What do you think about this campaign held at my friend's university campus?

by the way I think it was stupid.. and quite disgusting..
my reaction was this
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• As a Pakistani American I believe that it is great that they are trying to spread awareness on the situation, but I also think that it could have been conveyed in a much better light.

As we know with the stigma that is associated with menstrual cycles in Pakistan you would think that they would advertise their campaign in a less disturbing and more informative way. Showing pictures of bloody pads isn't really going to make a difference. It may, in fact, even turn people away because of its repulsiveness and that is how they advertised incorrectly. It is supposed to appeal to the audience, not repel them.

What Guys Said 30

• I'm confused what their point is. Rather, I wouldn't be able to tell the point of it unless I just read the comment below explaining the point. That is usually the sign of a bad campaign. Tbh, I saw "Periods are not inherently sexual" and thought they were campaigning against period fetishism randomly.

I understand they were going for the shock factor approach. However, an approach like that gains awareness but does not necessarily approach the cause. I feel like it may just deter people to their message by kind of disgusting people out. It adds a bad mental image to their message, which is the exact opposite of what they were going for.

That being said, an old fashion picket sign campaign probably wouldn't have worked either (they actually did one on my campus the other day for free Palestine. Blocked traffic. Really quite annoying.)
    I feel like the personal approach may have been better. Pamphlets, talking to people, stuff like that. It may not have been as shocking, but it would get the message across more.

• apparently they want to tell people that girls shouldn't be shamed if they have mensis out of nowhere and get some stains.. cuz this happens in Pakistan.. not a bad message but the way to convey it is really nasty.. and disgusting too.. (and that was paint not blood ) lol

• This university was in Pakistan?
      WOOOOOOOO YOU GO GIRLS!

• Disgusting? Not in my opinion.

• Stupid, virtue signaling, wasteful, and self centered in a tragic way in which people try to prove how powerful and strong they are through the victimization they imagine they receive, totally ignoring the fact that they have an almost Orwellian power to silence anyone who would dare look at them and say "This is tasteless and gross."

But because, unlike them, I think freedom of expression is important, I would not protest, and I would not damage their "display," and if someone did commit the 'hate crime' of damaging their display, no matter how socially or politically aligned I was with that person, I would still turn them in for violating their property and their right of expression. And I would do that knowing full well that they would not do the same if things were reversed.

• ksoma
      What a rage against those girls :'o

They didn'hurt anyone, didn't commit any crime.

• @jacquesvol where did I express rage? Where did I say or imply I would do anything to prevent them from doing anything, impede them, threaten them, harass them, or give them cause to fear me or my reaction?
      Where did I suggest they had committed a crime?
      Where did I imply that I opposed their right to express themselves?

Why do you presume to know how I feel about them, or what kind of emotional reaction they get from me? And even if what I felt was rage, why does it matter if I would not only not do anything against them, but I support their right to express themselves, regardless?

• Only because it's Pakistan, I'd let it slide. They may have a point in Pakistan.

What really annoys me is how certain people in the west will talk about it like these issues are everywhere. This fuels more bullshit from westerners. It never ends. Just more cult-of-vagina social justice shenanigans.

If it were anywhere in the west I'd say: Because of a bit of insecurity and/or idiocy on their part, they've assumed that everyone is absolutely repulsed by the very notion of periods and that people shame women for it because mysoggyknees or whatever. So they do this shit and feel super good about themselves for 'fighting the status quo'. Then turn around and DARVO when people criticize, claiming it demonstrates more mysoggyknee. When actually, no body is making a big deal about periods or women, they're making a big deal about a bunch of gross used pads representing idiot ideas covering a fucking public wall. And I would love the irony in "I'm not flawed or poorly made," but again, it's Pakistan, soooo I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I would have to know what caused this. If there was some event or events that happened that they were trying to make know, it might have fit for whatever it was. And I suspect that the "stained" pads were just stained with paint or something like it.

As I aid, depending on the cause, maybe it made sense to the protestors. But most people will react as many are here, and it does not help their cause.

• yeah.. I really took my chance to make fun of my friend.. even tho she wasn't part of it..

• And the point of this campaign is? This is kind of stupid, like seriously, grow a brain.
    I hope the one with some "red" on it, is just paint or something... same thing for what they're wearing, I hope that's not real blood, cause that would be unhygienic, and that would mean a slap in the face for being fucking stupid.

• It's nearly funny: many guys dig anal sex but get frightened by a couple of stains on a pad. Where the logic?
    Pussies. :D

• LOL. I don't like the girls putting paint intentionally on their shirts.. that's nasty in my opinion.. but it is for a right cause actually.. girls are shamed if anyone sees a stain.. tho they shouldn't be cuz it's not in our control..

• http://i.imgur.com/OyUdHYL.jpg

Are they for real?

• Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting!

Some people have this attitude that if you do something stupid enough, people will not trust their own judgment and call you stupid, so they'll say you must be a genius. I am not one of those people.

• Good. 😂😂😂👍

• Disgusting? It isn't even real blood and if it was, it's still not disgusting.

