Does handedness matter to you, do you ever wish you were different handed?

I'm left handed, I have been all my life, as such I have adapted to living in a right handed world, I can use a mouse/trackball quite well with my right hand, can use right handed scissors, can openers and do most things rightys can. However in addition to being left handed I am also rather creative and artistic, I can draw, paint and sculpt and write rather well. I can't be sure if this is just the way I am, or if my left handedness has impacted my abilities. Do you ever wish you were left handed if you are right handed, or if you are a southpaw do you wish you were a righty? Feel free to answer and express your opinion on this subject. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm left-handed and never wished to be right handed. I just wish the ink from pens would dry quicker so when I'm writing a thank you note or a greeting card, it doesn't look like a toddler wrote it---there's always ink smears all over! That's my complaint.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm right handed, I'm pretty happy with it because I know that being left handed can make things more difficult when the majority of things are catered towards right handed people. I think it's why my boyfriend loves Legend of Zelda so much, he gets to play a left-handed character :P

• Nice, I never thought about that, and while I have played Legend of Zelda it has been a long time since I have played. ;-)

• I'm left handed at most things but pretty good at right headed things too. I play softball left but golf right. I use a mouse with either hand and use a fork and knife in either as well. I'm also fairy artistic. Been drawing my whole life, self taught piano, cook. I have no interest at all in being a right handed person.

• Im technically right handed but besides writing I do just about everything else with my left... At least when it comes to strength.

• See I knew it, you are really left handed but want to keep it a secret ;-)

• I'm also left handed and I've never wished I was right handed. Everything in this world is made for right handed people - scissors, knives, most musical instruments, power tools, notebooks... but I'm cool with that. I like being a southpaw.

• I too have very few regrets being a southpaw, however I wish they made a few more things for lefties, like notebooks. To be sure I know it's a small thing, but it seems that it is always the small things that seem to make such a big difference. :-) Thanks for sharing.

• I'm left handed. It doesn't matter to me , I use a bat, hockey stick and gold club right handed though. I can't swing the other way at all. I also can use right handed scissors, I can throw right handed and catch a ball right handed as well. But strictly for writing and printing it's left handed.

• I can most definitely relate, in that I have adapted to life in a right handed world, but still write, draw and paint with my left hand.

• I wish I was ambidextrous, because it's both useful and amazing. I have also attempted to write and draw (since I'm an artist) with my left hand at a decently young age, but I never continued because I kept forgetting. Hopefully, soon, I'll start practicing again.

• I always wanted to be left handed cuz they seem special and very common right handed I learned that it sucks to be leftie especially when u write >.>

• This is very true, but most lefties don't let it get in the way too much, it just requires a little extra thought. ;-)

• I'm somewhat ambidextrous and that's worked well for me.

• Good for you, my step father is the same way, and while I can do many things with my right hand, there are still more things I can get done with my left.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm left handed and in fact my whole family (5 people) is as well, which I think is pretty damn rare. Like you, I'm quite creative and I love being left-handed. Some things are more difficult to do but I generally enjoy being part of a minority. Also, I think writing with your left hand looks hot. I know it might sound weird but every time I see a girl write with her left hand, I think she looks really cute and hot. There's somehow it looks slightly clumsy but at the same time very adorable. Oh and by the way, I have a really beautiful handwriting, especially for being a guy :-).

• Until you've smudged the ink or the pencil across the page, that is.

• I know, they made me study Latin at my uni because I'm majoring in history... . But honestly, I love being in this little secret society. It feels great :-). We're in great company. Leonardo da Vinci was a lefty, as was Alexander the Great, Napoleon, J. F. K. Michelangelo, H. G. Wells and a few others.

• That is nice to know, see I was in a secret society so secret I didn't even know it. :-D

• I am left handed and it has not been a problem.
    I am not entirely left handed, though. My right eye is what is known as the master eye, so I shoot right handed. This is a good thing, because anyone who tries to aim with their left eye gets a face full of hot gas and even hotter brass.
    I use a sword and a tennis racquet left handed, but a cricket or baseball bat right handed.
    When I fight (karate) I block with my left hand and strike with my right.
    I know that I am strange.

• Not strange at all, I use my left hand for many things, but there are some things I do exclusively right handed like throw a frisbee, don't know why but I couldn't throw a frisbee with my left hand to save my life. :-)