How can someone who was once in love with someone completely stop caring about them?

I don't get how this happens. How does someone get to that point of indifference?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible, provided they have done something very very wrong and so much so that they only dislike you now. However if you really loved someone, then those feelings can never go away, that person never leaves your head, hence they may learn how to deal with their feelings.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in love only twice in my life and both times it didn't end well. It tears me apart sometimes just thinking about how much I used to care and adore these guys. Love and hate are very close together and to get over someone it's better to believe that they are jerks to not fall back again.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think they were ever truly in love with them from the start and tried or just pretended then they get tired of the act

• I look at it like this , any relationship that isn't mutually nurturing is like a lit fuse , it will burn on for so long before it burns out. no exceptions , some burn longer than others

• I think when a person tell their mate what they and it still don't happen then, that can take some love out. If they continue to tell a person and they argue about it at times then, that will cause a person to not believe in a change and sometime a person will move on even if they do love that person because they believe thats what is best for them.

• with love, wish the person well even after separation

• Hurt a person enough and it doesn't matter how much they loved you, they won't even want to be in the same room with you.

• 1. They never cared
    2. They simply just move on and find some way to dull it. In this case, the feelings never really go away, you just learn to manage it to the point it doesn't come through anymore.

• I think it would be more out of anger than anything else

• Just hurt someone enought and be rude to him/her.

What Girls Said 1

• Love that is not nurtured eventually dies.