Do you bite your nails?

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically yes, but I wear nail polish all the time to keep me from doing it

Most Helpful Guy

• On occasion. Though it's in the name of last minute upkeep not habit.

IE I'm going on a date and fuck my fingernails are a bit long and I'm already driving to her place sort of upkeep.

What Girls Said 26

• No I don't

• Yeah, I do :(

• I used to be a horrible nail biter. And one day I just stopped. And I don't even remember. I just happened to look at my hands and my nails were longer than they'd ever been. I liked how they looked and became obsessed with polishing them lol.

• I used to. It took me a very long time to break the habit. I have not done so for the past five years.

• I pick my lips, but I've never really been a nail biter.

• I've gotten better about it, but I do at times.

• I stopped biting my nails when I was 6 :P

• No, but I pick at them with my other nails. Also not real good.

• Yes, sometimes. But I really try not to.

• yes :/

• I do I need to stop

• yes some timed till I bleed

• ALL THE TIME! SUCH a bad habit of mine. I should put socks over my hand.

• Lol we can put gloves over your hands instead of socks. Be careful of your nice hands and fingers.

• I will take that into consideration! thank you. But i don't think i can follow through. I just have to find another way :P

• Yes it can be tough and hard to stop. I know people who do it all the time to and I tell them to stop. Bad habits are very hard to stop. But I think you will eventually stop doing it one day. 😀

• Oh god no!

• I used to but not anymore.

• I don't.

• I used to but now not anymore I tend to keep them as long as I can before they brake and keep them long again

• Yeah I do

• just started because of my exams...

• I do it out of nerves.. it's disgusting I know but some people just can't help it.. I do try to stop though lol

• Nope. Never done it, not even as a child. Gross.

• Nah, I never got into the habit of that.

• No it's gross

• No that's gross

• no, i never do it

• Nope

What Guys Said 16

• I've never bit my nails in my whole life. It's so unhygienic and futile activity. People who bite their nails look like that they lack self confidence. So, it's bad and I don't do it. Yay!

• Yes and I fucking hate it. I have since at least first grade (I remember some kid seeing someone else's nail on the ground and saying 'ew who bites their nails' and I got all nervous).
    And I can't freaking stop man.
    Well, I've stopped for a few days now, but my nails are still an uneven lengths, and my thumbs are still susceptible.

• No, hardly ever.

• Yes, sometimes I do

• No - I hate it - I always keep my nails fairly short - If they get long since I don't bite them, they would break on their own accord or catch in something.

• No I dont

• Lol yeah sometimes.

• I've never understood this habit. I've NEVER had the thought of biting a nail, that's just odd af to me, haha.

• I try not to

• I've never had that habit.

• Sometimes

• i stopped when i was like 8...

• Nope

• I don't bite the nails but I bite/pick at the skin around them? Don't know why and I wish I didn't because sometimes I do it until they bleed. I don't know if it's a nervous thing I do or if it's dry skin? I always have though and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to break the habit.

• I would love to paint them.

• Only my toes
    LOL