Where do you get your motivation to get anything done?

My grades are slipping in school. My dad told me I should consider just not going to college at all and going straight into the work force. Whenever he says that I get short bursts of motivation that last maybe a month if the kick in the pants is really really strong.

Don't just tell me that I'm going to be a loser for the rest of my life because I want to get somewhere but just reminding myself of my future being in jeopardy isn't enough to put a fire in my gut. I need new sources of spark.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got it from myself, one day I decided to stop slacking off and start working harder in school so I can get into college and stuff. I just study hard and I don't wait till the last minute. I always get things done beforehand so I don't have to worry about it the next day. When I do good in school and bring home good grades it makes my dad so proud of me. He just wants you to succeed that's all.

What Girls Said 2

• I do it for me, and because my dad was always so proud of me whenever I did well in school or sports. Succeeding like that helps me remember him and I love that feeling.

• I get my mine through the fact that I want to accomplish certain things before I turn 20.

Within these two years, I must complete high school , and be in college/ doing associate , etc.

Anyway, So when I feel lazy to do my work, I just look at this mini bank/jar that I am using to save money for a trip to Morocco, and think /know that if I don't keep up with my work, even if I do have the money to go, I won't because I won't be happy that I didn't get the job done.

What Guys Said 2

• I think he wants you to succeed, but he is going about it all wrong. I worked for about a year after highschool. Believe me you have plenty of options if you don't feel like you can succeed. Just ask

• I'm just somebody who likes to work