicide when I was in a dark place many years ago ( I'm fine now though )

I've almost drowned once

I was practicing Iaido a form of Katana combat that revolves around draw strikes and single move kill techniques and Niten Ichi-ryū or the school of the strategy of two heavens as one as it's known in English an ancient school that revolves around the art of killing nothing more. And I was preforming a Chiburi ( blood swip ) which is a symbolic move used after killing an opponet were you swipe the blade to rid the blade of excess blood before sheathing, and then I preformed a sheathing technquie and somehow the blade got under my arm and as I twirled it around and up the blade met my arm and if I hadn't have noticed when I made the next movement it would have slit the blood vessels in my wrists which would have led me to bleed to death luckily I noticed it though and avoided that.

That's all the ones I can think of.

• Yeah a few times, got grazed by a bullet in the Gulf war. Once hung myself with an electrical cord in the barn, was beaten with a pipe by a gang of older kids that were bored on a Friday night. Fell from some scaffolding. Fell out of a high tree. Was stabbed by my ex wife while trying to protect my kids from her. Take your pick.

• yay, happy fun story time!

yup, life's an asshole

• I definitely agree with you abiut dealing with the emotions.
      And thank you very much for sharing :)

(Im glad you are a better person)

• Thank you and I'm glad too, not everyone agrees though sadly. :(

• 1. I had two angry, mentally unstable people point guns at me once. Fortunately, they were on opposite sides of me and would likely have shot each other if they had fired. I was able to grab one rifle, knock the guy down, and throw in on one direction while I ran in the other to get away.

2. I was boating with friends, when my wife and her friend swam to shore. I swam in with them, but had to get back to the boat to return to the dock to get my car. As I started to swim back out, a storm started brewing and I almost drowned in the heavy waves. I went back to shore and picked the car up the next day.

3. I fell asleep sitting on the edge of a chair. As I did, I fell over against a corner, which caused my head to be pushed down, cutting off my airway, and everything started to go white. As that happened, my muscles relaxed enough to cause me to fall over to the side, which reopened my airway.

• It's about two years back when there were curfew in my place and I was coming from my disable children ministry work to my home.. I got one loading truck smaller one and asked them to drop me to near my city.. They asked money and fortunately I had. They took the village route for safeguard from police. Just after half an hour run he switched off the lights as we were crossing city and it was almost 2 in the midnight to escape. Suddenly another bigger truck came from front with high speed and as both trucks were without lights. Everything got crushed with a SMASH within a fraction of a second. For few moments, I was unconscious but as soon as I came to consciousness, I felt great amusement and felt so blessed that, those trucks were crushed but all the people were safe.
    Another truck driver ran away but we were happy that all were alive and safe.
    Then I asked helped from police only to drop me and they very humbly dropped me to vet near to my home.
    I never told this experience to anyone at home because I was scared that they might stop my work with these children with disabilities.

• Riding my motorcycle with friends, my front wheel washed out on a corner in the hills. Lucky me slid under the guardrail. I didn't hit any of the support posts and break my back. I didn't keep sliding over the edge. I stopped right under the guardrail. I got up and hobbled away and lived to ride another day.

• The closest I've been too was when a motorcycle almost ran me over when I was 11 years old. That was really close and I got really scared, but fortunately nothing happened.

• Yes, I was swimming at the beach and nearly got sucked out to sea in a rip.

• I once headbutted a Russian-made Moskvich 412. That bastard is all steel. Woke up with so much blood running down my face I couldn't see where I was going. Gave that russian piece of crap a nice dent on the front bumper and hood. It was all quite dramatic. :D

• It does sound all very dramatic lol. Thanks for sharing ;)

• Well, I live with my roommates :-P

• I was in a car accident myself due to black ice and u was very lucky to come out of that alive never mind without any injuries.

• once at the lake I had my little brother on my shoulders and was walking around and I hit the drop off and I couldn't stand up anymore and nearly drowned, luckily my parents were near by and they saved us

• Been to war 3 times as an infantryman.

• what country and what branch of military (if ur country has branches)

• by the way those two were in the marines just in case u didn't know. Thats how i discovered them, research

• military research i mean

• well im most of the times close to death, if i wasn't scared of killing myself i would be dead years ago.

• Yes, about a year ago I had been official pronounced dead by doctors themselves after I had stop breathing for 12 mins

• Why? What happened?

• I have a crazy last past and use to do a lot of drugs and one night I ended up overdosing

• Oh my goodness. I didn't know this about you. Well I am glad you're safe now

• VERY close to choking to death on a bean (that would've been a shit way to die 😂) pretty close to being hit by a truck, but I don't know if it was 'near death thing', and once woke up paralysed and unable to breathe hi was def NOT fun

• Isn't that sleep paraylsis? ? You wake up in the middle of the night, paralyzed unable to breathe and you're having hallucinations during those awful seconds

• Yeah I think so... Only happened that once tho, and I'm pretty sure why 😁

• Lucky, I have severe aleep paraylsis (get them once a month)

• i got my mom mad once. i never prayed so hard to jesus in my life!

• 5 car accidents, 3 times almost drowning, 2 crazy exes and 1 tour of duty.

• I've been in a car accident. My dad was driving. I was 8.

• I've been stabbed a few times

• Yes I have once when I had a fight :/ it was a really bad fight

• Planty of them yes.

• on a 2006 morning i was going to work at 7 a. m. driving my car at 87mph , i was passing on a bridge and an Israeli plane struck it with a couple of missiles which caused my car to spin in the middle of the highway.

