What is your haircare routine?

What do you do to take care of your hair?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• okay so i try to wash it every 2-3 days. i do that because i've been advised that the natural oils in the hair need to develop that bring nutrients to the scalp and follicles. if u wash it everyday, ur killing off the nutrients, resulting in dry hair.

i shampoo once a week and condition every time i wash it. when I'm done, ill apply a mix of almond, coconut and olive oil that i made myself. then i towel dry and comb it. I'm trying to grow it out so after that i braid it tight, wrap it into a bun and sleep.

then yeah if i want, from there i just straighten or curl it when it's dry. comes out lovely.

What Guys Said 26

• I have this very low maintenance short haircut (it's below 1 inch before I have a haircut). So either just brush it or use a conditioner when I have to.
    I need to wash it every 3 days when very short and every 2 days before the next haircut... :D
    Do you spend long hours in the bathroom Nichole?

• Every 5 to 6 months I go into the Barbershop and get a Crew Cut when It grows out I just brush it up the front part and the side feather it back

• Well, I recently had a haircut, so my routine is a smaller schedule right now. I wash it every morning, then I dry it with a towel, then I add a little bit of hair wax and voila!

When I had my longer hair two weeks ago for about 4 years, I washed every morning, blowdryed it, then I would leave it for half hour and then straighten it. Then I added a bit of hairspray to keep it in place, but it never worked...

• Jeez... I must be lazy because I barely do any of that work to my hair ever lol

• I literally just use regular old shampoo and then just rub my hair like crazy with the towel until it's dry. And then whatever it dries as is what I'll go with. I don't even own a comb... So yeah I don the messy hairstyle.

• Wash them with water everyday,.
    Shampoo them every week..
    And go on for a routine haircut whenever they over grow..

• I use whatever shampoo is there that my wife bought. Every now and then I use conditioner. It looks good. When I have something special to go to I will soend extra time on it especially drying it to get the right look. I hit it with a short burst of hairspray at times.

• Uggg, I didn't think I needed to say this but I wash my hair every day.

• So, I am showering today think about the new shampoo because of this question and I look at it more closely. It is Pomegranate and Mango BODY WASH, uggg. Meh, it did okay for the past week, hehe.

• Good thing my wife has several other shampoos.

• Wash every day or two. I use Garnier products a type of wax that holds and provides the look I'm after. I was also using anti dandruff shampoo as my scalp gets dry easily. I never use a blow dryer and the hair gets cut every 2-3 months. At my age of 46 I have a bit of grey but I have no baldness. My hair is extremely healthy.

• Wake up, wash my hair with head and shoulders for men to be exact :p Then dry it with a towel, rarely blow dry it, it's bad for the hair. Every two days I use conditioner. And you Bunny Boo?

• I usually use Sainsbury's shampoo. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous I might whip out the Head and Shoulder's.

Recently I have been worried about thinning hair, so I use anti-thinning-hair shampoo.

Dry with a towel, apply gel.

• I bathe my hair in the blood of my enemies... Soap myself in the sweat of Vengeance... oh wait... wrong answer lol. Nah just the simple routine of Shampoo, soap in the shower while deep in thought of why the hell is Trump running for President.

• I don't have one. I wash it normally with shampoo in the shower and that's it. later a bit of styling... done

• Wash my hair every other day and brush it etc, pretty standard stuff.

• I wash them every two days and trim them every two month, and i do the magic home remedies at least once per month, wbu :)?

• I wash it every day in the shower

• 1. Shower

• When little kids stare at me in fright I figure its time to wash/comb it.

• I cut my own hair. 1 all around and 2 on top

• Nothing. It's just there framing my face, not much else lol lol

• nothing, i just spray water on it to make my hairs look good, and use shampoo twice a month

• Shower, let it get damp or moist or whatever, spike it up (with gel when i want that slick look)

• Wash my head when I shower... Shave my head about ever other week.

• Just the standard washing my hair and taking a brush to the hair and beard.

• Nothing much. Just wash my hair every other day. That's about it

• Once in a duration of six month :P

• Um... wh-what? R-routine? Err... right. Of course. Well of course I brush my hair – like once every month but don't tell anyone – and, uh, wash it in the shower, with shampoo and conditioner of course. Um. Yeah. And when I go to bed, I shake my head. Unintentional rhyme. Ha ha. Err. Right. Well. That's a routine. Erm..."routine".
    But hey! Fluffy-like hair doesn't need much "care", right? It's probably more healthier this way anyway.

... I don't know; maybe I should do something about this.

After a brief examination: what the heck is with this answer? What was I thinking?

• I'm one of da few people who can have nice hair even if they get out of bed... and they're not even a buzzcut...

