Do you believe in Luck?

Simple question, do you? Do you believe in Luck?

• Yes I do
  • No I do not

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people have better fortune than others. I think I have stinky luck most times. Ex) Today I went to get chips from the vending machine, and the chips got stuck :D
    Yesterday-I went to school to study before an event but forgot my ID, so I went all the way to get it just to find out in the ticketing line that IDs were not required :D

• Hmmmm... you might want to stay away from Vegas for awhile :P

• @Paris13 I need to become more devout, then he will show favor on me haha

• lol.. God loves everyone, have Faith, @vishna. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• Luck is a thing but not as people know it.
    There are two kinds of luck.
    The first kind.
    The universe is like a pendulum. If your starting position is slightly different , then the path taken by the pendulum would be wildly different.
    That's the basis of hard determinism. That we as individuals have no power to control our fate , that it is all decided.
    However from a compatibilist perspective where we take into account of freewill. The pendulum has the power , the free will to make a conscious decision , to apply a force , a thrust to change his/her trajectory which would ultimately change the trajectory taken by the pendulum.
    To apply it back to life.
    We are all born in different places in life.
    Some are born to millionaires , some are born in a ghetto.
    Some are born in happy families , some are born in broken ones.
    Some are born beautiful , some are born less so.
    That's our "luck" but does that mean it's the end of the story?
    No because we have the power to change our trajectory in life.

Here comes the second kind of "luck" , the luck that we make.
    To change our trajectory and be prepared for the opportunities that we may meet in life. Luck rewards those who are prepared. Those who are persistent and patience.

When luck and luck comes together. You'll create something... beautiful.
    www.capitalotc.com/.../elon-musk.jpg
    blogs-images.forbes.com/.../...buffet_1024x576.jpg
    cdn02.androidauthority.net/.../...eo-cher-wang.jpg

What Girls Said 26

• Luck is a probability, cause and effect. If something in probable happens that's a good thing like finding 100 dollars on the ground your consider a luck person. But if something unproable that's bad like getting laid off, your girlfriend dump you , then you are an unlucky person.

• No there's only probability!

• I do a degree. I agree on small little things. Like... playing Rummy. You have got to be a lucky duck when playing that game. I mean, it's also about skill, but luck plays a huge part in if you win the game.

• Nope, not really.

• meeeeehhhhh not really.

• Yes , but when it doesn't happen to me eyt everyone around me often I think it's something else. So I'm 50/50 I guess.

• May RNGeus watch over you. :P

(The deity responsible for situations that are determined largely by luck, chance, or randomness in online games. Derived from RNG, which means "random number generator." )

• Yes. I have seen some get really lucky, and some people who totally don't have any luck.

• I do believe in luck

• Maybe a little

• Luck comes to those who are prepared.

• yeah i do believe in it. sometimes i wake up and i'm extremely lucky the whole day, multiple good things happen to me. it might just be my attitude about it but i do think luck exists.

• Yes I totally do. I also belive that each person has their own kind of luckiness. If you know your type of luckiness well, you can even make a good use of it.
    I have my own kind of luckiness too and am making a good use of it ^^

• Not organized or promoted luck

• Nahhh. Not really

• yes I do

• No I don't at all

• Ya Mr. Toad of course i do :P

• only when i'm feeling lucky

• Hell yes! I'm part Irish by the way bahaha

• yes I believe in luck

• Yes but i also believe in grand design also

• We make our own luck.

• Nah.

• Yes I do believe in luck

What Guys Said 18

• Im not sure I believe in chance anymore. I think everything happens in a predictable manner and that everything that happens was set in motion by the events that came before it.

I see luck as variables in your life that you had no control/no direct influence over. The variables aren't random or by chance but you are unaware of them and had no direct influence in causing them to happen.

For example: I think lottery numbers could be predicted if you had the right program and all of the input variables. Like if you knew the dimensions, weight, and mass of all the balls, the measurements of the enclosure, the starting location of each of the balls , the friction, and all the forces acting on all the balls I dont see why you couldnt predict the which balls would roll out first.

Its not truly random, but its random to you since you personally have no control over the balls to force the numbers you want to come out and you also have no way of calculating the result and picking the balls that will win. So if you win it was luck, but the result wasn't random.

• Yes I do believe in good luck and bad luck: being at the right place at the right moment can make an awful difference.
    The good luck:
    -I had broken up with my ex, had earned some money selling notes and was planning a vacation trip. My bestie was in love with some older guy thus declined.
    -My wife too was planning a vacation trip and her bestie declined too.
    She asked me, out of the blue (nearly: I had asked her out to a show a month earlier)
    We're still happy together.
    --
    My son got a good job because he heard a teacher committed suicide, a week before the exams. He jumped in his car, drove to the school and the principal was the happiest man in town when he met him. Math teachers are hard to find here.

---
    The bad luck:
    I had gotten an excellent promotion to branch manager because I was the only really multi lingual. Then i fell seriously ill, stayed ill for a year. Obviously, when I came back, my place was taken. I had to restart my career.

Just 100% hazard.

• It was my "bad luck" that I was born as such an ugly guy. If we had to struggle in order to get good looks, I'd be born looking someone like Nick Bateman :(

(Voted A)

• I suppose I have to because in life I feel the dice have rolled my way more often than not - I would say about 8 times out of 10 when the outcome cannot be predicted , it comes out in my favour (unfortunately doesn't work for lotto numbers) just normal things in life like transferring offices in work, will there be a good crowd in new place sort of thing.

• never had any, so no.

• Does it really matter if you believe in luck or not? It's not like keeping a couple leaves in your body will make you luckier.

Peace of Mind. That's what you really are doing.

• Luck is just a happy coincidence.
    I don't believe in things or people who claim to predetermined luck.

• i believe in chance.

that's why i dont play the lottery.

• Luck? In my experience there is no such thing.

• a bit I guess...

• i want to say no but somethings make me wonder

• Never

• There is no luck, only the force...

• Hell yes

• I believe in destiny, some people are destined to be lucky and some are not. Lol

• Can you, err, "not believe in luck"? Is that a thing?

• Yes I do.

• Yepp - in all parts of life