What's the most unusual baby name you have ever heard?

My cousin's friend named their daughter Ireland.

0|0
31|17

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Heard a woman at walmart call her son hotdog once.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Actor Jason Lee has a kid named Pilot Inspektor, that's pretty fucking weird. For people I've known personally, I knew some kid named Justin Case. Dick moves only by mom and dad😂

3|0
    0|0
  • First name crystal
    Last name meth
    That's a horrible thing to do to your kid.

6|2
    0|0
  • Moon Unit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Svemir (meaning "Universe" in Croatian), Srna (meaning Doe or Hind in Croatian), Stribor (name of ancient Slavic god of forests and wind).

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow... those are a lot of weird names... thank goodness no one's dumb enough to name their child 'blanket' or 'North West' eh? uh oh... :v

2|0
    0|0
  • What's wrong with Ireland? What, are we not good enough for you?

www.benettonplay.com/.../153214.gif

1|0
    0|0
    • As the name for a human being, it's awful. If you want to call a baby Ireland, call them Erin or something!

• Show All
    • No idea.

• I hope so. It would make some sense.

• A brother-in-law's sister named her son Scafe. Unsure of the spelling. Pronounced like "safe" with a "c" added.

1|0
    0|0
  • A neighbor down the street from me called his oldest child "my biggest mistake #1", and the younger "my biggest mistake #2"

1|0
    0|0
  • But if the baby grew up, does he/she still have a baby name?
    http://i.memeful.com/media/post/YMKgjJM_700w_0.jpg

3|0
    0|0
  • Chris P. Bacon

1|1
    0|0
  • My moms cousins named their kid Harper Rose
    The thing is that part of the family has a very strong boston accent so they can't pronounce the Rs.
    So my poor great aunt cathy took five minutes to tell us what her granddaughters name was. She still literally cannot properly pronounce the name of her granddaughter

0|0
    0|0
  • Celebrity ones, Apple, Ocean, Audio Science and Moon Unit.

1|0
    0|0
  • not to sound raciest, but a lot of black people have weird names

0|0
    0|0
  • lyonce viiktórya
    daugther of a portuguese celebrity... it's very weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Amadeus, Justice,

0|0
    0|0
    • Amadeus is a real name, at least. Albeit a very old German one.

• Amadeus is simply a Latin name it used to be fairly common back in ancient times not so much anymore.

• but we dont hear about them now..

• I hate to confirm stereotypes, but let's just say they were black

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 30

• I have a friend who named her baby Hadassah. The baby was born pretty soon after they converted to Judaism and I think it was supposed to be a "look how Jewish we are now!" sort of thing since their other daughter is named Chloe.

I love her to death but I wish she'd picked a more normal name that didn't send like a terrorist group for the poor little girl D:

1|0
    0|0
  • i knew a girl in college named blessing and if i remember correctly her last name was Sunday. poor girl. north west is up there but i figured i would give something other than a celebrity name - because then i'd have to add apple and bronx and saint and the list would go on forever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ripley. Kind of sounds like a dog name and maybe you could call her Lee as a nickname but like what else can you do? Rip? The Ripper?

Another couple named their daughter Brenda which I thought kind of sounded like an older woman's name, like she's 5, I just think it's the wrong generational name.

My brother knows a girl from his high school who was named after the car her parents conceived her in. Shelby I think. And a guy at my high school claimed his real legal name was J Money. I've met some guys who've introduced themselves as Dragon, White Venom, and Phresh. Not their real names though.

I actually think Ireland is kind of a cool name.

1|0
    0|0
  • My nephews name "Quinn" it's just unsual because I've never heard it before. But still.. I don't really like the name so I called him sumo instead lol
    So whenever I see him I call him Sumo 😌 A bundle of baby fat (his only well 6 months old)

1|0
    0|0
  • Many of the celebrity baby names come to mind. I used to teach two girls called Bo and Pia, which definitely aren't common around here.

1|0
    0|0
  • My cousin is named "Luke Avian", his nickname is Lucian, and I always found that pretty unusual but then again my family is just generally really great at choosing names with a high bully-victim potential so I can't say it surprised me...

1|0
    0|0
  • Tuesday.

One of my friends from theatre named his daughter this. She's a cute kid and the name makes her sound really unique. It suits her really.

Doesn't stop it from being a strange thing to name your kid though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lica, I don't know from which name comes from, but this nickname is weird/unusual as hell. x. x
    Or Kitti, just why would anyone name their kid like that?

1|0
    0|0
  • I knew someone called 'Psychology'.

3|0
    0|0
  • I like the name Ireland. There are some really weird ones. I once knew this girl named D'zire. Poor thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nevaeh is becoming pretty popular ("Heaven" backwards).

Some others: Oleg. Barkari. Subir. Meshawn. Bryar.

1|0
    0|0
    • You know what one bugs me to no end? Rehtaeh. Like, Heather backwards. Ugh. Why. Just call your kid Heather!

• Heyyy I like Oleg!! XD

• (Blue) -Ivy.. for now

1|0
    0|0
  • I know a girl at my university named Perpetual and another girl named Genesis lol

1|0
    0|0
  • My grandma wanted to name my mom after her favorite beer brand but my grandpa stopped that.

1|0
    0|0
    • I forget what the brand is but the second word is blue and it is a very redneck brand

• Kim Kardashian's baby. North West... Or South West. Ugh, I already forget about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I actually know of no Bobs

1|0
    0|0
  • Klonda

1|0
    0|0
  • Jethro, my nephew

1|0
    0|0
  • North. Is by far the weirdest I've heard...

Here are some odd ones I've heard as well... 😐
    Seven
    Apple
    Destiny
    Diamond
    America
    India
    Cyndia (instead of th)
    Transit
    Sunday
    May
    Miroslava

1|0
    0|0
  • North West is the weirdest baby name I have ever heard

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone I know has a son named Cullen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Abcde

Pronounced ab-ce-dee

:/ multiple people...

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard Oakly for a girl

1|0
    0|0
  • Jett

1|0
    0|0
  • My own name,

Bronlyn

1|0
    0|0

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。) づ Kaleel was a weird
    name for me

1|0
    0|0
  • SCHOLARSTIC... i still wonder what they high on

1|0
    0|0
  • Erza... it was kinda legit though...

1|0
    0|0
  • My sis named her baby Aaryan :)

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad wanted to name me Daytona but my mom told him hell no. :D

0|0
    0|0
    • My dad wanted to name me after his car. Similar answer from my mother.

• Show All
    • Oh I don't remember the model but he called it Cassandra.

• I'm surprised that didn't happen with me lol. My dad absolutely loves cars and had a Daytona. Although when I was born he had a Monte Carlo.
      That would've been weird if the had named me that lol.