In a scale from 0 to 10, how much religious you are?

In a scale from 0 to 10

Maybe I'm 8

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, maybe like a 1 or a 2. I'm an atheist so it should really be a 0 :P But I guess I was raised to be Christian and I'm still open to the idea that some deity does exist, I just don't believe it, but I guess that openness might mean I would be a bit more than a 0.

Most Helpful Guy

• Religious 0
    Believe in god 10

To me, religion is people doing weird, ridiculous things to appease some 'god' that a real, true, loving, down to earth (lol), fatherly God could not or would not care less about. If a 'god' bases it's love on who can be the best in human eyes, pray the most, who can make the most pilgrimages, kill the most non believers, light the most candles, give the most time or money, can do the most pushups, can eat the most hot dogs, can fart the loudest, whatever cannot be real. A real God who loves and forgives is like a kind, loving father. You can't do anything to make him love you less or make him want to throw you away. I look at it through how I love my little girl. Is there anything at all she can do that would make me not want her or love her? No, nothing. Not kill 1000 people, not even hating me would make me not lover or want her. If a human being can love like that, God can love even more. Infinitely more. People hate God based on what people do, not what God did or does. Even if you think he's bad for not stopping bad things that happen is not a valid excuse. First of all, not having done anything yet and not ever planning on doing anything are two different things. Second, how do you know what happens after death? Maybe he is showing us what bad really is so we have something to measure how good heaven really is. It's very tough to make an accurate judgement of anything with less than half the information. However, anyone can believe how they want. I don't care cuz it will never have any affect on me, ever, good or bad. Don't bother telling me how wrong I am, I don't care.

• so you mean 10? great speech by the way.
      by religion i meant your faith. how strong is your faith. how much you believe in a certain specific set of beliefs. for Christianity, my vision is that is much more about principles than about rules as @springocelot once said in a question. so in this way, i don't think religion itself as something contradictory to what God really wants. here a nice video of father Barron (now bishop) who put it better than me what i mean:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLta2b9zQ64

• I know what you're saying but Christianity was never meant to be a religious faith. Jesus did away with and fulfilled the Law (religious duties). Before him in the old covenant, religiosity was required. After that, religion was fullfilled through him. As Paul says, all things are permissible but not all things are profitable. AKA, all things are forgiven but there still will/can be earthly punishments or consequences even if there's none in heaven. There's things that are good to do (baptism, communion, tithing, go to worship services, etc) but those things and any other are not required just recommended.

• i am glad you watched it fully. i watched it again because it's always intellectually a joy to hear this man speaking. yeah i agree with you that they are not required because everybody has a chance to go to heaven even if you are not catholic and don't do communions etc... but for me they are like special weapons against the evil forces. nothing can put demons in the spiritual with fear against a person who is in a state of grace by keeping that by weekly confessing their sins and receiving the communion.

also i agree with what Paul said (obviously), but what Bishop Barron said is not contradictory to what Paul and you have just said in my opinion. Jesus came to fullfill through him, that's correct. But that does not necessarily mean to abandon the religious duties (the Law). It means now Jesus is Himself the religion. A person, His feelings and thoughts, is a religion

What Girls Said 31

• honestly a 0.

• -10.

• With 0 being not at all? -47.

• Zero.

• Mm 4/10

• Minus infinity.

• Probably 3-4 if you have to quantify it.

• 42. Because 42 is the answer the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

• I'm a 5

• a solid 3, i wouldn't slander any religion or like, throw a holy book on the floor but i'm not religious and don't believe in any of it.

• Like an 8.

• Probably a 0. I don't believe in God at all and I'm not spiritual either.

• Honestly it's a big 0.

• 0. I'm an atheist and that's not gonna change unless quite literally a miracle happens and there's solid proof that God exists.

• do you really think God owes you a favor to make a miracle in front on you just in order to prove Himself to you? so what even if He does that and you are not ready to accept it?

• God doesn't exist xD

• I'd say 2

• Zero

• Around 8 i think

• I'm not religious at all. So 0.

• i'm spiritual and believe in God but i don't attend fellowship

• 7 💛

• Religious? 0
    Spiritual? 10

• about a 1 at the moment but will start doing more soon

• I am a Muslim and try tp follow my religion but I can't rate myself exactly but still 7/10

• A zero or maybe a 1, but definitely not more than 1.

• Maybe a 2

• Let say 0 ^^

• 0 and it seems like a lot of people are turning towards this.

