Is 142 a bad IQ score?

is 142 a bad IQ score?

okay guys drop it, got my answer

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i was tested when i was a student and they put me in the gifted program. my score was 131. that must mean you're intelligent.

What Guys Said 18

• You lying fucker, no way someone with 142 IQ would ask something this retarded either that or you wanted to show off you.

• If you have to ask that question I suspect that score isn't yours.

• no i mean i did this test under a psychiatrist observation but latermy friend told me that she got 150 and i wonder if the scale is variable

• PSA- Your friend might be lying, or she is very gifted.

• Bad? Well... it probably makes you more prone to depression. That wouldn't be good. It also makes it more likely that you suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. On the plus side, you're less likely to suffer from obsessive-compulsiveness.

• To all the numbskull haters:

IQ is a test of relative problem solving skill. A high IQ is not a guarantee of a well developed vocabulary or grammar skills. It's not a panacea for laziness or lack of motivation. It's not an indicator of a person's general level of education. It shows nothing but aptitude for certain cognitive challenges.

A person can score highly on IQ tests at a young age before they're able to learn much about what it means. I know that I was given the test in 1st grade for advanced school placement. I certainly had no idea what it meant at the time.

A person may also have the raw skill indicated by a high score, but never have the opportunity or means to apply it or cultivate it.

• In relation to real IQ tests, you're like in the top 1% of the population.

In relation to internet IQ test percentiles, I hate to break it to you, but you're retarded :P

• You know it's not. Sure you aren't asking about your FICO score? :-D

• i mean i did this test under a psychiatrist observation but latermy friend told me that she got 150 and i wonder if the scale is variable

• Google "IQ test range." That should answer your questions and then some.

• For both the Stanford-Binet and Wechsler tests, a score of 142 is in the 99th-99.5th percentiles. If you scored 142 on the Cattell test, which has a higher standard deviation of 24 (instead of the standard 15-16), you're "only" in the 96th percentile of intelligence.

Either way, you're pretty smart.

• If you don't know what it means to be 2 whole standard deviations above the mean, than you don't deserve an IQ of 142.

• That you need to ask suggests that's not your score. Stop eating the paste.

• Depends on the test, lol.

• IQ Scores:
    200 – immeasurable genius

With your score of 142, you fall under the category of "highly gifted".

• It's very good

• are you serious? Einstein was around 160 - 180... the average iq is 100... what do you think?

• Yep it's awful

• You should try the international one.

• Just below Genius level.. very good

• Is that in inches or centimeters?

• Well, considering you keep saying ''i'' instead of I, I'd say the score doesn't belong to you.

You already knew that though.

• its bcoz im too lazy

• whats wrong with typing i instead of I?

• yeah, leave us lowercase lovers alone

What Girls Said 7

• No, that's practically a score of a genius. The average IQ score in America is at 100, as reference.

• Seriously 100? Shit people are dumb.

• @aliceinwonderland69 Oh my lord. IQ is based on average intelligence. A score of 100 IS average, by definition. Whatever the average is, it's rated as 100. Scores higher or lower denote how much a person deviates from the average.

• it's not your score right?

• Nope.

• average

• I'm not to bright & I know 142 is close to being a genius.

• Not at all. It's amazing. You're genius.

• What's up with this recent IQ obsession? Are alleged high IQs the new Turkish?