Why did bell pick beast over gastone?

Beast kidnapped her abused her starved her
gastone good looks can sing would provide for her

0|0
13|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Beast changed on his free will overtime because of his love for Belle, whereas Gaston did not. I honestly believe he was too vain to even have feeling's for her, he just wanted her because she wasn't interested and that had his curiosity. They both grew an attachment towards the other, so this was bond to happen. Plus Beast was FINE AFFFF after he changed back into human form.

0|0
    0|0
    • Good look's don't mean shhh.. ok Gaston had look's (not attractive honestly to me) but what else could he provide any woman let alone, Belle? He was dumb, very disrespectful to anyone but himself, he was vain, he was misogynistic/sexist... and he ate raw egg's 😨Vomit! I preferred the Beast's voice over Gaston's honestly singing and speaking wise. The beast was a kind soul ovetall just misunderstood and confused... but aren't we all. He made Belle happy through out the movie and eventually himself. The beast was a true gentleman and Prince Charming let's give prop's where they are due, babe☺

• Oh did not see that coming lol, Thanks ☺

What Girls Said 12

• hahah i used to love beauty and the beast, it was my favorite disney movie. in hindsight it's a little messed up but to this day i absolutely loathe gaston. gaston was a selfish conceited jerk who also was really stupid and a misogynist. he was extremely disrespectful to belle and just thought he deserved her just because. he also talked about her father so terribly. belle hated beast in the beginning because he was also a jerk. but over time she got to see the good in him and he changed and became better to her and more caring. it's such a stereotype that every girl wants a "bad guy" who will "turn good just for her" but honestly that's totally the situation in this movie and that's what makes it great (and also gives little girls like me such unrealistic expectations about men hahah). :p

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think he kidnapped her, she came and took her father's place. He also didn't starve her.

0|0
    0|0
    • He specifically said you won't eat

• Maybe so but it didn't happen.

The Beast was not much of a nicer person than Gaston, that's true. But the reason Belle fell in love with him rather than Gaston was that the Beast changed. He stopped being so angry, he started opening himself up to change. He started embracing learning and becoming a better person. He grew to respect her as a person because of all she brought to his life - friendship, company, music, dance, laughter. And in the end he didn't try to force her to stay. He knew that if she left, he'd either be killed or stuck like that forever but what was more important to him than that was her safety and her freedom. He put someone first and became the opposite of the selfish creature that he'd been at the start of the story.

Gaston didn't change. Gaston was aggressive throughout, he disrespected pretty much everyone around him, he was a brute and a bully. And like I said, the Beast was too at the beginning but the difference was he developed.

• Prince Adam did NOT starve Belle. He had extravagant meals prepared for her and gave her fancy gowns, and she was allowed outside. She wasn't kidnapped either, so I don't know where you got that idea from. He protected her, connected with her. They had a bond. He loved Belle, whereas Gaston only lusted for her. He was Belle's true love, her kiss saved his life and made him human.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Beast did not kidnap her. She came on her own looking for her papa. He did not starve her either. And Gaston was an idiot.

0|0
    0|0
    • 😂 he specifically said she couldn't eat

• He didn't kidnap her he kidnapped her father and then she took her fathers place. He did end up giving her a room and meals and all the books she could want. Gaston was egotistical and didn't care about belle but instead about making her his. The beast also let belle go back to her father and she came back to help him and he also protected her. They formed a special relationship while she had to stay at the palace.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gaston is a vain idiot. That's why.

0|0
    0|0
    • Beast 😂 Kidnapped her father than her

• He didn't starve her. He didn't kidnap her either. She went looking for her father. That being said, he did do some terrible things. At least he changed for the better unlike Gaston.

• Lol, she dids the caveman type. Just proves the bad boy (beast) really can turn out better than the (psycho that looks good?) haha I had something going in my mind but lost it and went with it hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • cuss beast is cute and not a complete ass

0|0
    0|0
  • she felt sorry for the beast and sorrow is a huge emotion with powerful effects on people

0|0
    0|0
  • She picked the ugly hopping to find true beauty within

0|0
    0|0
    • He kidnapped her😕

• I've never seen it don't like princess movies. She wanted to find beauty in ugly

• Gaston had to much hair on his chest...

0|0
    0|0
  • Gastone was self-centered, pig-headed, and a generally terrible person? Yeah the Beast treated her awfully in the beginning, but he learned to be kinder and love, Gastone did not and down spiralled into calling Belle names and degrading her for not accepting his proposal.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Gastone treated her like an object, a trophy, killed for pleasure and self glorification and was overall a horrible human being.

The beast though not at first treated her like an individual a person, were others would see ugliness and evil on the outside she saw beauty and a good person within.

4|2
    0|0
  • She was into bestiality big time.

0|0
    0|0