Would someone not liking your pet be a deal breaker for you?

this guy that i have been soeaking to doesn't like my pet dog and it annoys me when he insults her for no reason when she is pretty much apart of me. i feel silly for feeling this way. who else agrees with the title?

• yes
  • no
  • indifferent
  • results/other

Most Helpful Guy

• I was more interested in what my pet thought of the female.
    I used to make a point of introducing prospective girlfriends to my cat as soon as possible.
    As a judge of character, he was never wrong.

• I soo agree. If my dog doesn't like someone I'll most likely think twice before i hang out with them lol. Animals see the real you

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe. It depends on how they acted about it. If they don't love my pet but they are still respectful and willing to coexist with it, then there's no problem at all. But if they are rude about it, refuse to be in the same room with it (not just because of allergies), etc, then that would be a dealbreaker for sure.

What Guys Said 10

• It wouldn't be a deal break but it would suck a lot and might affect my decision regarding whether I'd want to be with em or not since I love my pets and spend a lot of time with em and I'd want to spend a lot of time with my partner to so the two would be together fairly often.

• I couldn't date a girl who doesn't like my dog because she's basically my best friend lol

• i mean... unless the pet is trying to kill/injure them, they shouldn't care...

• My pet is my family and was there first. If they don't like my pet, I don't need them in my life.

• My dog is a jealous bitch, but she is so tolerant, warm, and accepting of anyone I'm friends with so I don't see how anyone could not like her unless they hate goodness. That said, If you have a little ankle bitter, yapping. rat dog because you thought it was stylish and cute I full support the guys point of view.

• Alright well, if given the ultimatum:

Lifetime friend of a dog that will never betray you and always stay by your side and die for you

Or a shitty boyfriend

your pick :)

• Well I would definitely not give up my dog for some asshole who hates my dog.

• Depends on what scale. If they just don't like it near them then it wouldn't. If they wanted it and its entire species dead, then yes. My pets r family. Don't get me wrong i like furry creatures but I've always had a passion for reptiles, and I want to teach others to love all animals no matter what qualities they have or what they are.

• yes I would hit them

• It's no problem, my pet is not a deal-breaker, it's just a goldfish

What Girls Said 14

• If your dog has never done anything to intimidate or hurt your partner then he has some jealousy and insecurities, that quite frankly is no excuse to insult your dog. Have it out with him. If he still has a crap attitude, let him know that it won't be tolerated and he either changes his attitude or he gtfo!

• My boyfriend was terrified of all my dogs when I lived with my parents. They were 10 loud and sturdy dogs so I see why, but yeah, he was absolutely terrified of them. It wasn't too big a deal.

• No not at all. If someone didn't like animals id b bummed and id take time considering him as mine, but still not a deal breaker.

• Depends.

If my animal is an asshole to him, then no.
    If he abuses my animal in anyway then YES.
    If he is just indifferent to animals then no.

• If someone didn't like my cat I'd be like bye don't come back XD

• Major red flag! If I meet a guy who doesn't like dogs, I stay clear.

• I love my cat to bits. I've had him since I was 5. If anyone is mean to him, I won't tolerate it. People break up, but that cat always stays by us.

• Absolutely a deal breaker. He doesn't instantly have to like my dog, but he better try. My dog was here first.

• yeah it could cause complications later, so not exactly a "deal breaker" but if its bothering him to the point where he could potentially ask me to get rid of it in the future, then i wouldn't be with that person.

• THE ULTIMATE DEALBREAKER.
    If he doesn't like my baby then he can fuck off. My son is more important to me than some random dude who can't even appreciate adorableness.

• No that would not be a deal breaker

• Hell yes.

What do you mean you don't like my dogs? Like bye Felicia?

• Yes.

• I would feel like that's my kid >.> (no I don't hav kids)