What are some good tips for a first time babysitter?

My sis and bro in law want a night out and my neice is potty trained and a little over 2. I'm the favorite uncle and I'm involved in her life so my sister asked me to baby sit her all night. I will need to put her down and all I have to do I monitor persay and make sure she's doesn't climb or throw her water everywhere. It sounds easy and when I have kids of my own someday it will be practice but I'm pretty nervous about it all to be honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't sweat it if the kid loves you it will be a lot easier. Just feed her in time and make sure she's in bed by bedtime.

What Girls Said 3

• Keep your eye on her for most of the time to make sure she's safe.

Toddlers usually like constant attention, so just play and have fun with her. Chase her around, play with toys together. When it's time for bed, help her brush her teeth and then read to her until she falls asleep. I'm sure time will fly by! =]

• She doesn't know how to sit still and awlays runs around so I will be busy I know that I just don't know what to do when she starts crying and tries to guilt me into letting her do something cause i am bad at saying nom

• My big one is to always cut down to only water after dinner and no fluids an hour before bed or you'll be cleaning up a wet bed.

• Don't answer the door.

What Guys Said 1

• It really is that easy.

Just make it through the night and keep her healthy and alive = success.