• Yeah, I have. Way too close.

• I have been near the grim reaper in a couple of occasions, yeah.

• I tried to kill myself twice

• yeah had whooping cough when i was about 4 months old

• I got that crazy headache, called the manager I'd leave because I was ill. Someone came to replace me ( I don't remember who, but I 'd have kissed him), I took my car (STUPID!) and don't remember how I drove home. (STUPID!)
    My wife called our doctor. I heard him saying "he could die".
    15 minutes later I was in a clinic.
    I was examined the rest of the day and evening. Got major surgery the next morning. Woke up 2 days later, completely dizzy. Don't ask me details, I have a complete memory lapse for some periods.
    All systems working less than a year later.

• I was going to say that what you wrote would not be NDE experiences... which would have to begin with something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mikj8eDKxMQ

But then I read the title again - and I would assume most people on Earth have one time or another had close to death experience

• Once I ate some bad BBQ and was on the toilet for 3 hours dumping, with a bucket in my hands so that I could simultaneously vomit. I think that I died then because the stench alone was enough to kill anyone, but then add on the fact that my butthole felt like a flamethrower, and my stomach felt like someone punched my balls so hard they receded into my stomach. I was literally crapping liquid sh-t. It was absolutely horrible. Needless to say I no longer eat bbq my dad tells me "is still good" when its probably been sitting in the fridge for months.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 19

• The only one I've had was when I was 12 or so. We have a community pool that's open during the summer so that's where my sister and I would spend most of our time. note: there's never been a life guard.

So we made friends with some other visiting kids and they had those rings that float to the bottom and you go down there to get them. Well one of them ended up in the deep end. Around the 8ft part. And towards the center of the pool.

The kids were about to leave but needed their ring and I was the oldest out of us all so I went to get it. Getting down there and getting the ring was pretty easy... Until I realized I wasn't going to be holding my breath much longer. I swear I had some out of body experience because I watched myself somehow push off from the bottom and come back up. It was pretty scary.

• Oh my, thats scary!!

• Yeah! I actually get this bad feeling now if I'm not near the edge of the pool when I'm in the deep end still. It's not fun :/

• i have.

a car almost rolling off the side of a mountain. i wasn't driving. it was raining and the driver had gone into a micro sleep. 7 of us were in the car. luckily, he woke just before we rolled off the edge, swerved hard to bring the car in. the car slid, my side of the car hit into the rocks and i was concussed. that's about it really, but needless to say it was terrifying and of course it all happens very quickly.

• yeah, sure have.
    I was in a pedestrian/vehicle accident a few years back. Which landed me in the hospital for half a year, and a ton of therapy/physio for months afterwards.
    (I was obviously the pedestrian.)

• A friend living next door to us was murdered by her husband... he knew I came home from work at 10:00 p. m. every night, and so after beating her to death, he put her body in the trunk of her car and then waited until I had parked my car next to hers and gone inside for the night before he drove her car out to the desert and set it on fire. I was inches away from her body and never knew. He watched me from the window as he was washing the blood from his hands. That part creeps me out.

• Thats horrible! ! I am terribly sorry for your friend :(
      Thanks for sharing

• I once fell asleep in a pile of snow in at 2 AM in 10 below weather in only a soaking wet autumn jacket, a t-shirt and jeans. If a police officer wouldn't gave found me and taken me home that night I very likely would not have been writing this.

I once got lost on a country road by a cornfield (no car, dead cellphone) and came on an old house and these two redneck guys tried to force me inside. One chased me when I ran and I was screaming at them and just lucky a car drove by and helped me. I can't say I almost died but I had a really bad feeling.

Two closest examples I have where I actually thought I was going to die.

• Ya I almost drowned. I was about 14 and sharing a small inner tube with another girl going down some white water Rapids. I wasn't scared because I knew how to swim well and when a big wave knocked us off, she held on to the tube and I got thrown in the water so I couldn't grab the tube and down I went. I got sucked under so fast that I came up once for air, got sucked back under and finally I was able to get myself out of the Rapids I was way down the river from where we were. That's how fast that water was going. I swam to the beach area and then laid there catching my breath and getting over the shock which seemed like hours.

• I don't think I've been that close to death, but I have been in car accidents before. Thankfully, they were nothing too serious and my mom, brother, and I were just sore the following day from the worst one (the vehicle was rear-ended).

• Ran over by cars twice
    Car accident once

• Oh my :O

• @Yumix hahah yeees wouldn't say no 😏

• hahaha okay good to know 😏

• Almost got in a head on collision thanks to a stupid driver. Luckily I was paying attention and swerved out of the way in time. Also lucky I have a small car so the driver didn't hit the side of the car behind the drivers seat.

• When I was in the sixth grade, I was playing with my friends. We decided to go cycling. I didn't know why but suddenly I fell, just a second after a blusterous truck passed right beside of me. OMG It was so scary. >.<

• I almost drowned twice.

• I have never had any close to death experience thank God.

• almost hit by a car! no more J-walking for me -.-

• Just as well you were not in Mostar Bosnia. A guy from there said car drivers have no respect at all for people crossing the road there.

• @Applefan1 True that dude!

• I get the feeling Croatia is the best out of all those countries around that area.

• almost drown in a pool

a few times when tachycardia went out of control

• I have drowned a few times

• No so far I have ever had any that I know od

• Yes, I have a lot of times.

• Oh my god... I'm speechless. I almost got ran over by a car. :p

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more