How do you calm down when you get angry?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Gym.
    Use that energy for something productive.
    MAKE SOME GAINZ YO!

What Girls Said 23

• I don't. I really don't get angry. I can't remember the last time I was truly angry for something, but if I'm angry. I don't calm down. I just can't.

• I used to punch a wall but that stopped when I broke my hand. Tbh, my dad once made me go to a shrink to control my temper since I always end up breaking something (my phone, a rice cooker, my hand, my lap top and whatnot) when I'm furious.

Now I just close my eyes and silently hum a tune or crack my knuckles and wait for it to pass.

• -go for a motorbike ride
    -listen to music
    -read

The first two always work. Either one

• Talking to my best friend or boyfriend usually calms me down or cuddling with my cat.

• By:
    -yelling
    -talking smart
    -having the last word
    -getting some space/fresh air

• Take some deep breaths, close my eyes and then get up and walk a bit.

• I stopped talking to everybody and turn up my music especially Gwen Stefani and Lana Del Rey

• Ranting. Once I get out about 50 curse words per sentence I'm like "now that that person will never speak to me again, I feel fine." 😂

• Depends on how angry. Sometimes I can walk it off. Sometimes it's not that simple.

• I disappear for a little and take calming breaths. Lord help the person who approaches me when i'm in that state of mind lol

• I listen to music and go for walks when I get really angry

• I text it out with my guy friend. Or blast my earlobes with music.

• Most times I have to walk away.

• Usually I just stay in my room and cool off. If I am absolutely raged then I go for a drive.

• I explode in a temper and exhaust myself

• Look for new pair of shoes

• I don't know talking about it usually calms me down lol or I just plug my earphones in and study

• The calming down part never really happens for me...

• Means, never get angry... or... never calm down if angry?

• @anonuser20 I know. Its a bad thing. Uncontrollabe temper. You know, i have actually considered taking lessons in anger management. Because that breathing business never works for me. Its like i get angrier with each breath.

• Uncontrollable temper!
      *shivers*

• i get angry but i get over it so fast and forget anything had happened

• Play music, lots of music. Otherwise, I'm a hurricane on wheels...

• Listen to music

• listen to metal song and after song i listen when i was child

• Blaze it

What Guys Said 15

• I'm not an angry kind of guy, which is sort of funny because I almost always look angry. However when I do get angry, the best thing for me is alone/quiet time. If I can spend some time alone doing something quiet it can go a LONG way to me being not angry. To be sure it very much depends what I'm angry about, but the most effective thing for me is to be alone or have some quiet time. If I can't get this I become very caustic/sarcastic and generally rather unpleasant to be around.

• Anger is best administrated by calm people.

• I just take a walk in the park

• I punch myself a couple of times in either the arm or leg.

• Oddly, listening to angry music makes me calmer. Who knows, might work for you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IM472k0Md8

• I love to work out when I'm Fuckin pissed. I jump on that shit like I'm Rocky about to fight a Russian.

• I play a violent game and rip as many people apart as I can

• I take selfies

• Getting stoned as fuck or talking to myself

• The breathe in breathe out method always seems to work for me. I rarely get angry though.

• Catch footballs

• For me it just takes time and time alone. I don't get angry very often and it takes a lot usually to get me angry, but if you do, it takes a LONG time for me to calm down and get over it. I don't tend to forgive and forget as you might imagine lol.

• I honestly don't get angry anymore. I've had way too much shit thrown at me in life to let things bother me anymore. Enough life will wear you down, too.

• Watch Mike Tyson videos