I'm scared for my life I have a online stalker?

I dont know what to do this has been going on now for 3 years and I'm so scared up to this point. I "met" this person off YouTube as I was a YouTuber 3 years ago at the time I was 17 years old and he was 39 it started with him leaving comments saying im pretty and he would love to go on a date with me and was there any chance that I would be interested in dating a older guy, at the time I thought his comments was harmless so I replied to a few of them I didn't say "yes" to dates I just responded to him like I did with all my fans on my channel but for 3 years it has got worse I deleted my YouTube channel I deleted my twitter but i still have my facebook account and he talks to me all the time he gets angry if I don't reply he is very creepy he has joked before saying "If i came in to some money I would hire a private investigator to find you so I can take you out on a date" Im very scared at this point I have been to my police department and they said they cannot do anything because its online they can only do something if he actually follows me in real life or attacks me in real life so basically they told me "wait until this man hurts you and then we will see what we can do" Its very easy for them to track the IP address of someone's computer and then send someone round to speak to him but they won't do that. What should I do? I don't know if blocking this person will anger him even more and he might start making fake accounts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how that is not an offence, it is extremely threatening behaviour.

I would recommend doing some research on the psychology of stalkers, it might help you when it comes to how to deal with it. I just googled "psychology stalker".

One thing you could do is download all your Fb data, delete your account, and then wait. Wait a long time. Keep in touch with friends in other ways.

Then after a long time, try to set up a new account if you feel you need it. Maybe use an alias, or a name you know he can't guess. Don't have a shot of you as your profile pic. Set all privacy settings to max.

I'm sorry for you. This situation sucks, and it sucks that our society doesn't deal with it better.

Stay safe.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would block him and get rid of the Facebook account. Maybe you can make up a new one when you feel like it may be safe to.

What Guys Said 7

• Try to ignore and block him he can not be a real threat to you because he don't know where you live just don't let him get any personal information about you all he can do is stalk you online which is annoying I know but that's got to be better then him hanging about outside your home all day

• Okay, first make sure your family know about this,
    Make sure your friends know.
    Check and make sure that the locks on your doors and windows work and if not get them replaced,
    Lock all the doors and windows at night
    If you can afford it get a dog, a medium sized or large size dog are the ones that work, a small dog is useless.
    See if a friend will stay with you for a while or ask one to move in.

• I'd block him and maybe start carrying pepper spray or a taser if you're worried about him trying to do something to you

• Block him
    And chill
    Maybe he'll make fake accounts and stalk you but don't care
    He won't harm you
    by the way does he lives somewhere near you 😶?

• Just don't reply
    Delete messages and block

• I knew girls like this back in the day, disliked the person that much, then the next thing you know they ended up going out with them then getting to really like and marrying them. Myself and others thought wtf. Are you serious what changed?

• go anonymous always

What Girls Said 2

• Block him. If he makes fake accounts, block those too. Keep records of his harassment. Go to the police with the evidence.

• Screen shot everything. I'm going through this Dame thing right now.