Who here owns their own home? And how much do you pay for your property taxes per year?

Its so much better then renting owning your own house and you have something to show for.

Most Helpful Girl

• I own my own home. Property taxes last year were $2,541.

• That's so Awesome for sure and your property taxes are pretty cheap

• Oh ok I thought you were calling me girl. lol

• Haha. Oh no, definitely not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I own my own home, property taxes are about 1200 dollars U. S. It's the insurance that gets me, it's somewhere about 3000 a year for both flood and hazard insurance. Funny thing is I live in a hundred year flood zone and there never been a flood in a 100+ years. The other thing is maintenance and up keep, brick is best in choice for exterior. My suggestion would be to go for a repossession property and fix it up to rent out to others, you could pull in about a few hundred in extra income. If you took no income from it in 5 years and paid it off, the total amount after it's been paid for that you bring in is yours to keep and can be used in lew of your regular income to pay for a house that you do want to live in. An asset is something that puts money in your pocket and a liability is something that takes it out of your pocket, it's a scam when you are told that owning a home is your biggest asset, when it's most likely your biggest up front liability for 30 years with a mortgage. If I knew this at age 24 when I bought my first home, I'd probably have 4 to 5 homes bring an average of 1000 dollars U. S. income every month, and I could be retired now If I wanted to. Just food for thought.

• That sounds great man. Your the man with a plan, I like this post a lot very helpful sounds like you have it all figured out

• You're welcome and glad you're here on this site, good to have people like you in this world.

• thank you so much

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 8

• Life is like a giant game of Monopoly, wherein if you roll your dice properly you could wind up owning Baltic Avenue, and having enough cat food to keep you alive until you die of some semi-natural cause.

• No, I don't. I want to buy my own home one day though. I don't want to rent all my life.

• I'm just renting at the moment but it is one of my goals.
    I just don't like to part with my money, it's a mental thing. I just feel better, there more money I know is in the bank.

• i dont own anything but i have bids in for many properties. im not emotionally tied to anything so my bids are strictly business. i actually want one of these properties. its a three bedroom condo next to an arbys and kfc. please let me have it.

• Building a house ETA end of July. I'm so stoked!! Property taxes will be $1,300/year.

• Not me lol but my parents does :)

• Yeah I am thinking many here are in the same boat as you that's why not to much posting going on in here

• Taxes + insurance? Around 4-5k I guess, but I am not the one paying it. I am more or less a rentee.

• I'm 17 so