Why was I asked to do this things instead of my coworkers?

I work at retail as a cashier but my manager asks me to do other things like working in the stock room and putting tags on items. At first I thought all my coworkers were asked this too but I've realized that I'm the only cashier there who gets asked to do these things and I don't why since Im kinda new there and my coworkers have been there for a long time now. One of my coworkers even asked me how I got that position and I didn't even know how to respond 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Because your manager trusts you to. do it. You've proven yourself capable so you will keep being given jobs. This also leads to promotions and raises.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably because you're the new person. They're probably taking advantage of that by making you do more.

• Yeah I thought about that too but I've seen that my other coworkers want to do the stuff that I do but the manager doesn't give them the chance to.

• That's odd then. Maybe the manager likes you

What Guys Said 3

• I would not worry to much about it might be because your new

• I think most managers that are in retail do not know what they are doing.

• maybe they think you are ready for more responsibility.

What Girls Said 0