I wish I was white. How to accept myself?

I've always wanted to be white. I'm half black and half white though. In my country like 98% of people are white and I constantly get reminded of being black. Even strangers come to me and ask where I'm from.
I wish I was white so I wouldn't have had to deal with all the bullying. I wish I was blond because every guy here loves blonds. I've never even been on a date.
But that is not gonna happen. I realize this. I should just learn to accept myself. Please somebody help me before I go crazy and bleach my skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• even if you bleach your skin, you will still look mixed. i suggest you get in touch with your culture. whatever kind of black it is, i assure you it's going to make you feel more pride in yourself. being black isn't a bad thing.

• I know it isn't bad. In fact, I find black people really beautiful. But I personally, wished I was white. I've just got this weird problematic beauty ideal

• I don't really know. I feel like I'm no good for anyone. Being a good and funny person never seems to be good enough. And I never truly fit in. But I don't know what is stopping me. Truly tricky question

• i don't think your unhappiness lies in your skin color, i think you're just overall feeling not good enough and associate it with your race because that's where you're different from all of your peers. confidence comes from within and when you have confidence, you can fit in anywhere you want.

What Guys Said 13

• Just accept yourself for who you are. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks and I'm sure they don't care what race you are. Just cuz they assume you're from somewhere else isn't a bad thing, big deal. I live in a place that's less than one half of one percent black. I don't dislike them and I don't assume they're from somewhere else. I don't think anything. I think you'll grow out of it. I read a thing that said this: when you're 20, you worry about what others think. When you're 40, you don't care what others think. When you're 60, you realize they were never thinking about you anyway. It's so true. Nobody cares.

• A mixture of chocolate and vanilla is perfection. Worldwide, not every guy likes blondes, either. You sound so lovely. @Prettygurl12 is correct in saying black/white is a desirable skin tone, and so many white girls DO go for tans. Hence the prevalence of tanning salons and the associated risk of skin cancer.

• every day look in the mirror and say i am a king working towards his throne / or i am a queen working toward her throne , i have grown up in los angeles ca and many of my friends are dark black people from compton who are just as able to be a rich billionare (dr dre NWA) as a white person , Asian, italian, jamacian, russian, indian, etc your knowledge and humbleness will get you through , don t worry about the haters and there HATERAID (GATORADE) THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE TO GO ON so you let them play them selfs out then you can clean up the mess with love and muti culture flavor (it wins every time) much love too you and good luck you will do well.

• mix of black and white is perfect. I have a Philippino friend, she's very white in colour. she always tell me that she want to marry an Indian or African man and make cute babies 😆 not all men are into blondes. you know, the British men who marry Indian women at the resorts of kovalam and varkala are perfect model materials. even we look at their sophistication with our mouth opened. they could marry classy British girls. but they chose to marry Indian village girls. indian city girls try to become like the americans and British. maybe that's why most of girls whom the British marry are from the villages. there are handsome men out there craving for girls like you. be happy 😄

• "Be yourself, no matter what they say."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

• I'm sure there are giys that are into you. You are just sad because the ones you like (until now) don't correspond to you... it's understandable, but just keep looking.

• I would go out with just about anyone my age. No matter if I like them or not. I think it's cool to give anyone a chance

• Wow race doesn't equal hot calm down.

• Go to the city when you can.

• You don't think I might already live in a quite big city?

• Well pick up the flight for Africa, you will found thousands there.

• Nothing helpful here. I'll keep scrolling

• Michelle Jackson.. Born black.. Died White..
    Still no respect at the time if death..

• everyone wishes they were white ;)

• Well, it's true blonds are cool.
    But mixed, black white females are cute though. I am light skin guy and I liked a dark skin African Arab girl so much cuz she was cute and smart. So a lot of white guys would like you and date you.

• What a country that is 98% white? What country is it, I have to go there. That would be so awesome not seeing minorities at all, I was under the impression that most white countries have tons of minorities, but you actually live in one that is 98% white? WHERE IS THIS PLACE?

• Japanese have nearly no minorities and if... they are Asian too like chinese

• It does sound nice actually. Of course you are a minority so I can see how your opinion of the country is clouded, one of the reasons why I dont like minorities, but for me it sounds like a wonderful place.

• So just because I'm minority, as in half black, my opinion is clouded? It seems your opinion is very much clouded. My opinion is actually in the majority. I would get your point if I was an immigrant who hasn't lived hete long enough to learn the language or history, but I've neen norn here. I know much more than you think you do.