• @jacquesvol Like most things in life that we like or dislike, it is a matter of subjective tastes/likes/preferences. I do understand that not everyone would be disgusted by this display, but many would be bothered. To each, his own.

• Honestly I think their talking about menstruation being normal which I didn't realize was that big of an issue. Really I think it is a poorly communicated message for a mildly important issue.

Tell them next week to tape diapers to the wall to bring attention to the plight of the incontinent.

• Well it got attention so i guess it worked. I hope they are not actually used though.

didn't know this was a point of shame in Pakistan. Smh

• well maybe they get what they wanted lol

• You're a man so you don't live under the stigma.

• @mistixs Yeah, but my partner doesn't live under it either, and neither does any other girl i've known or met. Neither have i seen another man promote it.

• The next step is to get 100 people to wipe their ass with toilet paper and stick it on the adjacent wall... Some messages could be

I fart when I poop...
    Sometimes I'm constipated...
    When I eat Frankenberry my poop is pink...

• Aren't tampons 10X cleanlier?
    Wait why is there blood on their dresses 0_o are they freeing themselves... i mean thats completely great for women's rights but *hurls*

• Disgusting indeed, I think your reaction was justified...

• HAHAHAHA!!! i wanna see all the chicks walking around with 5 day old period blood stains on their pants cause they can't get that shit out!

• Are the 2 girls in the second pic supposed to have menstrual stains on their backsides?

• I think that's paint.. xD but yeah they're trying to show stains..

• It looks pretty stupid and unsanitary I mean what was the point? what did they aim to achieve?

• Ok well the message isn't bad but they seriously need to rethink their presentation...

• we're talking about Pakistan here... There's a cultural attitude towards menstruation in parts of the world that is pretty harmful to women. I don't see why this is an issue for people here.

• Wtf is this shit? Well at least now it makes sense why those girls have red stains on their dresses
    Maybe guys should hang tissue papers up there and paint the front of their pants white.
    Pretty fucked up.

• Reminds me of those silly Truth cigarette ads lol https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Y_56BQmY_e8/hqdefault.jpg

• I hope those weren't used...

• it's sad that this is even needed

• 😂😂😂😂👍

• weird

• 2/10s awlays messed up lmao

• I like your new picture 😊

• I think it's stupid and fucking retarded.

• Is it in India?

• LMAO !! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Period makes you hornier?

• just read: Periods make us hornier. Is that true girls?

What Girls Said 16

• Honestly, I think its stupid... Like who cares what others think about it? Its something natural and everyone gets that, no need to see those pads on the freaking wall XD
    what's the point of it anyways?
    oh and by the way, please tell me they aren't real pads? 😱

• Good for them! Periods are natural parts of life. It's time they became normal parts of life as well.

I don't know what the situation is in Pakistan but in India it's a huge issue that women won't even dry the cloths they use in place of sanitary napkins outside even though it increases the risk of infections. There's also stigma attached to menstrating women preparing food. This is ridiculous and needs to stop.

• well in Pakistan that doesn't happen for sure.. lol.. because it's quite a big deal from religious perspective as well.. the thing they're trying to say is that if a girl has periods out of the blue she shouldn't be shamed for it..
      it's not a bad thought but still it looks kinda nasty and totally unnecessary,,

• you're taking it a whole different way..
      it's not that they're wrong.. but they way they're trying to spread the word is not exactly socially acceptable either.. what if people are saying circumcision should be banned and then they let their dicks out and stand on the road.. the cause would be right.. but the way wouldn't be..
      again.. this is what I think.. I don't want to argue over petty things like this

• Setting out a pad =/= whipping out your actual genitals

• I don't get... Why are they doing this?

• apparently they want to tell people that girls shouldn't be shamed if they have mensis out of nowhere and get some stains.. cuz this happens in Pakistan.. not a bad message but the way to convey it is really nasty..

• 1|0
    • Is it weird if I still find Jensen hot even if he's doing this gross stuff in the gif.. 😂😂😂

• Throwing up at a photo of pads? Grow up

• @mistixs okay first of all he was not throwing up he was spitting out food. You obviously don't watch supernatural. This protest is still gross there is about a thousand better ways to do this protest better. And used pads? That's disgusting and not sanitary. Even if they weren't used pads, pads are not cheap because the government considers them a luxury item and taxes them. And who the hell puts paint on their clothes to symbolize period stains? Clothes are not cheap.

• er... guys did it at my school as a joke...
    but that was like 5 years ago so we were kids.
    here I don t see the point really?
    period was never smthng to be ashamed off lol

• well the campaign was kinda disgusting for sure.. but it is thought of a shameful thing because of typical Pakistani culture

• don't get me started lol..

• interesting lol :P

• What is their goal and point of that?

• And why did they do this?

• lool, what are they afraid of clean pads for? what was the statement that they were trying to make?

• WOOOOOOOO YOU GO GIRLS!!! XOXOXOXO

• OMG. Hahaha. Uhm... I think it's worst :(

• That's disgusting and embarassing honestly

• Did this really happen in Lahore 😮?

• I think it's a good idea. People have dumb ideas about periods.

• I find it inappropriate.

• it's fucking stupid and gross