Do you believe that with age comes wisdom?

I think it depends on your experience, not so much your age. But I know some might disagree and say that the older you get, the smarter you get. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think with experience comes wisdom, and with age, generally, comes experience. With age also USUALLY comes patience, which is a big part of wisdom.

So, usually, yes. But not always.

Most Helpful Girl

• The older you get, the more experiences you can be exposed to. So yes, with age can come wisdom.

What Guys Said 14

• Wisdom comes from the experiences life brings you, and what you choose to learn from them. Age itself brings nothing, but with age there are usually more experiences, but that does not mean that you chooswe to benefit from them.

• Oh absolutely

• That depends upon the individual as it is not universal but it's safe to say in most cases yes that is correct.

With age comes living life, hopefully learning from your mistakes, gaining experience, insight and wisdom.

• Haha, no. With age, people assume you gain experience and insight, but some people stay just as stupid as they were 12 years prior.

• Certainly experience teaches. Not necessarily age, though the older you are the more experiences you have probably had.

• it depends on the person and the experience. because there are some people who just dont learn from there mistakes no matter how many times they make them.

• Not necessarily, if the person remembers the lesson that he should have learnt through his past experiences , then yes otherwise... no

• wisdom comes from experience... can only experience so much in so many years...

so regardless of "how much you've been thru" by age 18, you still haven't experienced much.

• For most people, yes.

• age -> life lesson -> life experience -> wisdom

• Well, with age comes experience. They are kind of related

• No, just have a look at Donald Trump, you'll get to know.

• Not always

• I depends on the person. I've seen people as young as 7 smarter than most adults. And then I've seen full grown adults that are dumber than soap.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's a mixture of age and experience. Some people have experienced a lot at younger ages which gives them certain wisdom. Others have the wisdom from being around for a long time.

• wish it would, my friends are as stupid as they were 5 years ago

• No i was always told that i was to wise or mature for my age. I think it's experience that molds us. Not Age...