Public Speaking Anxiety?

I have a presentation for English today and I can't stop freaking out. My stomach is whirling, I didn't sleep last night, and I can't seem to focus on anything else. Is there anyway for me to avoid this project? If not how do I face it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not facing something doesn't help, because you will always find yourself in a place where you are faced with doing it again. The goal should be to make it more bearable, as opposed to avoiding it altogether.

I was terrified of doing presentations in front of the class. I HATED it. Being the center or attention, everyone looking at me... yeah, trust me, I understand. But you need to bite the bullet and deal, sometimes. It is short, and then you are done, and someone else is up there presenting.

My advice? Ask the teacher if you can sit in a chair while you do your presentation. I had to give one (10th grade, also English) and the teacher allowed me to sit in a chair while I talked. I felt... nervous still, but much more sure of myself. Standing there, you feel vulnerable. Sitting in a chair made me feel much less exposed.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, just memorize it. I am terrified of public speaking haha. I practice it at home as many times as I need to so I can memorize it.
    I take note cards up if I'm allowed to and write down the first few stances of that slide (if power point) or paragraph and I can usually take it from there.

What Guys Said 3

• Remember!! Younarenonly freakingboit from YOURSELF. Nobody is going to be looking at you except yourself. Trust me. Nobody is going to o be judging you but yourself. Nobody is even cares what you are saying except you.

So, why feel nervous. in fact, feel good. Start slow and easy and you'll see within 2/minutes, you will be at ease.

• Just do it.

• Use the old Imagine them in their underwear trick xD

What Girls Said 1

• I have it too. The only thing you can do is be knowledgeable on the subject you're talking about, make a few cards of topics you'll talk about, and just do it. Do not learn a whole presentation front to back. It will only make you more nervous. Don't prepare too much. You will get better at suppressing your anxiety as you do more presentations.