What is a Jihad?

Why are Muslims hated for their religious beliefs?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the truest sense of that word, it means to overcome, apply oneself. But Islam fantics and extremists and cheap media have twisted its meaning beyond recognition. Some people think burning the haystack to find the needle is an intelligent solution, not aware that the fire that burns the haystack will also likely burn them as they look for the needle, and then they wonder, who started the fire?

• Yep it means the struggle with your consciousness, to choose good over bad aka not commit any sins, have control over your desires such as no sex before marriage etc

• Thanks MHG.

Most Helpful Girl

• The way I have heard it described by my Muslim friends is as follows: the struggle within oneself to be a good person and follow Allah and the Prophet Mohammed's (pbuh) teachings.

What Guys Said 8

• people who are ill-informed are usually quick to hate on muslim people.

• Jihad means struggling , jihad comes with two meanings frost one is one your country is in a war ir occupied your fight for your country is called jihad
    The secound meaning is when you try to stop doing a sin you love that is called jihad

NOT what people think it is

• People generalize about Muslims because not enough people of the Islamic faith are vocal about denouncing terrorism.
    This TV host is one of the exceptions:

https://youtu.be/ceGqB4raTZo

• "Jihad" is Holy War and is a commandment in Islam. Now, some will say that it's not to be taken literally and is instead merely an "internal struggle" toward greater righteousness or whatever. But when the 9/11 hijackers flew those planes into the World Trade Center buildings they were committing jihad. When Mohammed's armies were spreading the new faith at the point of their swords in the 7th Century they were engaging in jihad. When the Islamic State (ISIS) commits genocide against Christians and Yazidis they are committing jihad. It's not real great to be on the other end of jihad if you're an infidel.

• I think they're hated because they are killing innocents, just because they're from a different religion, but they kill off their own followers too, I heard

• really don't care about the jihad question
    my guess is the main question is why do people hate muslims

well some muslims cause issues so they BLAME ALL MUSLIMS
    and put them on equal terms, that's how it goes

also cause people hate GOD in general no matter what religion

my biggest issue is which version of the Quran is correct and please don't say all

• A jihad is when muslims go nuts and start killing innocent people

• actually the jihad was made for women back in the day so there would be less chance of rape

• I am not fond of them because of the religious and cultural laws that are put in place the follows high concentration of Muslims

What Girls Said 1

• Jihad is an Islamic term referring to the religious duty of Muslims to maintain the religion.