I'm a tall guy and I don't like my height, what should I do?

I'm 6'1.5 and I don't like it. Everyone is shorter than me and every time I pick something up or I bend down my back hurts. My legs are too big for a lot of beds and the list keeps going on and on. Please don't tell me that girls like tall guys, they don't. I don't give a fuck about what people like. I don't why my parents got married when they know that their kids will be taller than most people. I'm so glad that I'm not taller than this. I don't know how people taller than me can survive especially the women.

• Learn to like it
  • That's too bad
  • This is ridiculous
  • The struggle is real
I wish I was 5'11 I hate this
How come it's okay for girls who are 3 to four inches below average to complain about how short they are? But it's not okay for me to do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• My soon-to-be boyfriend is about 6'2 while i'm 5'5 and he deals with it so yahh

What Girls Said 12

• One of my exes was 6'3 and I loved it. I'm 5'5 and I do like taller guys, at least 6'0.. I like being able to fit under their chins when we hug.

• it beats being 5'0

• At least you can fit inside a bathtub and you get to live longer. It lowers your risk of cancer. Less likely to break bones because of the lower center of gravity which means better balance. Every problem can be solved by a ladder. Big deal.

Damn people are so stupid for not realizing the benefits of being short. But every adaptation, being tall included, has a cost. Oh well.

• Well exercise more and stfu

• lol point taken

• Lol wth 6'1.5" isn't even that tall I've seen plenty of guys in Korea and Japan that were even taller than that 😂😭

• So if a girl is 5'1.5, she isn't even that short because there are girls even shorter than that? 10 percent of men are taller than me and 10 percent of women are shorter than the 5'1.5 girl. I had to throw that out there because so many people on here are telling me that 6'1.5 is not that tall?
      The average height of a man in Korea is 5'9 so it's pretty close to 5'10 which is the average in America. Maybe taller men grab your attention more. They are more noticeable in a crowd anyways.

• Five percent of women in the US are taller than you. There are girls who are 5'11 to 6'6. They're so common in college volleyball and basketball teams. Especially in the WNBA. You would feel short next to them and then you would know that they are the 1 percent of this planet. You are not a giant who is like seven feet tall. There was a woman, in the library, who was more than 10 inches taller than me and she probably had the disease gigantism.

Yes you are right. Maybe there are other things I should be more worried about. At least we are not handicaps or hospitalized or something.

• And now please give the speech you just typed in so passionately to yourself, you need it way more desperately.

• Well, I guess the only thing you can do is accept it. You can't change your height, so you should embrace it.
    Some men wish they could be tall like you. And it's true, girls do like tall guys.

• I'm tall for a girl. I'm 5'9-5'10. I can relate. Tbh I think girls would rather have a tall boy then a boy wanting a tall girl

• If you are a woman, the male version of you would've been five inches taller and if you are a man the female version of you would've been five inches shorter. If you were a man you would've been 6'2 to 6'3. Imagine being 6'2 to 6'3 man and trying to ski down a mountain or whatever it is that a shorter person would've had no trouble with. If someone said "but girls like tall guys" to you at those moments, you probably would've said to yourself "I don't give a fuck about what girls like at this moment." I'm glad you are one of the people here who can relate to me. Everyone here thinks I'm trolling, but that's because they don't know what it's like to be tall. Especially the short people. So they have no right to minimize my issues when I don't try to minimize theirs.

• Your short for the tall category of males

• Thank you

• Okay…well that's too bad, I guess. You're just going to have to deal with it. Unfortunately they haven't developed a body shrinking machine yet.

• You know you're not that tall, right? AMD there's nothing you can do to change your height I believe so you'll have to get used to it or ask a physiotherapist, I dunno.

• Thats tall, but not too tall. Learn to live with it. I mean, you can't really change your height. Im 5'1 and and I wish i was taller, but like what can I do lol. Heels can only help so much.

• Come on. 6.1 isn't even that tall.

• Um only 5 to 10 percent of men are taller than me but yeah I'm not really tall.

• I meant, there are guy that are REALLY tall like 6'6 or something, but my brother is your height and he never complained about back aches or about standing out too much in a crowd. 6'1 is the ideal height for me tbh. A lot of guys would kill to be as tall as you.

• do you know how many girls would drop their pants for you because of your height? you were blessed. 😂

• Lol my guy's taller than you, almost 6'3. Embrace it.

• You aren't even tall for a guy. Yeah since I know someone who's 6'1, it can be hard at times. And as for girls not liking tall guys, they do. Or at least I do. Would you rather be 5'2 and not be able to reach anything, or would you rather be 6'1 and get the girls and be able to reach stuff?

• It is tall considering the fact that about 10 percent of men are shorter than me

• Thank you

• You're welcome

What Guys Said 11

• Dude, Thats like the ideal height to be. Girls love tall guys. Do you realize guys who are 5'9-5'10 have to earn an additional 10-20k per year to be as attractive as a 6ft tall guy like you. In addition to that you're more respected and more likely to get promoted.

• Your either trolling or retarded
    2static.fjcdn.com/.../c38dd8_5754401.jpg

• Dude, I'm the same height (187cm). And life is good. I'd be the same if I was 197cm or 167cm. Something so subjective shouldn't really be a handicap, unless you belong to the extremes.

• You're not tall LOL.
    Tall is like 6'7 , 6'8
    6'1" 5 is alright.

Well maybe it's nation specific but not tall at all.

• 6'8 is gigantic there is hardly anyone that height.

• Lol. Cheers to being the 'perfect' height then.

• Only five percent of the girls in America are over 5'10. 5'10 and 5'9 is not short for a man, it's pretty damn average. That chart was definitely created by an ignorant person who needs glasses.

• Dude women love 6'1-6'2 dude are you kidding me? its fucking hot-tall but not awkward-tall

• Ok there drama queen get over it.

-With love from a 6'3 guy...

• Dude you're 6'1.5". If somebody saw your complaint without seeing your actual height, they'd think your like 7'6"

• you're complaining with 6'1? -_-

that's not even that tall... I'm 6'5" <_<

• But don't you wish you were shorter? At least some times.

• yeah I do but I wish to be 6'1"-6'2"

• Not exactly tall

• I'm 6 ft 6 brah I feel ya

• ur kidding. would u rather be 5'5" lol

• Hell yeah. Who cares what people think? There are men of that height who have wives and are successful.