Have you heard this sound of silence cover?

i can't stop listening to it. its amazing.

my friend said the lead singer was told he couldnt sing anything but screamo and was challenged to do a different genre. i can't find any record of that, but i used to listen to them as a teenager and the song i know them for is down with the sickness, among others.

anyway, this sound of silence song is so damn good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh i much prefer the original, but this is a good version none the less.

Most Helpful Guy

• It IS a very fine cover! Of course it doesn't hurt that he's covering one of the finer examples of songwriting in modern history. For example, I doubt he'd have similar results reformulating the musings of a Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, BeyoncĂ©, etc. Which of course brings us to the fact that no true "reformulating" is possible. The somber tone is irrevocably set by the subject matter - the JFK assassination - and no deviation is possible. This brings me to the place where people of my vintage always end up; "what the hell happened to popular music?"

What Girls Said 2

• I've been hearing it on the radio and I have to say I really like it!

• I prefer the original, but this is pretty good. Thanks for sharing!

What Guys Said 3

• People think Disturbed is "screamo"?

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Fucking hate how ignorant the world is about metal. A shitload of metal singers can sing cleanly like this.

And even "screamo", a. k. a. metalcore singers often have parts in their songs that are completely clean vocals.

• Metal is very certainly an underrated genre. Of course I am a die-hard Cream fan, and they did invent "metal".

• @palek So, when you first heard Cream, you thought, "Whoa this is heavy metal."

• Cream invented HEAVY METAL. Check the dates. Bill Ward was a Baker wanna-be as was Iommi and Butler. No contest. And vocally, say no more!

• I typically don't like anothe band doing a cover of one of my favorite groups but he booted this b! tch. Disturbed being a heavy metal group or Grundge band this is quite the surprise. Thanks for sharing it man , very pleasantly surprised

• Really good.
    by the way onion, y u so sad?