Christians, what if?

christians, if an agent of god were to come down to your church to deliver the message that you must each sacrifice your first born to the lord, would you obey?

Updates:
the agent of god is a winged angel with heavenly light and such.

0|0
2|12

Most Helpful Girl

• cut to the chase and spare us the biblical allusion. you hate christianity? big deal we dont care bye.

1|4
    0|0
    • na it's genuine question. i'm not christian and don't really get it. so i'm trying to understand the nature of "faith".

• Show All
    • oh, great story. well in those days, the law was harsh. very harsh. that’s all that the OT is about pretty much. a lot of it is in 1 and 2 kings as well. anyway, the basic idea was anyone unrighteous must die. that’s why god gave samson strength. that’s why god was with david. that’s why god was with saul when he killed agag, as shown in samuel 15.

that’s the mindset people have now. they think god is STILL like that, over 2000 years later AFTER he came and AFTER he died for u and me and AFTER he rose lmao. i find it hilarious because people are still stuck on those times. THAT’S WHY HE CAME to begin with! do you know that saul began to turn away from god even after god blessed him with victories? did u know that even saul ended up dying an unrighteous man? he actually committed suicide. so he’s a good example of not every righteous man having a free ticket to heaven.

• a priest gave us this nice example. say ur a father and u have 2 sons. one is 5 and the other is 15. will u discipline them the same way? think of the OT and NT as the difference in ‘age’ and in thinking between people. God’s dealings with them is very different, NOT contradictory. that’s where people get confused.

good questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this is what happened to Abraham. I would not. God would understand.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 11

• Well god did instruct Abraham to sacrifice is one and only son as a test of his faith but right before he was about to do it, god said stopped and spared the boy because the testament of Abraham's faith was shown.

Also FYI the lord would never actually have us sacrifice our first born children, especially since children are gods most precious thing, he love them, and even states there is a special place in hell for those that kill them.

1|0
    0|0
    • well the point is that abraham didn't know that, i'm not sure that i would agree, scripturally speaking, that he wouldn't. think of job, or the genocides of sodom and gomorrah.

• Show All
    • yes very true, infact god's armies did that a lot didn't they

• @Jackblue Yeah I'll give you that there may have very well been no children in the city, of course we don't know for sure to be honest the bible doesn't specify only he knows.

• You think you are being clever but you aren't. If you have something to say then say it. Only a pussy beats around the bush like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • what? i asked a direct question, that you avoided answering...

• It is a false God who wishes to have sacrifices of a pure newly first born boy, so NO!

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact you even ask such a question shows how little you know and understand Christianity. Just because someone believes in more than the things he can see, touch or smell doesn't automatically make them raving psychopath.

0|0
    0|0
    • what does that mean your answer is?

• Show All
    • Unyielding faith despite everything and complete trust. Kinda like watching you childing dying and believing there's a good reason for that, a lesson to be learned and that no matter what happens you will see him again. Or refusing to betray your belief with risk to your life and great suffering.

• imagine a parent telling their child to kill his baby sister and waiting until he has the hammer above their head before saying it was all just a test.. that's horrific!!
      literally true or not, why would you worship something uses this as a tool to demonstrate their benevolence, and to state how sure you must of your allegiance to it. betray away i say

• We would do so, but we would expect that he would stop us like he stopped Abraham from killing Isaac.

0|0
    0|0
    • but the point of abraham's (almost) sacrifice was that he didn't expect to be stopped. if he did surely the gesture would have been insincere?

so would you obey until the last second or would you continue as commanded?

• I would obey to the last second.

• hm, ok. thankyou for the honesty.

• "Dang... God really does have an ego and is sadistic"

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • It would clearly be a false prophet described by Jesus.

0|0
    0|0
    • well in this scenario it isn't.

but as a side question, if an angel appears before you with wings and heavanly light and such, why would you be more likely to assume that it was false? (also do you mean like a demon?)

• okay so whats the issue

0|0
    0|0
    • just answer honestly.
      no issue

• Show All
    • no sons of god does not refer too man that's why I said study your history it refers to fallen angels,
      and Nephilim means fallen ones, now me I believe the bible but like I said you gotta study your history you hear stuff like this in ever culture it's not just the bible, its in plenty of other books and writings of the past, it's all over the ancient alien series also there's 9 seasons, but instead they replace god and angels with aliens, some of them believe aliens created the planet earth I think that's stupid but hey that's what they believe

I told you, your relating giants to people stop doing that it's dumb, cause I promise if there where giants around today they would try to kill you

there's plenty of stories and fossils of bones too show that at some point in time there where giants on earth and the best evidences we have are the writings of the past, bones, and a few other things so yes killing there kids was the best choice

• Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • The secret all the Abrahamic religous worshippers are scared of is that they worship Lucifer as GOD.
    The Sumerian versions of Genesis. The original version says as much.

0|0
    0|0
    • isn't lucifer just made up in the insane ramblings of revelations?

• Show All
    • We are multidimensional. But we are locked into 3rd density here by what is described as frequency traps and veils. It can be overcome but is extremely difficult. The elites who practice the secret kemetic magic like to keep these practices hidden for those purposes.
      I believe its very relevant to Christianity because the sumerians religion is the source material for the Abrahamic religions.
      The Enuma elish has the original version of genesis, the garden of eden, adam an eve, Noah and the flood, the tower of babel and so on.
      Their views on it however where completely different than what it was later morphed into.
      They worshipped this annunaki as Gods but presented them as very real flesh and blood alien visitors/occupiers

• i'm assuming you mean lucifer in a medieval fanfiction "the devil" "enemy of god" sorta way, so he's mashed up with the "satan" and the snake etc.
      but you just said that the 'anunaki' represent god in the bible.
      so 'the devil' and the god are the same alien... are you just making this up on the spot?