I just cut 'em on ma own every month or so up to a certain length... eyebrow level... neck level... particularly...

What Girls Said 26

• My hair is wavy and ridiculously thick.

Firstly, I limit the amount of heat styling I use. I don't blowdry my hair unless absolutely necessary. I don't straighten it often either. I just fix the wonky waves.

I only brush it when I get out of the shower.

I get it cut as often as possible to maintain the shape and get rid of split ends. When I live in a place with good hairstylists, this can be as often as every three weeks (but usually closer to about every 5 weeks).

I only use salon products. Matrix Biolage, Arbonne and Moroccan oil.

• Incredibly low maintenance.
    I shampoo my hair on a daily basis. Air-dry after, go to bed. Wake up, put some mousse in it, leave it in a top knot while I'm eating breakfast and getting ready to start the day, then brush it out and either tie it up in the usual side braid, or a loose pony.

• I shampoo and condition. I try to let it air dry for as long as possible, but it takes forever and a day to fully dry, so I blowdry it after a while. I straighten it after that. I do use a spray that helps the heat dry my hair faster (less time with harmful heat on it).

• If my hair is straight I brush my hair before I shower to make it easier for me. Reverse wash my hair every other day. I try to massage my scalp after I put in my conditioner and shampoo. Use a wide tooth comb after I get out of the shower, to get out tangles. Put it in a towel for about ten minutes so I don't damage my hair so much when I blow dry it. Blow dry it straight, usually. Then use the flat iron to get out any left over waves/curls my hair didn't get out. At night before I go to bed, I brush it, tie it back loosely and wrap a scarf over it. If I decide to keep it natural, I don't brush it once it's dry and instead use the pineapple method to keep my waves and curls from getting smushed.

• It differs depending on how greasy and unmanageable it gets.

I try to wash it every other day, but I usually wash it every day. Shampoo and conditioner, which I let both soak in for a good minute or two while I shave and wash my body.

Then when I get out of the shower I slather in some leave-in conditioner.

Sometimes I blow dry and straighten it. Sometimes I just leave it be.

• i shampoo and condition my hair like once a week and i give to my hair an oil mask before shampoo... and i sometimes apply some oil to my hair that's it.. i trim my hair when i notice split ends and straighten my hair like once or twice a year

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

what my hair does 24/7, I'm so careful about how I treat it

• -Wash and condition it
    -Towel or blow dry
    -Braid it unless I'm going out then flat iron it
    -Tie it up

• Shampoo and condition it in the shower every morning and once in a while get it cut lol

I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to beauty routines... I eat healthy and exercise and just let nature do its thang for the most part...

• I wash and deep condition my hair every other week with a superfruit complex shampoo and conditioner by Shea Moisture.

• I shampoo and condition every other day with a conditionner that contains avocado oil and shea butter.
    Then, I comb it and apply a decent amount of fractured coconut oil to make it softer and hydrated because I have very dry tips. Then I let it dry naturally and decide wether to let it curly or to straighten it.

But applying an oil after you wash it is VERY important. Discovering the virtues of coconut oil literally saved my life (or my hair).

• I have none. Thank God my hair is still good so far.
    I tried to put coconut oil in my hair but it makes my hair beyond greasy. But I still recommend it though.

I don't use heat in my hair/just occasionally / on holidays/wedding etc.

Lastly, just making sure to get all the vitamins needed through food.

• Shampoo/Conditioner, air dry, brush
    I was blessed with silky, straight, long dark hair. I have to do nothing to it.

• uhhh i take a shower, wash hair, brush it out while its wet, it curls, done. touch it up with water for frizzies by my hairline but other than that i do nothing

• shampoo and conditioner twice a week, apply dry shampoo when needed and use a bit of coconut oil as an anti frizz and mix pure honey, aloe vera and coconut oil as a hair treatment once a week.

• I use hot oil treatment every time before I wash it. I of course use shampoo and conditioner. I brush my hair with a wide tooth comb while it's wet and then I let it towel dry.

• Shampoo & condition. Run serum through while it's still damp. Use heat protection then blow dry. I don't wash it every day because that strips away the natural oils. So I'll wash it every other day or like 3 times a wk.

• Creme and oil lol

• Grueling xD

• Wet my hair, shampoo, deep condition (20min-3hours), wash out. Put in heat protect - blow dry. Heat protect again - flat iron. Oil.

• I don't have a special one, I just shower it really.

• I have shampoo so the color doesn't fade as fast and conditioner. That's it. Ahahah

• Shampoo and conditioner and then just comb it.

• I wash it, condition it, brush it to the side and voila it's done.

• just shower

• Shampoo and cream rinse it every other day.