What Girls Said 12

• When I was like 8 or 9, all I wanted was to be blonde and amazing as britney spears (she was super hot back then), I've always wanted to be famous and I thought that being like britney would give me success.

Why what do I think now? That beyonce is one of the most beautiful girls I've seen on media. That variety makes this world better, that different people go far in life because they don't have it easy. That being yourself is what everyone should do, you know... everyone else is taken says Oscar Wilde.

What's so special about being a different person? About changing yourself to make other like you?

I'm latina and I can't even count how many people have told me that they love my skin tone. I won't lie to you either, some kids at my school used to call me names for being darker than them. What did this to me? It made me wanna change, but I was a silly kid, I didn't know ho amazing it was to be me. Now I'm happy I live in this body, it's all mine and I belong here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZLPSw8U8

listen to that song, hope it makes you feel better.

• I think so differently. I think my body is just a shell where I'm just stuck in.
      But thanks gor the song. It was beautiful

• Aww no, I really can't make you love yourself, that's your job, but I can only say we all should be proud of who we are.

You're welcome <3

• Being Black is not a badge of shame or ugliness little lady... It is an honor to be rich in Melanin! Your ancestors weren't ashamed of who they were, so why the fuck are you? If someone can not accept you as you are, maybe you should see THEM as the problem not yourself. You have some self hate issues going on, but I can not blame you... I blame your parent's for not teaching you to love yourself. Also I blame you for even wanting to change what GOD put his paint brush on☺ You're biracial, don't think any less of one side over the other. If find it extremely ironic that you fancy looking like those who hurt you mentally and emotionally. Bullying will never escape you so long as you're living and breathing, because bullying comes in all forms even to adult's... meaning you'll always be different and face cristicsm for everything u do. If you were stupid and more insecure you would be a bully as well😑Girl if you don't rock that MELANIN and keep your head high like the walking GODDESS that you are... you will only be a prisoner of your own mind. Beauty is not exclussive to only fair skin, fair skin is just promoted more because of insecurities... think about it... when a girl is in comoettiton with anither girl what does she do? Tear down her opponent's to look better right... same thing with this forcing only Eurocentric beauty on daily lives. IDGAF WHO GET'S MAD ! CAUSE I'M SPEAKING THE TRUTH! Majority of all people who do this regret this decesion after time. You should be proud to look different than the majority. Why blend in... when you were made to stand out! Your skin is your history NOT your disgrace. #Namaste

• by the way blond hair and light eye's aren't only exclusive to one race... look up the Oceanian's and some tribe's in Africa. Also men like confidence, that's probably why you don't get date's... Just saying. Accept who u are and they'll flock doll face👌

• If it makes you feel better... Surveys have shown that black/white mixed people have the most desirable skin tone. Whites all want to tan. Blacks apparently all want to bleach. And the mixed people are lucky enough to have the ideal balance.

• Instead of obsessing about things you can't change, at least not without harming yourself or paying a fortune, like your skin colour, you can focus on the things you can control about your appearance. A big one is health, fitness, a normal weight. Then, make up, style and hair. Once you feel content with who you are, your confidence and inner peace will certainly attract attention.

• That's really sad. I'm sorry you feel this way.
    I think you should focus on what you like about yourself. And change what you can change and you don't like.
    You will go through a long process and it won't be easy, but it's definitely worth it.
    I know how it's like to feel that you don't fit in a group...
    Eventually, you'll find a guy who likes you and accepts you the way you are. Everyone likes different things and you don't need to change yourself just because a group of guys like blonde girls. There are not the only men in the world.
    And please, don't bleach your skin. You might get a skin disease, you will look weird and it's not worth.

• You should embrace how unique u are and once you show confidence in yourself you won't notice the others as much. Just say this every morning "I am the most badass guy out there no one is like me I am unique and I'm proud of it" u will start to feel better about yourself for sure

• We can't make you accept yourself. That has to come from within.

• Obviously. I was asking ways to help with that. Not magic trick to instantly make me happy with that

• Well the first step would be to figure out WHY you feel so negative and why you equate those negative feelings with your black side.

• Technically you are white since you're half. About the bullying I'm really cynical about it because it's just a matter of standing up for yourself and not taking anyone's shit. If you can't get a date who really cares? They're not worth it anyway plus dating isn't what it's cracked up to be. But if you crave a relationship, visit different areas, move away, try online dating.

• Once it is accepted by your own self you will so happy, you are the only one that can bring self acceptance into your life

• You should date a latino.. they're mutts too.

• I'm white and I always admired half-and-half skin color :D

• That is like... my favourite race.