Why are people afraid of Satanists?

Watch these 3 videos , and read theses rules please and tell me what you think :

http://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-sins.php

http://www.churchofsatan.com/eleven-rules-of-earth.php

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Christian but these things don't bother me. Just how I chose my religion, other people have the freedom to choose their own religion. And Satanists don't scare me actually. I remember a guy in my English class in high school sat right behind me. It was close to winter break and I asked him if he was excited for Christmas. Right then I learned he was a Satanist. It was an awkward pause for a moment lol, but it's not like I changed my views on him. He was very kind to me, as I was to him, but our religions just weren't the same that's all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the word Satan is good enough to make Christiana run for their crosses.
    Who cares anyway? If the choose to be dumb, let them be dumb.

What Girls Said 1

• Instead of subscribing to the satanists propaganda, why not just practice atheism and let there be no confusion?
    Unless of course you just want to stand out as a controversial, self indulgent individualist.

• i am an atheist, and as such i do research before i offend people... and now I realize that Satanists have nothing to do with the stereotypes that people have... they are very reasonable and their rules are pretty much the basic education i received (except 1 or 2 exceptions)

• i do, it is by shocking the general public that you mark people...

• I think you'll ultimately find that to be a long and lonely road.

What Guys Said 9

• Didn't watch the videos but have read quite a bit on the subject.
    Probably because the name is misleading and is not a good label to describe what Satanists actually believe.

Yes I understand that they are inspired by Satan's hedonistic ways but by including the name Satan in the religion's name makes it sound evil which it is not.
    At least the type I read about sounded surprisingly very sensible and the type of religion I would want to be a part of if I had to be religious. I think it's LaVeyan Satanism and actually sounds very intelligent.

• 0|0
  • 😂 because satan

• Grow up and maybe you will be less of a douch-bag.

• real satanist
    kill
    and do demon summonings
    this video here is a joke

• I'm scared to click

• First of all - Atheism is a lack of religion, whilst Satanism is a religion. therefore, LaVeyans contradict themselves. Why would those alleged "Atheists" ever name their philosophy after a Biblical character? It makes no sense.
    Second of all, Satanism is a symbol of evil, no one likes them, including Pagans, Pantheists and other ancient beliefs.
    Third of all, I'm an Atheist, but I don't need any mythological figures to represent my lack of religion.

• Okay, I know that Satanists (in this context) are atheists... But why use Satan as your image and cry when people shun you?

• well if you looked at the videos, you should know that they call themselves Satanists originally it was to piss off Christians ;)

• Well, then they deserve the crap they get. Live and let live, bro.

• Satanists don't bother me as much as Stanists. That Stan is a real asshole.