Recipes for oats?

So, it's my first time I'm going to take oats, but I don't know any good oats recipe. I've heard that they taste so bad so, could you help me in making them tastier?
(Try not to add sugar)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There's lots of things you can add to oats. Of course if making oatmeal put about one part oats into 2 parts boiling water for about 5 minutes. I've usually added a bunch of stevia but you can add any sweetener. Then I put about a tsp (5 milliliters) cinnamon to 1/2 cup (~0.1 liter) oats. I also like to add milk like right when the oats are done cooking. I like to add it into the pan to take some heat from the pan to heat the milk. Then I'd pour in a bowl. There are lots of recipes for oats though. I just haven't been experiemental yet.
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com/.../

If you like chocolate chip cookies I REALLY recommend adding oats to them for a healthier alternative. They are still really tasty too.
    www.google.com/webhp

I would really not make chocolate chip cookies without oats.

I'm inspired to make some now 😐

• Thank you so so so much :)

• I like stevia because it's a natural sweetener. It happens to be a reasonable price in general but that particular one is especially cheap. There are diluted stevia products with fillers that may be cheaper, but I'd only buy the pure stuff. The mixed ones tend to have less shelf life too. I bet you can find a smaller container though. I went through two of the ounce ones before buying that big four ounce one. The ounce ones lasted me about a year back then but I have more uses for it now.

• Thanks a lot :)

What Girls Said 6

• @COCOCHANEL
    What assumptions did I make? WtheElff?
    Never mind don't answer that, you're too small minded.

You're far too ignorant to know any better. and you keep going on about america america, I never once mentioned america or americans or anything about YOU! you're effin' weird or maybe just dumb and keep going off of the subject and referring back to this which is quite stupid. I don't care where you're from It's completely irrelevant, and has nothing to do with my initial advice to the question asker, Mexicans are americans too but that's not even relevant to this at all, you're dumb seriously.

Correct a fool, and he'll be angry... Correct a wise person and they'll thank you for it. ... this saying fits you quite well. Stay with your ignorance and keep on buying your agave disguised as a healthy food. ewk!

@question asker my comment was directed at you, in case you DO want to be healthier and smarter, any agave syrup is worse than real sugar, regardless of "organic" labels.

Consume what you want but stay healthy!! ;p!

• I eat oatmeal with chia seeds and Berries most mornings. I think it's yummy! And there's no added sugar.

Just mix one part oats with one part water, add a tbsp of chia (optional) and about 1/4 cup of mixed frozen berries and microwave for about minute / minute and a half.

• Sometimes as a treat I'll put maple syrup in my oatmeal but obviously that counts as added sugar haha

• Use quick oats, obviously. Haha

There's really no nutritional benefit to stone cut oats or any of that over quick oats so might as well use the quick ones!

• Thanks. Didn't know about that :D

• Use google?

• It has hundreds of recipes 😓 That's why I asked this. To sort out what people actually make.

• OK I usually Don't do much! Just make oatmeal with some sugar. Add some banana and see what taste good.

• I actually like the taste of oats.
    I usually have them with fat free yoghurt, bananas & blueberries ~ or in a muesli

• One cup of oats , some water, ( I blend it to get rid of that annoying grainy texture) than I put it in a pot , add some rice milk and a banana and some cinnamon. I stir it and stir it until it's the way I like it, hahhaha sorry I don't really measure my food.

• sugarless oatmeal raisin cookies
    (sweetened with organic agave syrup)

• Ok I'll try thanks

• @Errhh first you make assumptions and slam my opinion without even saying hi and now you're gonna age-shame me while you hide your actual age? great tactics you got there. like i stated i'm buying products from mexico not from the states. i never said us or usda organic. i said organic and mexican. why do you keep saying usda and something about america (the adj for the usa, not the continent in this case) you were the one who first mentioned americans? i used the adj mexican to clarify that i'm talking about
      products from the country mexico. your reading comprehension is seriously lacking. witty comebacks won't help you out there.

• @Errhh ”Only in The USA would agave be passed under "organic” ← you have no idea what products i'm recommending. you made an assumption. you THINK you know what products i'm referring to. i am NOT talking about usda organic products. i never once said that.

What Guys Said 9

• 1. When I started working out, getting fit etc, taste was the last thing on my mind
    2. All I looked forward to is that dream body <3 :)
    3. I used to boil oats in water and eat it w/o sugar, salt or cream when required and recommended and it did yield results
    4. You need to get your priority right and only then will you acquire and achieve that you desire.
    5. I accept my answer isn't exactly what you expected but this is how it is
    6. I did it when I was over 40 hence if you follow this at your age you'll see results much faster at your age :) <3
    7. Yes you can add some dry fruits like raisins, walnuts, pistachios, almonds etc - avoid cashews :)

Good luck :)

• Thanks Raj. You're always a motivation in every aspect of life :)

• Haha I should copy paste this. This is super cute lol.

• ha ha ha do as you must and please, no copyrights here and even if there were, you'd never be held liable lol

• I eat them every morning with bananas. I usually take a bite of the banana and then add some oats, but I'm guessing you could smash the banana and add the oats so that it's all mixed.

I also eat oats on a peanut butter sandwich (yes, just peanut butter and oats xD). Sure, it's not the tastiest meal ever, and you need plenty of water to help it go down, but it's healthy.

• I usually eat it with a sliced banana or papaya, low fat yogurt and a little bit of honey for sweetness. I actually like oat a lot. :)

• Thanks for the suggestion :)
      I tried oats and I was surprised that how people call it an unsavoury breakfast. It's very good.

• Cinnamon really helps, why can't you add sugar?

• Add honey instead?

• If you don't want to add sugar then add fruit like raspberries or blueberries.

• i boiled oats then add some honey into it and then eat it.

• Wouldn't honey make me fat? Cause... sugar.

• @Vnmc4 Honey would technically still be sugar 😛. Sugar is sugar.. Whether it comes from a natural source or not, in he end it all does the same thing once it's inside your body... Even from fruits... Why do you think people with type 2diabetes cannot have many fruits?

With the difference in that fake sugar is far more worse than natural sugars, but in the end it's still sugar.

Honey is probably one of the better options to go with if you're gonna sweeten something up...
      Or fruits... Real sugar is better than fake sugars such as corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup and agave among many others... , but it's all still sugar. 😁😁 just limit the portions.

Cinnamon could help with the taste as well, but it's not sweet..
      Cinnamon and honey would be good I think 😛

• @Errhh do one thing, become my personal trainer 😇

• Mix it with peanut butter and jaggery

• You mean as in porridge?

The main thing is to start with quality oats and good soft water. They don't taste bad at all, they can be delicious with a little salt and butter or cream.