How accurate is this statement in your opinion?

"The moment I was born, my name, home, cultur, and religion were chosen for me. And through out my life I've been fighting for things I never chose."

And if someone would kindly rearrange the words into something more intellectual while maintaining the meaning, I'd appreciate it. Don't trust my English. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe the programming parts of childhood yes I totally agree. But once a person is out from under the care / roof of the influence of our raising we become independent to know ourself enough to decide is that the person we want to be
    I was raised under a roof that for the most part was of a racist culture. I was in no way ok with that mind set, I bit my tongue on more than one occasion so to avoid the hassle confrontation within the family ; as mentally it drove a wedge. The wedge has solidified over the years. My sibling by my views are wrong and that's on them , I held my sence of values that I've always had. I don't care what differences a persons skin came in , I am hoping this Person wanted to keep what ( programming in a sense ) was chosen for him , or did they choose to accept.

• its more of the things that you can't change rather than decisions that you can make. Name, cultur, race, origins. And you'll always come across people and individuals who will hate and harass you for having such things, things you never chose, but will always defend. I guess the moral I'm trying to deliver in that statement is; no one chooses when, where, and how they are born. In those terms we are all equal, and we should strongly reject any form of discrimination.

• Dude that is true. Those thing are pretty much foretold before the idea of us was lol

• Thanks dude

What Girls Said 5

• Well, this might be accurate in some cases, but not for everybody.
    There's people who don't have a home or a culture, some don't have a religion.
    Some people were born under these conditions.
    And if by fighting for things I never chose you mean, trying to reach your goals in life, then I would say this part is very accurate.

• "i was born into a world where all of the things i "believed" in were already decided for me such as my culture and religion. i've been fighting for things that are mine by default not by choice"

i like this quote but we can choose our religion.

• Birth is pain,
    Life is pain,
    Death is pain,
    It's all the same.

• Someone suffers from depression huh?

• @Riggers no, lol. Just song lyrics. Your quote just reminded me of it. Yes, we are born into this world & it does seem like we had no choice & everything was decided for us. I on the other hand believe that there are ' higher entities' (God, spiritual... call it what you will) that are beyond this worldly world and I look at it differently. Do you think that maybe WE decided this before WE became a part of this world. Cuz I truly feel that we have old souls and certain things happen in life that can't be explained without feeling if you tried people will look at you like you are schizo.

• Agreed!! 👏👏

• No, other then my name of course lol.

My home, no. I'm thinking about moving to Japan. Cultur, eh... Religion, I am using the one I was born into, but even if I had the chance to change religion, I never would, because its been proven for me

What Guys Said 3

• Your English is fine, and the words good enough to say what I think you ask.
    I think that it is that way , when we are young, and children.
    Later, when grown, we can CHOOSE what to believe, and OUR OWN way to live.
    It is good to respect your parent's ways, and what they taught to you, but you can CHOOSE for YOU, when you are grown!!

• I think I understand your point. So many things happened at birth. (And you are fighting those things.)

In relation to myself, I would say that is somewhat accurate. It is not like I actively go around fighting those things, but I do try to point out the flaws of such predicaments. Honestly, some things are not worth the time. And having no identity or label can be a crime, illegal, or frightening to people.

• Don't be in for long time son, be in for good time - Messiah 69 B. C