Do you laugh when someone trips/falls down in public?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends... On the fall.. Depends on the person too..

If it's someone I know... I laugh more..

My friend fell down the stairs when I was in high school...
    There was a noodle soup spilled on the second step to come down, we didn't see it, she stepped on it and bam bam bam allll the way down... I couldn't stop laughing and I wanted to ask her if she was "ok"? But I couldn't... Every time if tried to talk, the laughing would get worse!!

Then another time.. My history teacher fell off of those stairs as well.. But he was super fat and big... So it was more funny but also more sad.. Cause he was old.. But I helped him pick up all his stuff.. D:

My mother fell while crossing the road... I looked back and she's there with a stick in the floor.. There's cars everywhere but they had red light so hey are just stopped.. mAnd I said "why are you siting there on the floor?" And she said "sitting? I fell!! Come help me" and I started laughing so much!! I couldn't help her... And I didn't even see her fall, but just when she said it, it was just so funny 😂😂😂

Anyway!!! I suppose if it's something more severe of an fall I wouldn't laugh...
    But than again I don't know... I just remmebered something awful...
    My father fell off of a truck... And the bone on his forearm was sticking out... It was hurtful to see, yet whenever I would take a glance at it, I couldn't help it but laugh.. A lot!!! And he was in pain... So i was sitting there at the hospital trying not to look at him... And the people were looking at me weird... Cause ats crazy!!

I'm awful 😭😭😭

Most Helpful Guy

• I try not to but sometimes I can't stop myself from laughing

What Girls Said 19

• Depends.

If it's a funny tumble, then of course. But sometimes people fall over in a plain boring way.

Some falls are funnier than others. I have fall standards, you know.

• I'm a champion! I once fell in the staircase at 3am , a complete flight, took off face first and landed on my back on the next floor. Lucky to survive it.

• Unless it's a close friend, I try not to and also sometimes ask the person if they're ok (if they fall next to me or in front of me)
    Now with friends... A few weeks ago one of my closest friends tripped on a giant cement block and literallu stood on her hands for a second lmao. I was actually worried but then she started laughing her ass off so I did too

• Yes. But, this is me usually laughing at myself because I'm always trippin'.

• Same here. :)

• But I got a call at midnight from our 75 yo Danish neighbor: she had fallen out of her bed and wasn't able to get up again. Wheighs a healthy 180 lbs I guess.
      Happily I was still at the computer thus we went upstairs to play the Saint Bernard role.
      www.dog-learn.com/.../saint-bernard-u2.jpg

I didn't laugh at all. (I feel it will happen again)

• I feel bad but I think it's almost impossible not to laugh, you know? There's just something really funny about people falling.

• No, I never do that. I don't understand why people think it's funny. It makes no sense to me.

• To me I find it a bit immature to laugh about those kinds of things.

• @Applefan1 You did the right thing. I probably would do the same.

• Yes, well it fall at my foot so I stood on it to stop it blowing away and then picked it up. It was just best for me to do it.

• No, I get very concerned for their safety

• Like no...

• Yeap. Can't help it. I usually just try to hide it because I don't want them to say I'm an insensitive bitch.

• lol yes

• Yeah but only out loud if its my friends.

• Sometimes, I almost always laugh when it's someone I know. Because I know they won't get offended and even if they do they'll just have to get over it.

• I do if it's a friend xD

• Depends. If it is bad I will pretend I didn't see it happen but if their laughing I will laugh also

• No not really.

• YES I laugh at pretty much anything

• It depends on how they fall and if they are hurt.

• Yes but not like dying of laughter so they feel embarassed. I do it myself all the time

• Yep everytime

• It depends, if it's a funny slip by a young person I might snicker. If it's an old person, never.

What Guys Said 17

• No, I go " whoops" cause my mind automatically puts me in their position as if I was tripping or falling. Like saying bless you when you sneeze.

• Only when it's a cat or a dog.

• No I want to help them up if I am close by

• No i go and help them up.

• I try not to and I won't you know if someone gets actually hurt.

• Lol, I try not to, depends on the situation. Once I notice they're actually hurt though, my mood shifts to concerned and I definitely stop laughing.

• Actually no. I've never found that to be funny and I could never understand why people crack up when they see that.

• i will try not to laugh on the outside but i´m dying from laughter on the inside XD

• Yea, usually its funny, I laugh when I fall over too.

• Usually.

• No, that will be disrespectful

• no, because i know if i laugh they'll get embarrassed.

• Depends who they are and how badly they're hurt

• They'll probably beat the shit out of me if I laugh.

• Hell yeah

• Depends on how they fall so, sometimes. Hehe