Is ignorance bliss?

Would you rather be ignorant and be happy or be knowledgeable and depressed?

• Ignorant and happy
  • Knowledgeable and depressed
guys seem to have a "know the problem and deal with it" attitude where girls are more likely to pick ignorant and happy...
i'd much rather be ignorant and happy.
.. bump

Most Helpful Guy

• I seek truth and all but damn, sometimes I wish i didn't know some of the things I know. The other day a friend of mine was telling me that we shouldn't dig too deep and soak up so much so that we don't ruin reality. I feel like I don't relate to many people now and the world looks a little bit grayer. I mean i'm not depressed or anything , optimistic but rational. I don't know, I don't know how to explain it. This had me thinking harder and longer than I should have. Relatability and good people are precious

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignorant and happy, cause other people can deal with the shit and let me be happy

What Guys Said 16

• I choose neither, I'm knowledgeable and without depression, I'm real about what goes on in peoples minds and the world and see practical solutions to problems, I don't need to judge someone for who they are and won't I make judgments based on actions and behavior, I look at facts and understand the reasons behind those facts. I don't sweep nothing under the carpet, I make it known that I know, and go about wanting to solve the issue, why wold I want a woman to be depressed or have low self esteem, she and I both know that she needs to work on herself, so I'm supportive of that. Her feelings are valid always and she is allowed to feel whatever, however when it goes on for too long action needs to be taken to facilitate recovery.

• i would rather know and feel shitty, that way I can get over it and act.

• Ignorant and happy. I would only choose Knowledgeable and depressed
    if i knew there was another life after this

• I don't know, some cases, ignorance is really bliss. Others... Its really better to know, because in the long run, you can only remain ignorant for so long.

• i choose Knowledgeable and depressed

• Knowledgeable and depressed. I'd rather know the truth so that the right course of action can be decided on. Being ignorant and happy can come back and hurt you far worse. What do you don't know can hurt you. You might not know your spouse is cheating, but they can contract HIV from their affair and spread it to you. Would you rather be ignorant and happy, believing that they still loved you and that you were safe? Or would you rather know the truth and deal with the temporary emotional hurt, but in the process avoid contracting HIV yourself? I'd rather know the cold hard truth, rather than a bullshit feel-good lie.

• it is

• Knowledge is power!

• Ignorance is mostly just forcefully ignoring what's right in front of you, So probably not.

• you can be sincerely ignorant, ignorance isn't always intentional.

• Why I said mostly. And even the ones people consider ignorant know a lot more than people give them credit for.

• I'd rather be jacked and strong OP

• No it's not..

• i'd rather know and feel depressed.

• One of the quotes I hate the most. No one should choose to be willful ignorant about anything. That just brings problems for everyone.

• I love knowlodge

• Knowledge is better

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• There are some things I'd be better off not knowing about, but I'd rather know most things than be made a fool of because I was unaware of what was going on right under my nose.

• Ignorant and happy

• I am a naturally curious person. To be ignorant would be torturous. So, I would rather be knowledgeable and depressed.

• Hmmm... tricky question.

Idkkk lol. Being depressed sucks. I'd rather be happy. But I don't want to be blindly happy either.

• Currently I am knowledgeable and depressed, so I would rather have ignorance. I would rather forget everything I have come to know, instead of remembering it for a lifetime.

• Ignorance is bliss 1000%

• I'll be much more content with knowing the truth.

• Knowledgeable and depress doesn't go together.

Ignorance is pathetic.

• Depends on what kind of knowledge, sometimes it is a bliss, but sometimes I'd like to know