Has anyone ever regretted not talking to the person they were interested in? Do these feelings ever go away?

Please share with me :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, absolutely! I mean I talked to her, and was very good friends, but the feeling part, was always difficult for me in my younger days. (forget about my story), but they do and they don't! I mean I do think of her and how stupid I was... My regrets! But also, I've moved on, and whilst she, and my mistakes, have become a part of who I am I am better for it. Whomever I happen to be with at any given time, generally consumes most of those kind of thoughts. So, to answer your question NO, and thank GOD, those feelings never completely go away, or I would miss the feelings more than I miss the girl who evoked them within me! But The pain certainly DOES go away, unless you are for some reason focusing/fixated on them, in which case it's probably not the origins off the pain/depression.

Time does heal, but things that come to/for you over time heals MUCH more profoundly!

You won't spend the rest of your days feeling like you do now... absolutely NOT!

Capisce?

What Guys Said 10

• Only brief encounters... Like today there was this really cute Asian girl I wish I could have had the confidence to strike up a conversation with. Although she was working at the time so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea anyways. She was so cute tho😍

I hate being so easily swayed by cute faces 😠

Anyways... you'll probably be bothered by it until someone/somthing else takes up your attention and causes you to forget/put aside your thoughts towards the other person.

• Yes I've felt that and yes! Those feelings disappear, usually when you start talking to other people.

• Sure feelings sometimes go away. People sometimes surprise you, for better or for worse. I have never regretted talking to someone I was interested in because it made me realise whether to continue to be interested or move on.

• I had a friend in high school that really liked me. I liked her but because she was not pretty, I was not interested in dating her. After we graduated, I realized that I made a mistake for judging her by her looks because honestly, looks only last for so long, and she was way cooler than any girl that I had ever known. She married her boyfriend who she dated in high school and is happy. I got over it, and found my girl who I married.

• yes there was one that i regret not trying harder to know. and even years later i wounder about her and what ever became of her

• I really don't regret it looking back as that person wasn't interested in me. There was a girl that I do regret not talking to as she was interested in me and I was kinda interested in her. The feelings do disappear as I got over the girl and I sure that she has moved on as well since it's been years since I last talked to her in person.

• Kinda but I only have like 3 months left until I change school :/ So I'm gonna try to make something out of it and try to get her number and stuff and then I hope we see each others on the summer

• yup i do, and yeah these feelings do go away after some time.

• Yeah they go away.

• I eventually get over that.

What Girls Said 3