How should the west try to limit the massive amount of population boom in Asia and Africa?

How do we stop these people from causing this crisis?

0|0
1|2

What Girls Said 1

• African and Asian one child policy lolz

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It depends a bit what you define as Asia but south east and especially east Asia actually have very low fertility rates. The fertility rates of South Korea, North Korea and Japan are all extremely low, lower than those of Canada and the US. China's rate is also very low but that has to do with the one child policy of course. And Taiwan's rate is also very low.
    Africa on the other hand does indeed have very high fertility rates.

Generally speaking, there are two reasons for high fertility rates: lack of sexual education and poverty. If you don't understand family planning, you will naturally not care much about it. Poverty is perhaps even a bigger reason because many Africans feel like they're forced to have a lot of children. Just like Europeans 200 years ago, Africans think "if I'm old, I need enough children to feed me and work my land".
    Thus, there are two things we need to do to decrease these fertility rates: provide wayyyy more sexual education and get rid of poverty.
    Now, the second thing is certainly much more difficult than the first one. If you want to get rid of all this extreme poverty in the world, you naturally need to do something against all the social inequality. Poor folks can only become a little better off if the richest people on this planet are willing to become a little poorer. This of course includes you and me. Unfortunately however, all the rich countries on earth do the exact opposite. On the surface, they send aid to Africa while behind closed doors, we rob them of their land, their resources and their natural products. We have established protectionist trade policies so that African farmers cannot sell their products on our markets. We don't have slavery anymore as an official thing but economically, we still keep Africans are our slaves. Instead of producing our tshirts and sneakers ourselves, we order children in Ghana or in Bangladesh to make them for us under miserable conditions so that we can later pay 40 bucks for a pair of shoes. If we want change, we are the ones who have to make it. But that won't happen sadly. Way too many people here in Europe and in North America don't understand how influential their actions are and they don't care about the world wide gap in social and economic inequality. And because of that, Africans will continue to have tons of children.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm cool with more Asians, but the earth doesn't need more Africans. Africa is a sh-thole now, and it will be in 50 years too. The difference is, in 50 years Africa will have 2.5 times the population it does now. That means we have 2.5 times more unattractive Africans beginning the west for monetary, and humanitarian aid. If they just didn't have kids to begin with then we wouldn't have starving kids over there, and then we wouldn't be putting billions of euros into that black hole we call Africa. I say we bomb them with a bomb filled with condoms and force them to wear condoms during sex. If that doesn't work we just cut off all aid and let them figure it out for themselves. As nature has proven time and time again, in a place where an organism can't find food the population of that organism will naturally decrease, if we stop our aid and basically blockade all of Africa they will eventually stop having kids when they run out of food.

0|0
    0|0