Would you think less of a woman if you found out she gave up a child for adoption?

• Yes, because women who accidentally get pregnant are usually promiscuous.
  • Yes, because I think it's child abandonment.
  • No. It's her choice. I respect that.
  • No. I think it's actually a noble thing to do when you're in that situation.
  • Other (please specify)

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think its not only noble but maybe one of the ultimate acts of love.
    To realize that you won't be able to take care of your child for any number of reasons and that the best option for the child is to essentially give them away to someone who actually could. Its an act of love, The woman loved her child so much that she did what was best even when she may not even be able to see the child again.
    This is a child that is going to grow up thinking of someone else as their mother and father all because her biological parent realized that she wasn't fit.
    Its love pure and simple

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I personally think it's better than abortion. Accidents happen and I guess, knowing that she wasn't ready to be a mother and/or couldn't take care of the baby herself, she made the rational decision to put the child with a family who will love them and be able to take care of and provide for them. Her choice and I respect that.

What Guys Said 15

• I would think less of her. She should have gotten an abortion. The foster care system is shit. Less than shit. The kid would have been better off never being born. Not only does it tell me she's weak or has, in my opinion, stupid beliefs; it also tells me she's weak and doesn't take responsibility for her actions. That's how I see it.

Now, *adopting* a kid. That would be something I respect very, very highly. When they have working organs, and they're not just trying to stroke their own instinctual egos.

• Not an easy choice, whatever the reason. I think in some ways, I would admire her courage for giving the child both a chance to live and to have a life.

• No I'd think she did the right thing by giving it up for adoption instead of killing it with abortion.

• I said other because in something as serious as that you have to hear the circumstances before you decide on your feelings about it.

• No. She didn't chose to abort, that alone gives her the benefit of doubt and I'd definitely stay to hear her reasons.

• i wouldn't date her but it wouldn't make me think bad of her.

• No, I wouldn't. But there will be some serious talk about the case if a child was mine. She won't give it up, I'll take it.

• it entirely depends on why she did it.

• No. I would admire her for making a sacrifice like that

• I'd commend her for doing that instead of abortion.

• Why'd I even care lol

• It really depends on her reason

• nope... better than have a child that dont get what it needs...

• sorry for that but yes and yes and yes

• Hard to say depend on the resions qhy she did it

What Girls Said 16

• not at all, i would think that must have been a really hard decision to make and i would respect her for it.

• no, it's her choice. Maybe her parents would kill her if she kept the kid.
    Maybe her life is mixed in with bad people (abusive ex, abusive parents, drug history, mafia etc)
    Maybe she can't financially support her kid.
    There's many reasons why, and there's no judgement. It allows for a better environment for the child.

• One of your choices requires further clarification. What situation is she in? There are many. I, for one, would choose adoption over abortion any time. If a woman gets pregnant unintentionally, I would criticize her only if she did not take proper precautions. If she used protection and it failed, well, it is rare but can still happen. I would honestly prefer any woman who gives a child up for adoption instead of aborting (read: MURDERING) it. At least then the woman is realizing that she cannot care for the child at that time, and is instead choosing to give that child a chance at a better life.

• No. But if she has any other children it makes me think. I always wonder why people chose to keep some and not all. I know it's circumstantial most times, but still. Imagine how that kid feels. Even if they've had a good life, I know they have to wonder why their birth mother didn't keep them.

• It really depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it takes a real woman to walk out of her child's life for him/her to have a better one and in my opinion it sure as hell beats abortion...

• I was given into adoption by my parents. I never thought less about them.

• Better than killing a innocent baby just because you (the adult) made a stupid mistake. I respect her for deciding to not kill the baby.

• No. I'd be curious though

• highly depends on the situation. was it a woman who got pregnant by being totally careless and promiscuous? was it a woman who was young and can't provide for the child and wants to give him/her a better life? was the woman raped? was it someone who just didn't want a child and didn't care for its wellbeing? everything is situational.

• Hell no! She made the choice that was right for her.

• I voted C but circumstances play a major role in why she did this don't judge you don't know what happened

• It would depend on why she made that decision

• Yes, because I think it's child abandonment and i hate that kind of person, they are cruel

• But what if she can't afford to keep it? What if it would have a terrible life if she kept it?

• that's still cruel and an abandonment. A child is always better with his real mother than some stranger

• I would be disgusted with her, how can you abandon your child serious? What's wrong with you people?

• Honestly, I would.

• Being someone who was in this situation I want to comment on this question but can't find the words to do so.