Guys, Have you ever secretly liked a woman but never told her?

Have you ever secretly liked a woman but never told her? Why didn't you tell her? What attracted you to her? Do you know some of us women would love to hear that you like us? It kinda hurts when you keep it a secret.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh totally. Different things attracted me. Something unique about each. Never told one because I fear rejection and embarrassment.

What Guys Said 25

• Many, many times.

• Yes, lots and lots of time. Most of the time I don't tell women I like them.

• OMG where do I start! LOL! Fear of rejection is the biggest and general shyness.

• I think everyone has had feelings for someone they haven't told. The reasons for not doing so could be endless. The most common reason is probably due to lack of courage, but it sure isn't the only possible reason, that's for sure.

• Yes. It's called every crush I've ever had? Is it a standard for you people to confess EVERY time?

• Yes she's my best friends little sister. She's a goddess and I'm scared of ruining the relationship I have with her brother and father.

• Yeah but it's an attraction thing. I think women read it on me when I'm attracted to them like this one girl at my school. I saw her today and I noticed her look back at me and smiled because I showed signs of attraction awhile back. I'll never tell her because I'm not looking for a relationship and I don't want another person telling me how pathetic I am.

• No, I'm really straight forward

• Of course I am sure it's the same as you women. I'm not telling her, because it's my best friends sister lol. Honestly her personality first, then her body was on point. I don't tell, because it's a risk of our friendship, and it isn't worth ruining over.

• Yes, because I am painfully shy and awkward. What attracted me to them was probably my raging teenage hormones.

Yes, I'm sure a lot of you would love to hear it, but what you don't know can't hurt you.

• duh.

• At least once a week.

• I did once in High School, I never told her because I was both too shy and too smart to know that she would reject me with ease.

• yah all the time

• It happened a lot when I was younger, mostly out of fear of rejection.

• Yes I have

• yes, but surprisingly because i didn't think they felt the same way.

• Yeah, most of the girls I like I don't tell them. The ones I do tell stop talking to me.

• I've never told any of them

• Yes I have, a lot. It's basically fear of rejection. Not just getting rejected in general but HOW she rejects you. A lot of women make fun of you behind your back and push you away when you tell them how you feel. After a certain amount of times a lot of guys lose a lot of confidence.

• Many times in my life. Why? Because I'm below average downstairs. Still haven't been intimate, and I've only had one relationship.

• There are tons of women i have liked but never told.
    I didn't tell them because i swore to myself at a young age that i would never approach a woman again. That if a woman liked me enough, she would approach me herself.

It's a statement of equality.

• Sure I have kept it a secret. Lots of guys do all the time. She is normally either in a relationship, or gives us some other reason to think she won't like us back. Or we are worried about the consequences of telling her, if say we are at work because that can put our jobs in jepordy. Why don't you tell him instead? You know it kinda hurts when you girls keep it a secret. lol

If anything women should feel more confident to approach guys than the other way around. Unlike women, you don't often hear guys complaining about being hit on or cat called. You can't really expect guys to do something you won't do, in a society that acts like telling a girl you like her is a form of harassment.

The thing is that typically the type of guys you want confessing to you aren't normally the guys you have a crush on. When the ugly and socially awkward guys keep approaching a woman she hates it. She then creep shames them and calls it harassment. If you want a guy to confess to you, you first have to make sure he feels comfortable enough to know you won't judge him for it.

• Only if there was a reason such as I or they were with someone else or despite my attraction to them I could see getting involved would only end in disaster. You aren't always attracted to people who will be good for you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more