Would you get a timer that counts down until you meet your soulmate?

I got this idea from the movie Timer :D

The timer only works if your soulmate is also wearing one and it has 100% accuracy. It will just cost you $79.99. You can't manipulate it and you will 100% meet your soulmate when it gets to 0.

• Yes, I'd get the timer
  • No I wouldn't get the timer
  • Maybe/IDK

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• So I can be perpetually impatient because I'm just waiting for the timer to tick down to 0? Nah.

What Guys Said 15

• is that an image from the movie.

anyways hmm... well. It's only telling me when I do meet her right. it's not a guarantee that shit will happen, like I could still fuck it up between us and we never got together, right?

• yeah you could still f it up but since you both know you're each others soul mates, you'd be more willing to make it work

• yeah it is an image from the movie, i think the course of fate was already set but the timer lets you know when it's going to happen

• i rather let it happen sporadically, then expect it to happen.

• No. What if I have no soulmate? xD What if it says "30 years"? What if my soulmate never buys the timer?

I'd rather not know.

• Sure. It seems like a good way to spot them, and not waste my time on the wrong woman.

• No, because I will be dead before I meet a woman.

• I wouldn't - It means you will view every other interest as being a NON SOULMATE so you mightn't engage with them - Also there is a bit of a pessimist in me what if it is wrong or doesn't work?

• No that would kill the romance of meeting. Plus I'd just be jaded to dating any woman until then and I never want to do that.

What if when it hits 0 you're looking at someone you absolutely don't want to be with?

• I would buy it for fun, but with a few hours to go i'd be a nervous wreck lol.

• No I don't think I would.

• that's prolly screw up the timing. self sabotage via ur subconscious

• yes i would, by the way timer was an awesome movie

• I'd get it just to try manipulating it... LOL.

• Yes, It'd give me something to look forward to

• If I'm talking with my friend and I see it's about to hit zero I'd be like "Bitch STFU. I'm about to meet my soulmate!"

• That's not you in profile picture

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Well, fuckity fuck.

I mean... Men and women already abuse and mistreat each other enough already as it is.
    If you had this... "thing" that was basically telling you, "Go ahead, treat this person like shit, as long as there's still a positive number on the screen!", well, let's just say our world would not be a very pleasant place as a result.

No thank you.

• I don't believe in soul mates. I think it's a cop out and prevents you from having full agency over your life.

• That's very awesome idea, yes I would like to get it

• No, I wouldn't get it. I don't believe in soulmates.
    But, I think it's a good idea for people who believe in it :)

• No, this is a bad idea. I love is one of those times in life that it's all about the journey. All of my exs helped make me into who I am. All of my past relationships, sexual or not, have taught me about who I am and who I want to be. I like the uncertainty of making a new friend and wondering if it will ever grow into more. I think that if we had a timer that counted down no one would bother trying to have meaningful relationships with anyone they met, except that one person they met at zero. Think of all the friendships you'd miss out on!

And this is not even getting into what, exactly, a soulmate is. Like, are they your lover? Or just a platonic best friend? This would suck so much mystery and fun out of life!

• No that ruins the mystery of it! 🙃

• Sure haha, that could be interesting 😛 I believe everyone has multiple soulmates though so I wonder how would that work.

• multiple? how?

• I just don't believe there's only ONE soulmate for everyone. Like, there's multiple people in the world who could be perfect for you. That makes more sense to me. Cause what if your one soulmate dies? You have no more soulmates then.

• I have to admit... That would be pretty cool!!! 😄

• I would get the timer