Question for religious people, would you entertain the idea that you God (s) brought into being other intelligent life forms?

And sent them prophets or messiahs?

I'm just wondering because when I was a Christian, I honestly thought this to be true because there are 150,000,000,000 billion stars in the universe for every grain of salt here on Earth and at least 1/5th of those are of the kind that can support life. I just couldn't come to terms with the notion that all this was created just for us.

• yes
  • no
  • results

Most Helpful Guy

• There are countless "inhabitable" planets out there, but ours is designed by a Designer for discovery starting with the precise physical relationship between the sun and moon (eclipses let us study the sun and Einstein's theory of relativity) and numerous other conditions such as an abnormally large moon giving us tides and stabilizing earth movements. While I can't know if Earth is unique, places like ours are exceedingly rare.

What Guys Said 25

• Yes he could, but I don't know if he did.
    That doesn't mean I don't believe in other alien life, though!

One line in the Bible that always struck me was "Thou shalt not hold other Gods before me."
    This would indicate to me that there ARE other Gods, who are neither demons leading people falsely, nor being of pure fiction, whom exist, and who we may even think highly of and respect, but who we may NOT praise above God.

So this got me thinking: if God created our world and is lord over it, why would he mention other Gods if they don't have power over our world? The reason that seems to make some sense to me is that they have power over other worlds! We read genesis to mean the creation of the universe. what if it was just the creation of our solar system? what if a different God potentially rules over his own star, and the life in that solar system was the God's creation? If we ever met aliens, and our religions were incompatible, that doesn't mean that that is proof that religion is just a superstition for both of us, it simply means that we answer to different Gods. We may acknowledge the validity of their religion, but it would be sinful to take it as our own, because it would be the worship of a God that has no connection to us (and the same if an alien took a human religion).

It's more a thought experiment than anything I actually believe, but I find the idea intriguing.

• Humans disprove daily that some deity created * 'intelligent life forms'*

• I dnt think God and the devil are beings. They're just the dark and good nature in all of us. Which one wins is the one we live out most in our daily lives. Most people sadly value the darker side of our nature now and don't even know it. Vanity, materialism, greed, selfishness. Those values define a bad person. A good person is the opposite, kind, patient, humble, selfless. They are godly or righteous. To embrace one is to become like rubbish or ash, useless. To embrace the other is to become a beacon of light and to spread hope and love. We're being taught to be evil. That's why the world is as bad as it is. I can't prove it but I've got a feeling life is directly linked to everything in existence and our collective attitude towards each other directly affects everything out there. Science and religion are racing towards a kernel and the lesson we learn there will be shocking I think. We are agents of our own destruction or salvation. Being good is harder than being bad. That's an easy path and many walk it out of ignorance. If everybody was on the same page pulling in the same direction for the sake of love for their fellow man and it's wellbeing I think we'd have the power to crack the universe in half. We're not individuals. We're being taught to be by a greedy society. We're like a hive of bees. A collective conscience like one entity. You can feel it sometimes amongst family and friends, like we're in sync and sharing one soul. Why couldn't we all be connected? Must of us just aren't good enough is the sad fact. The world and all its pitfalls corrupts people like cracked cells in a battery so it gives out less power. A world full of righteous people could bend the whole universe to its will I think. It sounds crazy but I know religion and I know science. I've seen a lot too and some things just can't be explained in a chaotic universe. There's a plan hidden deep inside and we're all part of it. We're just being taught to fight it by the people in charge for their own gain and greed. They're the real barrier to progress and until they're removed the human race can never move forward

• Well no it doesn't state anywhere in the bible that we're the only life forms out there, just the only ones created in gods imagine.

• You know what, I'll get some more hate for this but it needs to be said. NO YOU HAVEN'T PROVEN JACK SHIT! Nor has the other side proven 100% that God DOES or DOESN'T exist... at least not yet. Everyday the 'theories' are evolving and changing. Is there life besides us out there? I'd say yes, have we proven that yet? HELL NO!

It's funny how we humans think that the entire universe revolves around us yet we hardly know anything about the seas we fish and pollute everyday.

If you were to say you know that there is 'NO GOD' or that 'THERE IS A GOD' 100% you'd be a fucking lier! Both are based on faith (Belief).

To be frank... humans would freak the fuck out if aliens truly visited here and would most likely start an intergalactic war from sheer stupidity.

• You know, this question has been asked, and while it is still possible (hey, it is a big universe, right?) it has become more and more apparent just how unique and downright miraculous Earth really is, scientifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGPHF5A6Po

• But that video is so inaccurate. There are not "200 parameters that must be perfectly met" to support life. Life is adaptable. We've shown that life can be grown in Martian soil, if the atmosphere was thicker and warmer it would be habitable. There are two moons (Europa and Enceladus) in our solar system which are very promising candidates for life in our own solar system. Titan would likely be habitable as well if it was as warm as earth, it is believed that early Earth and Titan have some similar features. There are only 200 parameters that must be met if you are looking for an Earth clone. The only parameters that must be met for life to form is: the creation of a self replicating chemical reaction and an abundance of time. There are likely many different types of planets which could support life as we know it, let alone life as we don't know it. Intelligent life is different, we likely won't know if there are other intelligent life forms until one of us shows up in the others star.

