Am I the bad driver in this situation?

So today was was driving and this lady behind me was all up on my ass. She didn't give me any space. So then when there was a yellow light I started to slow down to a stop (I did it a little harder than usual because I was going a little fast) and then she slams on her breaks which makes a loud skert noise and smoke. I was looking in my rear view mirror the whole time and saw that she didn't have any facial expression when it happened which lead me to think that she knew that she shouldn't be on my ass. But now I'm starting to think that this was my fault because i was breaking a little harder than I should. I didn't slam my breaks but I put a little pressure on the breaks. So who's at fault here?

• Me
  • Other driver

What Girls Said 1

• Naw you did nothing wrong

What Guys Said 2

• Both, but more her. You shouldn't drive fast then slam your breaks on because you could cause a crash, however she shouldn't be up your ass so if she did crash into the back of you she'd be held responsible, because that would have happened anyway if you'd had to slam your breaks on to avoid a crash yourself.

• The onus in most countries is on the following vehicle to maintain a safe distance. So it's her fault.