• Not knly that but to me the last time I went to church it seemed like all they wanted was money. When my mother asked the church for help they told her no.
      So on top of not being religious I also have zero faith in catholic churches because all they seem to ask for is money.

• lol actually catholic churches are the ones who almost never ask money, you can attend mass every Sunday and don't give a penny and it's fine nobody will treat you different because of that. Unlike other churches like evangelical churches

• A big fat 0.

• 5. I don't completely deny religious aspects. I'm agnostic, not atheist.

• I m 10

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 29

• I'd say I'm towards the higher end of the scale. Hard to put a number on it though. I attend church on at least a weekly basis, pray every day, and try to get to know my faith and its central figure, Jesus Christ, better. I don't know how I'd honestly rate myself though.

• you mean a 10 but you don't want to say it right?

• Let's put it this way. I attend Mass at least weekly, I pray the Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy every day, I say my grace before meals, I try to get to know my faith better, I go to Confession on a regular basis, I tithe regularly, and I'm waiting until I get married to have sex. However, I do not want to see myself as "superior" to other Catholics. My humility in the matter is sincere.

• well... who am I to rightly know about you really feel towards this question? Only God knows how humble and sincere you really are. I don't want to sound rude though. For I have met "superior catholics" that deep inside them they felt holier than their peers when in fact, i thought they were very average even mediocre as far as i know about the ideal Christian

• Im very passionate about the universe. This dark, "empty" and cold misterious place... with pieces of rock and gas balls. This weird, bizarre reality, similar to a nightmare that we live on... floating on... watever it is... completely black... people, this is bizarre as shit !

Im sorry, but I don't loose time following old stories and books about a specific creator. Religious no.

I don't know what's behind us, but the best way to find out about "we"... is making science our third arm. The rest is just imagination.

• Answer : 1

I do not follow any religion, nor do i believe in a deity or any kind or a divine creator. I do however feel that the universe is a creation of consciousness. As in we are all that is, everything that will be, and everything that ever was. Time is just an illusion created by physics and the universe is everything. In a sense the universe is just a dream, and spirituality can accompany that by focusing on how we are all connected on a subconscious level.

If there was a god, it would be all of us combined. All consciousness from all life within the universe is what created the singularity of the universe.

• Probably a 6. I devote a lot of time academically to studying the theology and the like, but otherwise I don't actually have faith or abide by my religion very much. Though for whatever reason I still won't have sex until I'm married.

• well... my friend only 6 really? you seem much more a solid 9 to me as far as i know of you

• Externally maybe, but internally I'm pretty low. I grapple with the problem of evil a lot which in turn I think might be the product of seasonal depression.

• Probably like a Negative 69.

• 0 for me. What would you put at a 10 if you rated yourself 8 ?

• hahaha that was funny... you mean i look very religious? i know some dudes in real life that as far as i know are 10

• No sorry I phrased it badly. I meant if you say you're a 8 can you define what you think is a ten so I can picture what you mean by 8.

• somewhere near to a saint

• Just about a big fat 0.

• I'm spiritual but not really religious.
    I believe in something after death and some higher power so like 3

• lol all those words to rate yourself only 3!

• you are not the only who have already struggled with God you know? I actually do that too... i mean a lot... if you do that, i will give at you at least 5

• No definitely not that High,
      I believe in a higher power and I don't know what kind of higher power it might be other than that its a god,
      I'm also not positive what kind of afterlife I believe in just that there is one

• i dont consider myself to be religious cause religion is about rules, regulations, and maybe rituals.

i beleive in the truth and comform my life to it.

• Zero

• Like a 2

• zero

• An 8-9.

• I'm a 0.

• Probably 1 or 2. Im an agnostic but dont go to church or pray or anything

• Not at all. I refuse to go to church or pray.

• 2 maybe?

• 10 believe in GOD

• -99999999999 lol

• 0/10. Religious brainwash people. Also I'm not a follower, I'm leader. So think people are religious are followers that can't think on their own. I do like demons.

• Like a 4 lol

• 0. God doesn't exist in me whatsoever.

• Maybe 7 , im muslim but not so religious

• I'm like a 0.5.

• 3/10

• In God's eyes, it's all or nothing. So 10.

• -1 😝😝

• I am an atheist so I guess it would be a 0. I still enjoy some of religious holidays, but I don't consider myself religious at all.

• Minus 10