Whats your biggest insecurity and how do you counter it?

@Polocrew, @Tomboy_cool, @Decentguy
@rgb008, @ConsultantIsBack, @Elissadido, @Karansharma

Most Helpful Girl

• My biggest insecurity are my eczema scars. It's not extremly visible but it's enough to make me hate it. My dark circles, as-well as my body.
    Specially my body, no matter what my friends and Family and doctors tell me, (that I'm healthy) I always feel like it could be better, and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to the way I look. It's part of the reason why I had bullimia as a teenager. I used to eat 300kcal a day and workout 4 hours, when I ate a little over 500 kcal I would cry myself to sleep. I would wake up in the middle of the night to touch my bones to feel satisfied and go back to sleep specially when starvation and hunger didn't let me sleep. I started blacking out and losing my hair's thickness and I became weaker. now I have a normal BMI and I'm healthy overall, But I still feel like I can do better so this time I'm focusing on being fit and strong and not bony and weak.

• Phew thank God 300cal, 500 is crazy and u look healthy now, dark circles, well blame your brown genes lol I got 'em too, u can hide them with time but slight tear troughs will always stay

Most Helpful Guy

• In June of 1993, Brian Mtztger of Waycross, GA, shattered the world record for Trophy Loaf at 27.34 inches with an average girth of 6.84 inches. At 60 years of age I must live out each remaining day of my life, knowing that this life-long goal is not within my reach.

What Girls Said 17

• I'm considered really good looking as per the beauty standards in my country.
    My biggest insecurity is that nobody will actually see through my external appearance ever and see how I am.
    Yes I'm in a relationship with a guy who loves me for who I am on the inside, my intelligence but even when we have a fight. Or I make a mistake? He ignores them just because he knows I'm a pretty face and more than what he could have got. Had it been some other girl? He wouldn't have tolerated it. People usually approach me and I'm quite popular because of my looks. I wonder when I grow old, will they see me still?

• It's odd. Lots of people are prone to say stuff about their looks, but mine is that I'm afraid that I'm not working hard enough towards my future. I never feel like I'm doing enough, and it's frustrating sometimes. I burn myself out as a result.

• Sorry. Forgot the second part. i have a great support system, and it also helps to have little reminders around my room saying things like, "You are enough".

• Acne scars on my face.
    They've been fading with time. They're not as red anymore, so thats good haha.

• My weight. I struggle every day with it, but I'm working on accepting myself.

• My weight I'm trying to work on it though, its just this fast metabolism is killing me. I eat everything in the house but gaining weight is like a hit or miss for me.

• The redness on my face I used to put make-up on to hide it but whenever it started to get hot, cold, was embarrassed about something my cheeks got red and I've given that up for 4 months because it's useless people still point it out and I've realized how much it sucked to do something for others and not for me so I only rarely put make-up on now and only for me.

• But I'm mostly feel insecure about my quirky personality and I feel really low when a friend of a friend doesn't like me :/

• My biggest insecurity: I hate the ugly china vase my mom passed down to me. Guests always ask about it and on the surface I laugh but I'm low key depressed af.
    How I counter it: I put a pretty white doily under it where it sits so it doesn't scratch the wooden surface of the counter.

• I have no idea.

But I do get them occasionally.

As for how I deal with it... it depends on what I am insecure about.
    If it is about my hair (example), then I would probably start eating healthier.

• My lack of height but I counter it with heels for days!!!

• I work out... And ignore the rest haha!

• Probably my looks/appearance. I've come a long way with it, but honestly I don't think that I'll ever be 100%. I feel like I'll reach one goal and just find something else to obsess over and pick apart.

• Public embarrassment >.> I'm still learning to counter it hehe

• Ahh my nose.

• Not being good enough for my significant other

• My body, my height and my skin. I exercise quite often , can't really change my height, I've tried everything for my skin but it's still pretty bad

• If ur not under 5' ur alright

• 5'1 I know it's not under 5 but in my country (Sweden) the average height is 5'6 :/

• Aha they are tall people yeah

• My skin. I have mild acne and a serious scratching problem, making it look like terrible acne. I put make up on it to cover it.

Other insecurities are my large nose and small breasts. I counter them by ignoring them and acting happy and by having a great bum as compensation. It seems to work sinceguys are more often interested in me than I am in them.

• I have a large nose and well, big breasts lol

• I think it's worse for you to have big breasts than it is for me to have small ones :p

• This is such a great question!
    Also such a vulnerable one too. I've always been insecure about my appearance. I'm attracted to other races, and occasionally the reason someone will not be attracted to me is based in my skin color or body type, and that makes me feel inferior. I'm insecure about my lovableness in general, because I have an undiagnosed attention/processing disorder that has influenced me to become extremely introverted (as well as slow and inefficient, which makes me insecure at work) as I often cannot understand what other people are saying or what I'm supposed to say or do or even what I am saying or doing and also often stutter when trying to verbalize a thought, so I don't keep friends let alone pursue romantic relationships. As far as how I deal with it, I wish I could just write like this all the time, writing is easier somehow. I write as much as I can to communicate, though dialogue still comes unnaturally to me.

What Guys Said 14

• My biggest insecurity. Mmm. Paranoia of getting shot or otherwise violently attacked or killed. I counter it by constantly scanning of my surroundings with hypervigilance. Although, I can also throw in paranoia of somehow being manipulated or used. I compensate for that by hating everyone and not trusting anyone with anything.

• Does embarrassment count?
    I avoid getting into situations that can result in embarrassment. Kind of limits my activities in life.

• Taking negativitity from others. I honestly hate having other people criticize something that you do constantly! It really bothers me

• My biggest physical insecurity is my excess fat, specifically my man boobs and neck. My little belly and love handles I actually don't mind.

My biggest non-physical insecurity is not doing something that mattered to someone, not making a difference, not living a fulfilled life, etc.

• insecurities are sometims are reason for you to start changing yuor charater.

its not always just in the head... greatest achievers were once and sometimes still very insecure people

insecurities is the most common driving forces

• My ugliness. I've accepted it and just walk around with false confidence.

• Losing I guess by winning

• That I am not living up to my own standards - I am my own harshest judge.

• my biggest insecurity is embarrassment and that i'll never be good enough in my life. and honestly i dont have any way to counter it but i try my best.

• Blushing if a girl flirts.. I don't flirt that often

• My 6969th ab doesn't pop up sometimes, I lift more to counter that

• My genital size. I've chosen to give up on sex, because rejection is too painful.

• Extremely low confidence... I really hate it...

• Bears, particularly Polar bears.

I stay away from places where bears are.

• Again, how is that an insecurity

• Bears make me feel insecure. I am definitely not secure when there are bears nearby.