Ever notice a change in late 20s early thirties peoples behavior?

Ever since my friends turned 30 they cried about all of the things they didn't have. They're single and have no significant other.
I guess there's nothing worse than the reality setting in that either you may never be a parent or you will be a old parent when you actually do have a kid.
The reality of being over 40 and having ur first kid is a painful one.
I didn't understand their distress until now that I am closing in on that age I can now see (they're 32 and 33 now).
I already accomplished some of those things however.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah the changes are real. In your thirties you tend to measure yourslef against the others that are doing better and start thinking about the choices you made. You start thinking more critically and aim for financial stability and a corporate future, dont get me wrong most people do those things in their early 20's but in the 30's that intensifies.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not just about kids. Not everyone wants kids. I don't and never have, but the last couple years before I met my boyfriend I was getting tired of being single because it didn't offer the lifestyle I craved. I am much happier being home most Friday nights watching Netflix and doing yard work on Saturday afternoons than I was partying every weekend. But being single you get lonely if you stay home all the time.

What Guys Said 10

• I've lived 30 years twice. I don't remember much of the first time because it was, um 30 years ago. I don't even remember where I was living. I do kind of remember that I couldn't pretend to be young any more. But I think the second time I live 30 years will really make me think I'm not a kid any more. That'll be in a few months, but at my age I tend to round years by the decade :P

But hey, 30 seems super young. It's barely getting started in life. Everything before that was just preparation and setting the stage for the real thing. That's when life starts. It's the real deal.

Wow, I just realized that in a few months I'll be starting the count for the THIRD time living 30 years. Sounds boring. I'll have to find something exciting to do. I've been wanting to hitch hike from the US down to the tip of S America at Tierra del Fuego. That'll be bitchin'. Just the thing to revive an old fart.

• I'm 29 forever so I don't have those getting old problems. :)

• Woot woot. Time to stop my clock.

• My Candles say 29 Again every year since It was the 1st anniversary of my 29th Birthday, so it is you who choose how fresh and youthful your mind and attitude is. Who wants to be a grumpy old person, go splash in puddles in the rain and climb trees, and play tag and twister and what not, no one says you have to get old, I'm certainly in no hurry, it looks painful. :)

• Yeah I have seen it - For some reason 30 is the crunch birthday - I think it is the final realisation that you are grown up - My 40th was whatever lets go for few drinks to mark it - My 50th will something like this "Yeah it is my birthday today, what age am I? 50, maybe 49 or could be 51, hang on I was born in 1969 (counts on fingers) - Have it 50".
    In Ireland it is slightly different maybe because of property prices but it is the norm not to settle until thirties and have kids. Nearly all my friends with children were in their 30s when they had first kid maybe one or two late 20s and some 40s. I am doing a quick scan in my mind - Definitely no first time parent under 25.

• So different because here in NY a significant amount of first time parents are under the age of 25 (including myself) when I had mine.
      My 2nd will most likely be in my 30s.

My friends get freaked out by not having kids when they r 30

• No way! 40ish is your age range.

• I was joking a bit - If you are referring to dating range I just keep it simple 7 years either side so that is 40 to 54 as a rough guide.

• Most people in their late 20s to their early 30s, mainly change in one way in their mindset:

They actually give a shit about the future, and think more in the long term. Most people in their teens, late teens, early 20s and even mid 20s have a "live in the moment" mentality.

• I think that when you turn 30, you're mature enough to see what do you really want from life.

And, sometimes, to realize you've wasted valuable time with futile things. ;)

• Nope my friends all know what they want... 🍻💰💵

• Im turning 40 in December, Im not happy

• Well, I have my dogs. So I got that going for me...

• Lol they know they're almost dead

• Did you have a break up? You seem to be a depressed off late.

• What gives you that impression?

• But no , I'm not depressed

• If I were I doubt I could be helped here n e way

What Girls Said 5

• Oh wait! I don't want kid! lol Maybe when I am 30 if I feel like it. I would hate to have a baby in 5 years! I want buy everything i want and get a career on something I love. And when I turn 30 if I don't have kids I won't mind! haha I'll just be that girl who having fun! I am not too old until I am like 70 haha!

• i still let people think i'm 19-23.
    why disappoint them.
    i don't think we have to follow any rules.

• Yes some do, myself I'm not into all that poor me. Might be that I found out in my teens I could never have children.

• Yes I have noticed it in people

• I have made my peace now that I'll be single snd with no kids. I'm ok with this