Do you believe in Karma?

Do you believe in Karma?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah, whatever bad thing you do to someone, there's something coming for you too. it's just the way of life, bad people attract bad situations.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those who don't believe in Karma, don't believe in themselves. Or... are just too narcissistic that they don't fear the circumstances.

Concept of Karma is simple. Karma means action or deed. Nothing else. You're thirsty, you drank water, the thirst quenched. Thirst is the circumstance, drinking water is your Karma, quenching of the thirst is the result/outcome. Pretty simple procedure. And logical too, isn't it?

The reason why we misconstrue its meaning is because of western perception and interpretation about it. They (average western person) have no idea about its origins and meaning. They think Karma is a supernatural power which WILL punish you for your bad deeds. They made phrases like "Karma is a bitch". Some people don't believe it because they think that it's not necessary that they'll be punished for their bad deeds. But the fact they're ignoring is... Karma is just the collective outcome of ALL of your deeds. You killed a chicken (rooster) in order to eat it and survive. Now, it's not like that you'll be killed by a vast army of chickens.
    Had you not killed him to satisfy your hunger, THAT would have been the bad Karma and THAT would punish you for not meeting your vital demands. Karma isn't the direct result, it's a "collective" result.
    That's why there's difference between killing people on the border and killing people on the streets. One will give you a good reward while latter will give you a death penalty. Both are Karma. They're bound to happen. IF you're not smart enough like Osama bin Laden who DID Karma. He planned, struggled and didn't accept the harsh reality easily and that's how he survived for 10 more years. That was also a Karma. The struggle to avoid the circumstances.

"You have the right to perform your actions, but you are not entitled to the fruits of the actions. Do not let the fruit be the purpose of your actions, and therefore you won’t be attached to not doing your duty"
    "One who enacts obligatory prescribed actions without expectation of the result of actions he is truly a renunciate and a follower of the science of uniting the individual consciousness with the Ultimate consciousness; not one without prescribed duties, nor one who merely renounces bodily activities"

Even science says so. Newton's third law. (Not necessarily opposite tho)

@Klara-Hitler knows way more than me and could explain it in far better words.

What Girls Said 15

• To an extent I do.
    Believing in it gives me a ease of mind, however I am practical enough to know that karma doesn't come to everyone that deserves it.

• Yeah kinda, especially since I met a girl who used to bully me in middle school recently and found out she became really ugly lmao, she's only one year older than me but she literally looks like 30. I have no idea what happened, it's literally the ugly duckling to the swan-development backwards.. I'm not the resentful type but, gosh, am I glad I don't look like her!

• No sadly all those people who hurt me still are some happy son of bap!

• I am Wicca, so I believe you get what you give 3x.

(A commandment of ours is to never use black magic on a person, it will come back to us 3 times as worse)
    and i believe it is the same for doing good stuff.

• No.. I believe your choices will determine your fait

• Karma is just a name given to circumstances that people think happened because that person was bad and deserved it. In reality, life is not cruel or nice to anyone. When you have so many people living in this world, people are bound to experience bad and good things.

• I almost did today because I almost stepped on the piece of gum that I had just spit out.

• Yes, I'm a firm believer in karma. And I just adoreeee instant Karma😃😊

• Nah.

• Nope.

• Well I guess. I believe you reap what you sew.

• Yes, yes I do believe in it.

• Whatever you put in the universe will come back to you.

• I do. Do you?

• Oh, yes.

What Guys Said 24

• As far as I know Karma is a tenet of eastern religion that believes what goes around come around. I saw this question earlier on and had a think about it before answering it. The answer I have is yes and no, I will give examples as reasons.
    (1) You know a good/nice person and you want to comfort them by saying "Good things happen to good people". You want to believe that is real but...
    (2) Hypothetically you are talking to the parents of a young child with cancer and they blurt out "Why?". You are going to respond along the lines of " I don't know, I am at a loss to think of any reason for this".

• I don't know... I used to believe in it with no doubt, but as I live more and gain more experience, I see people that receive nothing from karma.
    Good people that keep having problems after problems, and bad people that get everything they want.

So I don't know if I believe or not. I want to, but life is telling me it's not true.

• Yes & no.
    Yes because if I do something good or bad then chances of getting something good or bad respectively are little higher & no because it's not necessary that I will get good for doing something good and bad for doing something bad.
    I may get something awesome by doing something bad and because of that bad thing I did I may never suffer anything OR I may suffer for life-time because I did something good.

Personally I believe that do whatever the fuck you want for good of your own self and people you love. If possible avoid harming others. I believe in randomness.

• Neha, I only believe in creating my own 'karma', the way I want! :P

• More like you reap what you sow?

• @YourFutureEx

Come on, I even gave sn example about why I don't believe in it. Belief in karma also requires belief in rebirth/reincarnation.

• It's myth, dude. People say such things to invoke fear of committing a crime, unlawful or profane acts in the society because human doesn't learn the easy way.

What you do in this life have nothing to do with the next. (If you believe in reincarnation).
      You'll pay for what you did in the same life, IF you didn't do another better Karma to avoid it.

It's hard to understand at this level.

• Karma is real friend and if our eyes were open to see it, some of them are scary. The bottom line, be good while living your life and stop creating negative Karma, because it all ends up with you.

• Without question.

• I don't believe in karma, however i am not going to sit here and de-value the fact that shitty people will run into something worse than they.

• Well that isn't very good karma… considering the bird just died! The bird eats the ants alive! Shitty system you've got there, Hindus!

I don't really believe in it but I can't disprove it.

• i dont care about karma i just want to stay away from bad people who lie and hurt anyones feelings, i just want peace instead of karma.

• It a nice idea to think the world is fair and everything ballances out, but that's not reality. You have winners and losers, plenty of people get a raw deal even when they have a good moral compass and try hard.

• no, something determined as "bad" is an opinion, so doing something bad, could be right in someone elses eyes, therefore i dont believe in karma

• Yes I do

• It makes no sense at all. I think it is very unlikely that there is some magical force that will give you what you deserve.

• yeah

• no, I have seen to many bad people get away with everything for it to be true

• Not in a mystical sense, no.

• No Karma is a myth used to keep people from taking revenge on those that did them wrong.

• Not really.

• Honestly No.
    Even if the bird dont eat ants. The ants will eat the bird if its dead anyway...

• yeah and i love it when she is a btch :D

• No shit happens to all of us some more then others

• Yes i do belive in karma

• When a bird is alive it rubs ants all over it's body

Fear the karma vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...nalLoading.jpg

No I don't believe in karma. Everything happens because of the way particles react with one another etc. And they don't have memory, and don't even know you exist, even if they are part of you