Am I going to have a future ant attack?

My Yahoo! wasn't working, so might as well come here. About a year ago, I had an ant attack, and I got rid of them with vacuum/ant traps. Now that all is calm, we still have very old ant traps in our cupboard (Not really any little fellas stuck) so I figured this might be a way of telling them to shoo shoo. But, I come downstairs to see a very tiny ant, walking very slowly, like incredibly slow for an ant, towards my door. I killed it, and viciously scrubbed at his grave. Will I need to buy traps again? We have a cleaning lady that comes every week, so I'd suggest our house is pretty clean.

What Guys Said 1

• Something in your home is appealing to them. In a home it's usually sweets though carpenter ants can invade but they're very large and unmistakable. Might need a specialist to determine the species and go from there

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like it's worth it to have an exterminator come out and try to see where they're getting in and if he can spray either the inside or outside of the house.

• Most likely the ants will be back. Our homes are filled with food and ants want to eat, so though you may see one, most likely there are hundreds more waiting in the wings. It has nothing to do with your cleanliness, though of course keeping a clean house will be less inviting to the creatures of the earth, but all it takes is one piece of something left out one night or dropped on the floor and you have ant trails. Replace your traps as they don't last years on end, be vigilant about mopping, sweeping, cleaning, bleaching and hopefully they'll stay away or invest in pest control to come out and spray every few months.