• @tyber1 But the other planet would have to *be* an Earth clone to have biochemical / biological life emerge. Your own answer itself indicates that more parameters are needed than the late great Carl Sagan and others presupposed. For example, the planet has to have the right distance, the right size, the right chemistry, the right physics, the right atmosphere, rotate on its axis or one side will be always baking and the other always freezing, but rotating at just the right speed, etc. etc. And Europa, Enceladus and Titan are still too cold and too far away from the Sun.

Now I am not saying that life on another planet *can't* happen--after all, the tiniest fraction of infinity is still infinite, right? Nor am I saying that the Biblical description of how we got here is anything more than metaphor mythology. But even mythology explains a lot about humanity.

And of course, if that other planet is full of trilobite or dinosaur like creatures, they won't communicate back.

• Actually I was arguing that planets and moons that can have develop life are common, and that if the solar system was modelled differently, we'd have more than one life bearing planet. It is likely in my opinion that planets with primitive life forms are fairly common. Enceladus and Europa are only too cold on their surface, which is also devoid of an atmosphere, but they both have confirmed oceans which are believed to be habitable. If so, it's likely that Europa has life in its oceans right now. I'm not so sure about Enceladus, only because it formed more recently. Titan is indeed too cold, but if more than one planet in a solar system can form complex hydrocarbons I'd be willing to say that it's not that rare. I would guess that at least 1 in 30 solar sized stars has life in some form, and that's me being conservative. Intelligent life requires a more narrow range of conditions but we don't know how narrow that is.

• I'm mixed on that. Anything is possible but I think we're exclusive

• in what regard, intelligence or that we received prophets?

• In my faith we did have prophets with Elijah being a well known one. My faith also believes two prophets will be sent sometime in the future. I don't believe these future prophets will be from another planet. I believe they will be sent from the spiritual plane. I believe all was created and built for us. What puzzles me though is evolution there is undisputed evidence it exists. In the teachings of my faith the creation was modern homo sapiens. But what about the other homonids? My faith says created but doesn't say how. My God could've set all this up by creating evolution.

• The larger question is, do you believe in Fate?

• Well if I am building a house for a poor man it won't be really great and if I am building for a rich man it will be a castle
    And the house might differs according to the creativity and the ability of the builder

So when GOD the best designer builds something for us ( his most loved creatures ) I am sure it will be massive and great and complex

Maybe there is another life somewhere and it's reasonable but if not it will till be reasonable to me

• I don't see any problem with that idea. Why not...:)

• I'm spiritual but not religious but an Idea was I heard was that while god created other races, he didn't send them a messiah because they didn't need one because they weren't horrifically violent to each-other, I don't know how I feel about that but its an interesting theory
    Hell the Vatican fully states that intelligent life exists and that salvation would be open to them

• Most religions already do actually even in Islam. They are told in the Quaran that they aren't told everything and if you ever opened up the book the very first page has a weird symbol in it that no one knows the meaning of.

• Yeah I guess the Djinn are already kind of an alien

• But the Djinn aren't from earth right, they live in an alternate dimension right?
      That's an alien but just an extradimensional

• @Waffles731 Yeah they are smoke creatures, but I am talking about like one of the verses saying "I swear by what you see and what you don't see."

• Its possible religion came from advanced races, as they would be considered gods to us

We once thought the earth was flat
    We could walk to the sun when looking at the horizon
    The sun is a god

• It would certainly shake my faith if there were other intelligent lifeforms, if there were bacteria or animals that would not mean anything to me.

• I don't entertain the idea; I accept the existence of extraterrestrials wholeheartedly. I can't wait until we join the confederation of alien systems currently out there.

• Even though I'm not sure how they'd find out about the gospel, but I can see other sentient life forms existing

• Not decided yet.

• based off my study the aliens aren 't aliens
    so no I don't believe GOD created other life on other planets
    but I could be wrong, but no one yet has been able too prove it
    so its up in the air

• I don't know but it's VERY unlikely that we're the only ones

• There's life somewhere in space. Space is too huge that the chance of life out there is very high.

• You're asking if we believe in aliens?

• Yes, I could see that happening, no problem with it.

• Don't feed the trolls.

• I think if people believed hard enough a pack of sardines could be their god.

• I'm not religious, but there sure seems to be life in outer space

"Staggering picture of extra-terrestrial organism is PROOF of alien life, scientists claim"
    www.express.co.uk/.../Aliens-exist-mysterious-picture-extra-terrestrial-organism-proof-life-space

"Area 51 and extra-terrestrial life both exist, says head of Nasa"
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../

"Astronauts find living organisms clinging to the International Space Station, and aren’t sure how they got there"
    www.extremetech.com/.../188479-astronauts-find-living-organisms-clinging-to-the-international-space-station-and-arent-sure-how-they-got-there

Alien Microbes' found Floating in the Stratosphere
    www.natureworldnews.com/.../...ng-stratosphere.htm

As for intelligent alien life... well, there's always the Wow! signal (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Wow!_signal) and the television broadcast interruption in 1977, always said to be a hoax, but I find it somewhat unlikely because of the lenght of the interruption (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Southern_Television_broadcast_interruption)

... there's probably more.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the other beings might be angels. He talks about creatures we've never seen before, I think they exist just as angels in different parts of the universe. I think the reason we haven't found other life is because we can't access the spirit world but when we pass on we'll be able to see them and explore the vastness of space and other places.

• that's funny because most religions believe in other sentient life forms. muslims believe on the unseen society of 'jinns' that can see us but we don't see them. all abrahamic religions believe in angels which have to live somewhere.

• The bible doesn't say that we are the only ones. There is a possibility that there are other beings that are just like us but not enough research has been done to prove it