How often do you tidy up your PC?

I'm one of those people who just saves tons of stuff on the desktop or keeps files in the download folder or other places even if I know I don't need them anymore (same with software) and then from time to time I just drag everything in a new folder to make it look clean, lol :P

On my big PC it's much worse than with my notebook for university where I try to keep everything a bit more organized... but it still was overdue so I took the time today to go through everything. Took me quite some time but I freed over 50% of my SSD 👍

I always plan to do it regularly like once a month or so... but then I'm too lazy and just let it pile up until it gets too much again :/

• Never, I keep my PC always tidy
  • Never, my PC is always a mess
  • At least once a month
  • Every couple of months
  • Once a year
  • Whenever it gets too much or I need disk space
  • I don't have a PC :'(

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• My PC is a junkyard. But its good as no one can ever understand shit except me Lol.

What Girls Said 17

• Was too lazy to organise and delete all my shit on my laptop so I bought a new SSD drive for my Mac 😅😅 I didn't really have much of a choice cause my Macbook was only 200gb something and I was constantly getting notifications that there was no space left. 😑

• I literally only make an effort to filter out the trash when I have so little disk space that my macbook keeps notifying me lol my poor, poor macbook..

• mine is 2 years old. Never done that shit XD

• I always keep it organized. I can't stand a bunch of unnecessary things on it.

• If it gets messy, it doesn't stay like that for a long time. Maybe 2 weeks max. I like things clean and organized in my computer, but sometimes I get lazy too :p

• I clean it physically once a week and software wise once a month :D I need my PC in tip top shape.

• I don't like when my PC gets cluttered, so I organize my files a lot. I like to know where everything is at.

• me too but only for the important stuff... everything else... meh

• Shoulda put a smiley face with "I don't have a PC"

#MacBookForTheWin :)

• A macbook is a pc too... lol

• I can't... I'm computer scientist :P

There used to be times where Macs used a different architecture (PowerPC), but those times have been long gone. The only difference between a Mac and any other regular PC is the software it runs, and that's it. Other than that, things like price, design, availability and all the other things that are listed on that site have nothing to do with it.

"A personal computer (PC) is a general-purpose computer whose size, capabilities, and original sale price make it useful for individuals, and is intended to be operated directly by an end-user with no intervening computer time-sharing models that allowed larger, more expensive minicomputer and mainframe systems to be used by many people, usually at the same time."
      It doesn't matter if it has OSX, Windows or a Linux distribution on it running.

I've had a Macbook Pro for 4 years myself, so I'm not one of those Apple haters. It just hurts reading comments like this :P

• Fair enough. I guess it's all about the context in which the word is used. But technically, all of them are personal computers. 🙋

• once a year maybe lol
    when it starts crashing lol

• I save tons of bookmarks... or bookmark tons of webpages..

I think I clean up when I click on the bookmarks and get overwhelmed when I realize I don't have time to go through every one of them

• F so basically when i literally have to lol

• I clean my PC about once every 6 months or so

• when it gets slow

• if you use an SSD then that doesn't really happen anymore

• I use a lap top

• you can still use one :P
      I had SSDs in my last 3 notebooks. never ever one without

• Just whenever I feel like it. So maybe every couple of months.

• I try to remove unnecessary stuff from time to time but it always runs of of memory

• Every couple of months or so.
    Sooner if the need arises.

• my pc is always tidy cause I use the pc of my boyfriend for doing messing stuff

• hahaha always good... but I wouldn't let my girlfriend use my PC :p

• He let me using it cause I can't play video games on mine :)

What Guys Said 18

• i keep it real tidy.

50TB of porn is difficult to manage

• *DooMguy solemnly shakes head* you should take care of you PC man, they aren't machines they're. . . . almost human.

Yeah, I vote A, I don't really have a lot on there. To clean up would take about 10 minutes

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• im the type of dude that simply waits till his desktop is fully filled with crap,
    suddenly realizes it (when its already too late) and decides to create a new folder and name it something like "Desktop 1, 2, 3.. ect" realizes that there is no room to do this so takes a look at what to throw in the trash to make room for a new folder (this takes about 5 min if not more..)
    when thats done, i simply select everything on my desktop (except the trashbin and the "my computer" shortcut plus the new created folder)
    and throw everything into that folder.

i never wanted to say this but, im a happy organized guy again :D

• Tidy up as in having anything sorted? I do that already anyway the moment I save files. Tidy up as in making sure it runs smooth depends on how you define tidy-up. I usually use monthly defragmentation, AntiVirus software and cc-cleaner. I install everything from scratch once every 2 years.

• for me it's both... but usually everything runs smooth anyway, my main PC is a pretty beasty machine and even my notebook, you don't really notice it anymore when using SSDs. It's the best upgrade you can make

• I am too lazy to overdo it. Every 2 years is enough. Usually smoething breaks down in that time anyway and I do it together while changing the part. Last year had to change CPU + Mainboard + RAM so it worked fine. Dont really have the newest, best PC anyway since I barely play any straining games except maybe buying Witcher 3 sometime this year. Dont need a super PC for CS:GO, Dota2 or Hearthstone or some classic emulator games

• i'm playing cs:go on an fx 6300 oc'd to 4.4ghz w/ a geforce 9300gs and 4gb ram

smooth 150fps on 1024x768 w/ low settings.

• Almost once a week or once in 2 weeks!

• Ha, I thought you meant actually dust out your PC, I've got dust filters on mine I clean every few weeks and a couple times a year I give the inside a good cleaning.

My desktop is always clear except for the recycling bin, it's very organised.

• Depends on what. I keep it pretty tidy but things like e-mail and favorites list, I'll clean them up whenever the mood strikes and they become too cluttered. That's more online clutter I guess then PC but I view it as the same in my head lol

• i never have anything on my desktop. my downloadfolder only has the last file i donwloaded. i always delete shit i don´t need anymore or safe it to the respective folder.

• never..

storage is too cheap that it's essentially a waste of time,. occasionally i'll delete big install files... and i keep the biggest space hog (porn) on my platter drive.

• I prefer tidy mess.

• I am almost OCD when it comes to organizing files on my computer. I have to have everything in its proper place, because I don't want to spend much time looking for something.

• I thought you meant something along the lines of dusting it out :P

Anyways I 'organize' as I go, so to most people it'll look chaotic but for me It's a breeze to sort through my files :P

• after every couple of months.

• its a monthly ritual i like to do like spring cleaning every month :)

• Heck, I never do.

The things I download are movies and tv shows and those I then transfer onto an external hard drive

• I'm a computer programmer and a college student so my PC is always perfectly organized.

• Yeah I'm like that too, I live on my pc 24/7 but I'm too lazy to tidy it. I've had it for almost 4 years and never really tidied it properly, now it's just so messy I know I'll never get round to it

• eh no could never wait that long lol... usually I reinstall after 2 years or so anyway.

• no, because there are so many hidden files and other shit you can easily clean... it's all about being prepared. set up you pc with everything and clone the clean setup to a cheap usb stick you keep for that. if you then do proper backups you can completely reinstall and recover your data in 1-2 hrs. you can clean your pc for the whole day and you won't get the same result.

but whatever you prefer ;)

• There are many hidden files I want to keep too. I have so much stuff on my pc and it's in all over the place, I'd have to find everything I want to keep, but worse still I'd have to decide what to keep. The only way would be to make a complete backup, then just take the stuff I need from there as I need it, which is fine but it wastes an external hard drive

• I have a mac. PC sucks 😄
    And I tidy up now and then